BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Newcastle United, 24th September.

m1st

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rovers4Good

The starting XI for the next game always train as a unit the last training session before a game, I suspect Rovers4Good has a way of seeing the training sessions.

Either that or i'm a bloody good guess lol :)

Won't it be more...

GK Robinson

RB Salgado

CB Dann

CB Samba

LB Givet

DM Nzonzi

DM Lowe

RW Hoilett

LW Olsson

AM Formica

CF Yakubu

Subtle difference but looks a bit more sturdy...

How do you know this anyway?!

Not sure what the difference is apart from it's far more defensive which i don't agree with. :(

Not sure what the difference is apart from it's far more defensive which i don't agree with. :(

Not sure it's more defensive, it just gives a bit more protection in the centre. It 'should' allow Hoilett and Olsson more freedom if Formica plays deeper though.

I personally feel Rochina is ahead of Formica at the moment in terms of selection.

Rochina's problem is that he loses the ball an awful lot at the moment. We can perhaps carry that problem at home, but away (especially against a team in good form) it becomes quite a serious problem.

Formica must be impressing in training though because he's done little since the Everton game to suggest he should be starting. His ball retention is probably the thing that's winning him a place at the moment.

I personally feel Rochina is ahead of Formica at the moment in terms of selection.

hmmm difficult one, I guess you would fancy Rochina to score if he gets a chance where as Formica's shots are a little lame at the moment.

Been a little down hill since that penatlty miss.

WIll be a close one.

Personally I think Olsson has to start, he was great against arsenal and givet plays better with olsson providing more cover infront of him.

I reckon rovers will surprise the pundits again and I'm going for a sneaky win!!!

My first 11 would be;

Robbo

Lowe Samba Dann Givet(Would like to see us buy a left back in jan!)

Rochina Nzonzi Petrovic (would have picked dunn if fit) Olsson

Hoilett

Yakubu

Would like to see Simon introduced last 30, looked bright against leyton orient and good at keeping ball.

Formica has to be dropped after being anonymous at fulham and against arsenal. But to come on as a sub later in the game.

J Rob demoted to 606 duty, he was embarassingly bad against Orient. Cant see his contract getting renewed in the summer

Guest Rovers4Good

Personally I think Olsson has to start, he was great against arsenal and givet plays better with olsson providing more cover infront of him.

I reckon rovers will surprise the pundits again and I'm going for a sneaky win!!!

My first 11 would be;

Robbo

Lowe Samba Dann Givet(Would like to see us buy a left back in jan!)

Rochina Nzonzi Petrovic (would have picked dunn if fit) Olsson

Hoilett

Yakubu

Would like to see Simon introduced last 30, looked bright against leyton orient and good at keeping ball.

Formica has to be dropped after being anonymous at fulham and against arsenal. But to come on as a sub later in the game.

J Rob demoted to 606 duty, he was embarassingly bad against Orient. Cant see his contract getting renewed in the summer

Dude take a look at the team i mentioned earlier in the thread and that is what it's going to be tomorrow if there are no injuries in the meantime. :)

Get your mortgage on it. ;)

I think we stand a chance of a positive result on the weekend. I don't think Newcastle will be able to break us down as they have little upfront. If fit I would go with vince in the midfield and olson on the left wing. I prefer Formica to rochina. Formica is slow but makes intelligent runs and passes. Rochina reminds me of a ###### Joe cole at west ham. When he learns when to do skills he will be a very good player and probably not with rovers

Just reading SAMs column in the London evening standard where he is enphasing and comparing himself to Wenger.

Love it

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23990106-weve-had-our-differences-but-arsene-wenger-is-still-one-of-the-best.do

Comapring himself to Wenger? Where?

He's also 'comparing' himself to Pater Reid if you want to look at it like that Bucky.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23990106-weve-had-our-differences-but-arsene-wenger-is-still-one-of-the-best.do

Comapring himself to Wenger? Where?

He's also 'comparing' himself to Pater Reid if you want to look at it like that Bucky.

Calm down Matty.

I've been drinking since two (and my spelling is still OK)

I bet West Ham fans love reading this stuff. It's like they are still in the big league

The only problem with starting Dunn or Grella is that it practically puts us a sub down, since it's nailed on that one of them will hobble off. I'd be tempted to put faith in Petrovic and give him the game-time needed to get up to speed.

Just reading SAMs column in the London evening standard where he is enphasing and comparing himself to Wenger.

Love it

I've just read it - and nowhere does Sam compare himself to Wenger only commenting on Wenger's current difficulties and also the plight of Peter Reid at Plymouth.

Your continuining attempts to denigrate our former manager are getting increasingly desperate. Try again.

Just can't see Lowe starting in midfeld, he was awful against Arsenal in midfeld and was better at rightback, says it all....

I think we'll see Petrovic or Grella there.

But you don't know whats in the hat ?

I think Nzonzi was part of the reason that Lowe was over run. I would guess he is starting as he is more mobile than Petrovic or Grella.

I'd play the following side:

--------------Robinson --------

----Lowe Dann Samba Givet

--------- Nzonzi Pedersen----

-----Rochina Holiett Olsson

-------------------Yak------------

Feel those supporting midfield three are the best we've got at present, I'd play Holiett the more central so is lack of tracking back isn't as much an issue.

Archived