BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Newcastle United, 24th September.

m1st

The team for tomorrow barring any injuries will be:

GK Robinson

RB Salgado

CB Danns

CB Samba

LB Givet

RW Hoilett

CM Nzonzi

CM Lowe

LW Olssen

CF Yakubu

CF Formica

:)

Guess at least the left side is well covered.. very much all down to Lowe this one mind, if he has a decent game in midfield we are laughing but Lowe and Nzonzi v Cabaye, Toite and Afra worries me a hell of allot especially if Kean sticks with his tactic of playing one midfielder futher forward than the other.

Newcastles main weakness has to be it's strikers although Leon seems to be doing pretty well this season Dann and Samba should be able to cope with him it is going to be down to how the midfield cope.

Another massive weakness that seems overlooked is their fullbacks.. we could have an awful lot of joy with those lads, Ryan Taylor v Hoilett and Danny Simpson v Olsson.. Taylor isn't a left back and lacks pace and Danny ain't ever been the quickest player going.. while their defence has been much more organised than ours two very pacy wingers will cause those poor lads no end of issues. So for this game given the opposition playing Jnr out wide makes allot of sense as we can exploit their lack of pace.

Salgado v Gutiérrez will be interesting, not sure who will come out on top in that competition but due to Taylors pace (aginst jnr rather than his attacking contributions) I doubt Taylor will be doing much Roving forward (if he does all the better as it will free up jnr). I reckon Lowe would of struggled with Gutiérrez he has done an admirable job in there but has been turned inside out on a few occasions and imo would struggle against an experienced tricky dedicated winger.

Personally I am not a massive fan of Rochina in the role he has been playing in.. but I would of loved to of seen if he could play off the Yak as a second striker.

Suprised to say this but if this is the team that Kean sticks out against the toon then tactically he has made some decent changes and unlike the Arsenal game (Leaving the flanks exposed was always going to be a huge issue) he has started with an appropriate team with maybe the exceptions of Lowe and possibly Formica the ideal starting 11 given the opposition.

Looks like it will certainly be an interesting contest with us hopefully being able to capitalise on their lack of defensive pace down the flanks and weak strike force but countered by the strength they have in midfield and potentially the pace they on the left wing.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see -

------Robinson

Lowe Samba Dann Givet

---Petrovic--N'Zonzi

Vukcevic-------Olsson

---------Hoilet

----------Yak

That is the exact team I was hoping for.

I think petrovic grows into games. I always feel that he improves, so I think we need to give him game time. Prefer hoillet behind the striker where he can link up with Olsson.

I know it's a bit late, but does anyone know anyone with a spare ticket for the game? In newcastle already, any help would be much appreciated

Try ringing newcastles ticket office (sorry I dont have the number), often we send our tickets back on a Saturday so they can be sold on the day.

I subscribe to norwegian TV2 Sumo - the official channel for all PL games in Norway - and get all games live in HD (5mbps stream) online. Would suspect a similar deal is available in UK or at least most european countries. Used to be a hound for free (illegal) streams but I get the legal version for about 10£ pr month through my ISP and ALL games available from every round whenever I want Recommended!

Big hopes for today as I'm stuck away from home over the weekend with a horrible internet-connection. Usually when I'm away we win....thankfully I can now see the game when I get home tomorrow night:)

Official team for today:

1 Paul Robinson

2 Michel Salgado

3 Martin Olsson

4 Christopher Samba ©

5 Gael Givet

10 Mauro Formica

15 Steven Nzonzi

16 Scott Dann

23 Junior Hoilett

24 Yakubu

35 Jason Lowe

Subs

13 Mark Bunn

11 Vince Grella

14 Radosav Petrovic

20 Ruben Rochina

29 Simon Vukcevic

30 Jason Roberts

31 Grant Hanley

I subscribe to norwegian TV2 Sumo - the official channel for all PL games in Norway - and get all games live in HD (5mbps stream) online. Would suspect a similar deal is available in UK or at least most european countries. Used to be a hound for free (illegal) streams but I get the legal version for about 10£ pr month through my ISP and ALL games available from every round whenever I want Recommended!

Big hopes for today as I'm stuck away from home over the weekend with a horrible internet-connection. Usually when I'm away we win....thankfully I can now see the game when I get home tomorrow night:)

Unfortunately there is no such deal available here in the UK, we just get whatever sky choose. It is fairly well implemented in all the US sports, I can do it for NFL, MLB etc, however I think that Sky would have a lot to say if the PL operated a 'game pass' type service here.

ROVERS: Robinson; Salgado, Samba ©, Dann, Givet; Hoilett, N'zonzi, Lowe, Olsson; Formica, Yakubu.

Subs: Bunn, Hanley, Grella, Petrovic, Vukcevic, Rochina, Roberts.

Newcastle: Krul; Simpson, Taylor, Coloccini ©, Taylor; Obertan, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez; Best, Ba.

Subs: Harper, Perch, Guthrie, Marveaux, Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Lovenkrands

• Backroom

I would have had Hoilett one side Olsson the other with Rochina behind the Yak personally as I think Ruben would excel there and offer more than Formica.

Otherwise can't moan too much

Archived