BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest at the City match.

Neal

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, then there is no hope for you and i'd love to know your reasoning for giving the man more time. Why wait for us to potentialy be in worse position than we are now? Wouldn't that make the job less attractive to potential successors?

With all due respect Mark, your condescending manner is getting boring. If you think your idea is a good idea, then post it! Thats what the thread is about... Leave out the lecture.

You're right there probably is no hope for me.

I just think if you look at the points we should expect now compared to the points we have - we're not looking THAT bad. The only shocking result was Wolves and we had a makeshift defence. We're hardly cut adrift. We have had good luck and bad luck this season.

Looking at performances instead of points, we had plenty of away games in which we were shocking under Allardyce, just his home record made up for it. If we sack Kean we basically have to start again and we should only be destabilising the club more as a last resort. I don't think we've played enough games this season to totally write him off, although things need to improve very quickly.

Well, then there is no hope for you and i'd love to know your reasoning for giving the man more time. Why wait for us to potentialy be in worse position than we are now? Wouldn't that make the job less attractive to potential successors?

With all due respect Mark, your condescending manner is getting boring. If you think your idea is a good idea, then post it! Thats what the thread is about... Leave out the lecture.

I just feel attempting to get someone fired after a game like Manchester City is laughable.

As I've said a lot------the time to act is never now is it? If we beat QPR then that would be a good reason to keep him on would it? We'd stumble on for a few games, realise things were no better and then it would start up all over again. And the same people would want to give him more time!

"We played well against QPR"!!!!!!!!

So, you're not confident that we'll lose against QPR at their gaff? You think that we COULD win?

"Kean Out! Kean Out! But we might beat QPR with him..."

I personally think we can do 'em, but I'm not the one protesting. Yet.

I just feel attempting to get someone fired after a game like Manchester City is laughable.

So, you're not confident that we'll lose against QPR at their gaff? You think that we COULD win?

which would you prefer, the one where we get relegated?

so lets wait and do nothing until December? when we have a game like swansea

cos the amount of fans we take to the away games at q.p.r or norwich wont make a difference, the same as those thousand singing anti-kean songs at newcastle were never gonna.

protests must be done at ewood.

he6rt, why is wanting him to get sacked after the man city game laughable? are you from planet earth? so in your estimation then we may as well not turn up as we will DEFINATELY lose, lets fofeit the game too, if we get beaten 5-0, in your eyes, thats acceptable because its man city, the fact we will be at home, means nothing to you, i bet you write all of steve kean's after match transcripts.

I think things need to be kept simple. Anti Kean chants during the city game. There will be loads of press there because of who we are playing, and people are more likely to join in with a song than are likely to attend a protest.

A simple chorus of 'Stand up, if you want Kean out!' repeated for 90 minutes should ram the message home.

Mix it in with some rovers songs for good measure.

The problem is what happens when we score in the first minute? :wacko:

I appreciate your condescending tone again, perhaps it's strategically used to cover the fact that you have never anything decent to say for yourself.

After a game like Manchester City he says.... What are you on about!?

What about the other god knows how many games we've lost so far?

What about the fact the man is a drink driver?

The fact he's never played or worked for BRFC before?

The fact he doesn't have faith in his own signings?

The fact he didn't buy 2 full backs when we could all see we were short?

The fact he was downright ignorant to 2 die hard rovers fans after the Newcastle game?

The fact that Jr Hoilett has been signing a new contract for how many months now?

The fact we're 3rd bottom of the table?

The fact he can't criticise a bad performance when his captain can?

The fact that he dropped Formica after scoring on his debut?

Or the fact he has absolutely no managerial pedigree, Premier League or otherwise whatsoever?

Seriously Mark, get a grip of yourself... Christ.

Well judging by the popularity of this thread, perhaps Steve Kean was right... Protestors are very much in a minority. The only thing is the reasoning behind it, not that the fans are happy with Kean but more worryingly... Are too lazy to be bothered.

Typical.

