BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest at the City match.

Neal

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you explain how a chant wanting a manager out of your club is 'childish'?

You disagreed with the march, the chants, the sit in, the banners, how learned one, can we show our displeasure?

Well, the chant started when we were two nil down to top of the table.....toys out of the pram "Kean out Kean out" I could understand if we were playing Norwich; but we weren't. We were playing City.

Show it AFTER a MEANINGFUL defeat. Simple.

"we're losing to Chelsea??? KEAN OUT KEAN OUT!!"

Well, the chant started when we were two nil down to top of the table.....toys out of the pram "Kean out Kean out" I could understand if we were playing Norwich; but we weren't. We were playing City.

Yes you're right. There's been no meaningful defeats under Kean.

I was explaining why IMO his record up to now is so poor.

Well at least you admit this much!

And his comments about champions league football?

His comments today that maybe the fans are not happy at being bottom of the league?

He is on another planet!

Well it actually started at Newcastle the week before.

Back to qualifying for Europe again in four years' time today folks.

Daft Venky's- if they'd left Sam in place and let him do the January shopping, there was a chance we could have done that last season.

any link?

Super_Arran, I just can't see your point of view. Kean's record, his lies, his attempts to worm his way out of a driving ban, the complete lack of organisation in the defence, the deluded statements, the increasingly low morale of the squad all show he is incapable of success of any kind as manager. You say it was childish to boo him, hold banners and so on, but how else can we show that 99% of fans being happy with him is a load of balls? E-mails to the owners? I have sent at least 5 e-mails to the owners saying he is the wrong man as our results show. Others have too, and we have been completely ignored until now. So 6 wins in 28 games or whatever it is the sign of progress? Yes, we were going to get beaten by Man City, but were we going to be shat on by Newcastle, Everton or Wolves? What about our plummet towards relegation last season? Was that all 'bad luck' or whatever? Oh sorry, all the losses and the dropped points, relegation fears were made up for as we beat Liverpool and drew with Arsenal.

So it's only childish if it's not a "meaningful" defeat? Is it OK to have banners with "Kean Out" after a "meaningful" deafeat, or is that still childish, whatever?

Did you say something before about only judging Kean in the moment, and ignoring the past? I think you did, it would certainly explain why you seem to believe that the vast majority of Rovers fans are showing an unthinking herd mentality in wanting Kean out just because we lost to Man City. When what it actually is is the cumulative effect of 9 months of shocking mismanagement. Everyone can plainly see from the transfers, the tactics, the lack of flexibility, the lack of intervention in games, the poor early second half performances, the nonsensical deranged excuses every week, that Steve Kean is just not up to the job.

Anyone who thinks otherwise just hasn't been paying attention.

Making banners is apparently "incredibly sad" and I "need to get a life" because they "won't make any difference", I'm 'wasting my time' and it's "childish".

I see it totally different, to me making flags/banners is a hobby. I've designed and made these myself.

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

Do they make much of a difference to the atmosphere probably not but I'm not gonna stop making them but how can it possibly be a waste of my time when I enjoy making flags and banners? Two things in my life I feel passionately about is Art and Rovers, making flags and banners relating to Rovers means a lot to me and I have something to show for my efforts. I don't really care what you think because I see it as time well spent. KEAN OUT

Excellent stuff. Do you bring them inno the DE for games? I've always thought that area of the ground should be awash with banners and flags.

super_arran always seems to bring out the 'you are just childish, stamping your feet, I WANT IT NOW' digs when he is completely at odds with everyone else.

Just when are you going to stop cheering on that dead horse Arran?

How do you define meaningful defeat? Under Kean there's plenty to choose from.

Regarding your earlier post you seem to be under the belief that this is going to be turned around. You can't seriously believe that, I'm convinced you are on the wind up.

