BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Newcastle United, 24th September.

m1st

The Arsenal result last week papered over the cracks. Conceded 3 goals against Arsenal, 2 goals in the cup against bottom of league Orient and another 3 goals today.

You can't stay up conceding as many goals as this. Having a 'shoot-out' mentality will only lead to one outcome as we saw with Blackpool last season.

The lucky win against Arsenal means that Kean won't be gone now probably until the new year, and that is no guarantee with these owners. Continue to let in this amount of goals and it will be too late, Rovers fate will be sealed by Christmas.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If today is anything to go off then we have 5 players able to cut it at this level: Robinson, Samba, N'Zonzi, Olsson and Hoilett. Everyone else was garbage. Yakubu, Formica and Lowe may as well not be playing and why do people on here rave about Dann? He's the most average £8m defender I've ever seen. Gets turned with ease on the edge of his 6 yard box, rarely wins a header, every time Samba isn't there to marshall the defence completely falls apart. Arsenal was promising, this was absolute rubbish.

Last week's euphoria has quickly been replaced by the harsh reality that we are currently a very poor side under the leadership of Kean. We've had some poor away performances in the past but today's has got to right up there with them. Newcastle are a average Premier League side with a very decent players, that's it nothing more. Yet we made them look world-class today, the distinctly mediocre Obertan was made to look like Messi. The defense was all over the place, a frequent theme of this season, Newcastle second and third goals where just really poor defending. Pointing to the third goal (which you could argue shouldn't have been given) and then the subsequent sending off of Olsson as excuses are poor attempts at papering over the evident cracks of what was a very, very poor away performance in which the final scoreline could have been much, much worse. I know we've always been rather rubbish away from home, but Newcastle was suppose to be one of our "happy hunting grounds".

Yes I'm fickle, aren't all football fans? I thought maybe with last week's result we had turned a corner and we would improve. But no today we where back to normal ol' Rovers on the road getting a good beating.

Was time to go for Kean about 3 games ago, clueless. Scoring 4 past Arsenal isn't an achievment when 2 were comedic own goals.

As Blackpool found out, if you can't defend properly in this divison, you'll go down,and that's where we are heading with Kean at the helm.

If today is anything to go off then we have 5 players able to cut it at this level: Robinson, Samba, N'Zonzi, Olsson and Hoilett. Everyone else was garbage. Yakubu, Formica and Lowe may as well not be playing and why do people on here rave about Dann? He's the most average £8m defender I've ever seen. Gets turned with ease on the edge of his 6 yard box, rarely wins a header, every time Samba isn't there to marshall the defence completely falls apart. Arsenal was promising, this was absolute rubbish.

Yakubu??? You can't really blame him mate he didn't get any support what so ever if anything I felt sorry for him didn't get any service, for me damn had a shocker

same with salgado no passion or leadership

There seems to be no tangible differnce to the way the side sets up away from home to at Ewood, recipe for disaster in this division.

Formica should not be playing away from home, our midfield is non existent and on the flanks we are absolutely mullered again and again.

But still, what a win Arsenal was- just like Liverpool.

Was time to go for Kean about 3 games ago, clueless. Scoring 4 past Arsenal isn't an achievment when 2 were comedic own goals.

As Blackpool found out, if you can't defend properly in this divison, you'll go down,and that's where we are heading with Kean at the helm.

More like 4 months ago. The owners had the opportunity to get rid after the Wolves game and they blew it.

He has been criticised but I would play MGP on the wing in a 4-4-2.

No cover for the fullbacks, and the ones we have are slow so this a form of torture.

We give teams a 1-0 headstart before the game begins, when was the last time we kept a clean sheet?

30th April in all competitions in competitive games. Against Bolton. i was fuming during the game, now im past the point of caring. Tactically kean might as well not bother turning up. Whats the point, he doesnt address any of our problems. People on here are pointing things out that i honestly dont think kean sees during the game. The wings need addressing and he is just hoping that they will sort themselves out. The substituions leave alot to be desired. Then on the pitch there is no leadership. Two people are going to the same man and then getting caught, the players are running after the ball like a dog on the beach. ###### poor from kean, but theres a shock.