I think it may have more to do with the attitude presented by yourself and Matthew. A whole series of "ideas" for a protest, supposedly looking for other fans support, coupled with sideways insults thrown at those who disagree is not helping your cause. If you want a protest get on and organise what you think is right - what, where, when. If people support you they will join in as Glen Mullan proved.

On the basis of what I have read here I wouldn't support you however that doesn't mean I'm not prepared to protest. It simy reflects the tone you take with other fans.

I appreciate your condescending tone again, perhaps it's strategically used to cover the fact that you have never anything decent to say for yourself.

After a game like Manchester City he says.... What are you on about!?

What about the other god knows how many games we've lost so far?

What about the fact the man is a drink driver?

The fact he's never played or worked for BRFC before?

The fact he doesn't have faith in his own signings?

The fact he didn't buy 2 full backs when we could all see we were short?

The fact he was downright ignorant to 2 die hard rovers fans after the Newcastle game?

The fact that Jr Hoilett has been signing a new contract for how many months now?

The fact we're 3rd bottom of the table?

The fact he can't criticise a bad performance when his captain can?

The fact that he dropped Formica after scoring on his debut?

Or the fact he has absolutely no managerial pedigree, Premier League or otherwise whatsoever?

Seriously Mark, get a grip of yourself... Christ.

From reading you posts, I would support a protest, but not one set up by yourself.

Keans record speaks for itself. He should be sacked. That goes without saying.

But your attitude to other supporters, means I would support other protests, then those organised by yourself.

You tell others to get a grip. I suggest you have a look at yourself first.

I think it may have more to do with the attitude presented by yourself and Matthew. A whole series of "ideas" for a protest, supposedly looking for other fans support, coupled with sideways insults thrown at those who disagree is not helping your cause. If you want a protest get on and organise what you think is right - what, where, when. If people support you they will join in as Glen Mullan proved.

On the basis of what I have read here I wouldn't support you however that doesn't mean I'm not prepared to protest. It simy reflects the tone you take with other fans.

From reading you posts, I would support a protest, but not one set up by yourself.

Keans record speaks for itself. He should be sacked. That goes without saying.

But your attitude to other supporters, means I would support other protests, then those organised by yourself.

You tell others to get a grip. I suggest you have a look at yourself first.

Well it's a good job this thread was created so fans can share ideas on how to protest come saturday. I'm not trying to drum up support for myself, I'm just telling it how it is! Something which few people seem to want to do here without upsetting others. If you're upset about what I had to say about our fans then... I can't really understand why. Those comments are for those who dig their heads in the sand and pretend that this mess will sort itself out... Rovers fans have been doing this for as long as i can remember, under a false pretence that we have a devine right to be in this league.

Telling Mark to "get a grip" was said because thats the way he seems to talk to people in general, if you read my other posts you may see that I try to be as respectful as possible but in this current situation I think it's time some people face cold reality.

Fair play for adding to the protest debate and it's good to know we're in the same boat.

• Moderation Lead

Well it's a good job this thread was created so fans can share ideas on how to protest come saturday. I'm not trying to drum up support for myself, I'm just telling it how it is! Something which few people seem to want to do here without upsetting others. If you're upset about what I had to say about our fans then... I can't really understand why. Those comments are for those who dig their heads in the sand and pretend that this mess will sort itself out... Rovers fans have been doing this for as long as i can remember, under a false pretence that we have a devine right to be in this league.

Telling Mark to "get a grip" was said because thats the way he seems to talk to people in general, if you read my other posts you may see that I try to be as respectful as possible but in this current situation I think it's time some people face cold reality.

Fair play for adding to the protest debate and it's good to know we're in the same boat.

I just think the way you speak to people in the thread that don't agree with your point of view may well get people's backs up...

I still maintain that after the game, outside the players/directors entrance chanting anti-Kean songs would surely be a more productive effort? Granted it may look like sour grapes a touch if we've lost, but it would at least get the desired effect and make it absolutely clear how fans feel.

Archived