Excellent stuff. Do you bring them inno the DE for games? I've always thought that area of the ground should be awash with banners and flags.

super_arran always seems to bring out the 'you are just childish, stamping your feet, I WANT IT NOW' digs when he is completely at odds with everyone else.

Yep, I brought them to the Arsenal game but my mate forgot the pegs to hang them up. The club have kindly put a wire running down the side panel so we can hang up flags in the corner. Two of the three should be on display at the Spurs game, I'm still working on the Pride of Lancashire one. I made this too, I'd almost forgot about this one.

Flag1.jpg

Yep, I brought them to the Arsenal game but my mate forgot the pegs to hang them up. The club have kindly put a wire running down the side panel so we can hang up flags in the corner. Two of the three should be on display at the Spurs game, I'm still working on the Pride of Lancashire one. I made this too, I'd almost forgot about this one.

Flag1.jpg

Oops, that'll be me then :lol:

They'll be there for the Spurs game... along with a flag of my own. Getting a good collection of them now!

Making banners is apparently "incredibly sad" and I "need to get a life" because they "won't make any difference", I'm 'wasting my time' and it's "childish".

I see it totally different, to me making flags/banners is a hobby. I've designed and made these myself.

Really cool! Do you sell some of the flags you make?! :P

Been through this about 7 times.

Bad move by Venkys sacking Sam when they did: Team morale went down and form suffered because of this.

Appointed Kean as Manager: team morale still down, form suffers.

Kean changes style of play (IMO too quickly): Team takes time to adapt. Form suffers.

Towards end of last season, form picks up, we survive.

Start of this season: has seen us play some nice football, signings bedding in nicely.

Unlucky with a few results this season and turned over by a few others.

That is what I think of his record.

"signings bedded in nicely"? Who? (

Dann excepted-and no coincidence because he's the only one we paid a decent fee for.)

I agree with others------you're on a wind-up.

and you know what arran? you sound like a stuck record.

oh yes, we play some wonderful football, then again when do we get the ball?

yes his signings have really settled in...on the bench

team moral being down is big sam's fault for getting sacked, couldnt possibly be anything to do with kean's incompetence

unlucky with a few results? when? maybe 1? everton.

form picked up did it? a few draws and a lucky win? and we survived a mess that baldy got us into.

clearly you drink the same stuff that kean drinks.

How many meaningful defeats before we can call for a replacement for the worst manager in our premier league history? Seriously Arran you're now starting to sound like someone who is going to defend this imposter to his grave :wacko:

makes me laugh posters like him, either he is an attention seeker or he works for the venkys.

and to say losing 4-0 at HOME is not a meaningful defeat is laughable, by your reckoning we may as well have not bothered to turn up as it didnt matter we got beat, seriously you need some form of help

IMAG0107.jpg

Love this one! I would actually buy that

It wasnt because we lost I was angry, far from it. The biggest thing that got up my nose was, Kean never stepped foot into his technical area. He took a few steps towards it then retreated.

You watch any manager, they will always be giving the players orders on what to do, hell im more vocal and active when playing fm.

Not only that, but he plays players out of position, Goodwillie on the rigjt wing, Rochina on the wing/center mid, both are strikers. Oh and lets not forget he made 1 sub the entire match, on a hot day, losing 4-0. A situaltion where you HAVE to attack and go all out.

And the above is from last week.

He lets players leave on a feee when they are in contract, Emerton, Goulon is also allowed to leave.

Players stand off and are afraid to put a foot in, more than under Sam. This pretty football is non existant, one of the worst pass completion in the league.

And dont get me started on his comments to the press. "Its not all about results" sorry steve, but in sport it is all about winning, and if your mummy said its taking part that counts, sorry but she is wrong

It wasnt because we lost I was angry, far from it. The biggest thing that got up my nose was, Kean never stepped foot into his technical area. He took a few steps towards it then retreated.

To be fair to him - I'm sure he entered it once in the first half, and was roundly booed, so decided to stay out of it for the rest of the game.

Archived