"The third goal was a big turning point. We felt there was a foul on Scott Dann in the goal.

"Olsson tells the referee that there was a foul on the defender and gets booked. Salgado and Givet were both injured but had to stay on the pitch.

"If that decision had gone the other way, we could have got something from the game."

He is totally, totally deluded and a master of bullsh1t.

We were lucky not to lose by 5 or 6.

Kean - the Geordies had 59% posession and 19 attempts to our 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Givet 3: the guys losing in the air and defending badly, dam hate when LeChuck is right

Samba 6: did ok

Dann 4: poor postining and also think his distribution is poor, I'm not sure who I agrued with who said he was worth 14 million but he needs to improve

Salgado: 4 just a poor poor player, age

Yakubu: 5 just didn't see the ball

Formica: 4 lightweight and useless at the moment

Givet and Salgado have both been at the core of our problems this season. Givet goes missing everytime someone attacks. This then forces Dann out of Central defence to try and make up for him going walkies. The same happened with Salgado and Samba for their first goal.

Whilst Dann maybe should have done better for their first I don't think a 4 is just. He made a goal saving slideblock for the shot going in at the far post, he also would have stopped the 3rd if Best hadn't pushed him illegally out the way.

Yakubu had no service so how can you expect him to do anything.

Formica just vanishes.

Lowe and Nzonzi did nothing to impact the game and stop newcastle running riot, as they should have.

We had 5 mids against their 4 but for the most of it they had a free run of the midfield. I hope Petrovic gets up to speed soon because neither of them are going to keep us in games.

Yes, but how many times were we in their box? I'm beginning to think the reason Kean loves that statistic so much is because he's a ladies' man.

Didn't see the match (and I have to say I'm feeling grateful I didn't), but it sounds very poor indeed. We were lucky to have been playing Arsenal last week. Next week we have Man City and they'll be tearing strips off of us all day long if the comments on here are an accurate reflection on the game today.

Kean isn't going anywhere, I don't think. Laudable though the protests are, I don't think they hurt Venky's enough to push them into action. Our squad looks brittle, and our manager an incompetent. A death by a thousand cuts I suspect.

"The third goal was a big turning point. We felt there was a foul on Scott Dann in the goal.

"Olsson tells the referee that there was a foul on the defender and gets booked. Salgado and Givet were both injured but had to stay on the pitch.

"If that decision had gone the other way, we could have got something from the game."

He is totally, totally deluded and a master of bullsh1t.

We were lucky not to lose by 5 or 6.

Kean - the Geordies had 59% posession and 19 attempts to our 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That same spiel is getting so predictable, I mean after game it's always if this had happened or if that hadn't.

Anyone could've predicted what he was gonna say.

Yakubu??? You can't really blame him mate he didn't get any support what so ever if anything I felt sorry for him didn't get any service, for me damn had a shocker

same with salgado no passion or leadership

Take your point and I am a fan of his but the fact is he may as well not have been there, he barely touched the ball. I keep saying playing as a lone striker is a thankless, incredibly difficult task but he's still gotta make more of a stab at it. He gets slated left, right and centre but Roberts would have given Newcastle far more problems today, service or not.

Honestly I wouldn't be able to restrain myself if I was anywhere near the man right now. If it wasn't our club this was happening to it would be laughable.

Kean's a bigger disgrace than Ince and he's going nowhere.

Little by little my love of football is dying with this imposter in charge.

If you truly love this club, stop backing this clown and give him hell next Saturday around 4.50pm. He and his deluded followers need to wake up.

Forget protest marches, stay in your seats after the game and roar for his departure. Make no mistake last week was born of pure luck and great timing against the poorest Arsenal in a long time.

City WILL NOT make the same mistake !!!

Kean out now !!

Archived