BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Plan

To quote the A-team "I love it when a plan comes together" http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/venkys-owners-will-come-up-with-a-plan? with this quote in mind and the apparent cluelessness of Venky's to manage anything other than chickens what should be in this plan.

I predict a million sack Keans but aside from the obvious what is their plan likely to involve??? I'm sure they could do with some suggestions!!!

If they aren't sacking Kean - get in a decent,experienced number 2 - and possibly an experienced defensive coach. They could bring in a DOF - but I have never really been convinced by them - possibly better to get in a Chief Executive working from England and empowered to pull through "the vision"

Beyond that - and the obvious sack Kean and hire MON or Hughes - can't see what else they can do at this stage of the season.

One important point - please listen to what the fans visiting Pune have to say.

I expect that their plan will be to ask Jerome "What is the best thing for us to do?" unfortunately that'll be the best thing for Venkys and Jerome and not Blackburn Rovers FC.

eventually what's best for venkys is going to have to be more points... it can only go so far with kean, we lose a few more and they'll realise, I hope!

To be honest, short of immediate sacking of Kean the 'plan' is largely what the fans want. It will certianly be setting out a points target in a time frame which means Venky's are coming round to the idea of sacking him.

Personally a big part of me prefers this to an immediate sacking as it means - hopefully, please God hopefully! - that Venkys will actually start considering realistically who they can bring in and put feelers out. Worst case scenario for me is sacking Kean (from the boards perspective as they have not thought it through) in a knee jerk fashion and bringing in someone totally totally ridiculous.

Just as important as sacking Kean is finding a quality replacement. I have not been convinced at all before that this has really been considered. Hopefully it now is.

It is heartening to see that this weekend Annie, Bazza and little Venky Venky are going to sit down and 'have a long, long chat and come out with some plan of action' which will lead to improved results. If 'appointing a proper manager' is to be rejected on the grounds of being too obvious then I would propose more dew on the grass!

I think targets need to be set, if the players aren't meeting them then they need to be reprimanded. If the manager isnt meeting them, then he needs to be sacked.

At the moment it feels like there's no clear strategy in place. There needs to be some sort of standard in place, and if it's not being met then appropriate action should be taken.

Great they're going to have a long, long chat and a very big discussion this weekend. I'm so pleased all my concerns have suddenly disappeared. Everything will be OK.

VENKYS OUT

Great they're going to have a long, long chat and a very big discussion this weekend. I'm so pleased all my concerns have suddenly disappeared. Everything will be OK.

VENKYS OUT

I was when i got to the words "Believe me" that i stoppped reading. Never trust a guy who asks you to trust him, believe him etc - they are usually telling the biggest lies imaginable

Venkys plan .......sell the best players for as much as they can ie jones and niko, then make it look like they are spending a few bob whilst pocketing 7 m , then get relegated and pocket the parachute wonga and then sell everything and everyone and then just leave!

In my opinion!

Oh and by the venky way YOU are not my family V!

Venkys plan .......sell the best players for as much as they can ie jones and niko, then make it look like they are spending a few bob whilst pocketing 7 m , then get relegated and pocket the parachute wonga and then sell everything and everyone and then just leave!

In my opinion!

Oh and by the venky way YOU are not my family V!

I've been thinking something very similar to you Abs, except I think the relegation step comes earlier in the 'plan' - that'll let em sell Samba, Robbo et al and claim 'well what else could we do'. It's the only way I can make events of the last few months to make any sort of sense.

If they aren't sacking Kean - get in a decent,experienced number 2 - and possibly an experienced defensive coach. They could bring in a DOF - but I have never really been convinced by them - possibly better to get in a Chief Executive working from England and empowered to pull through "the vision"

Beyond that - and the obvious sack Kean and hire MON or Hughes - can't see what else they can do at this stage of the season.

One important point - please listen to what the fans visiting Pune have to say.

Listening to the pre-Pune podcast, it sounded as those going out there weren't too hopeful of much opportunity for dialogue with the owners on the subject of the manager's future.

Hope I've got it wrong but it sounded to me as though their presence there was simply going to be another part of the whole PR exercise for Venky's, which this trip appears to be.

Steve Kean is the quisling of Ewood.This guy is a two-faced drunk who is doing the bidding of this masters.

Sod all this talk about what to do in a protest,i'm going down the illegal route.Nothing to lose as i dont give a flying (Please don't use that word again) about being banned.

It's a shame that Venkys appear not to have had any PLAN when they bought Rovers.

IMO the Indians will formalise Kean's current position and give him the job title of: Chairman, CEO and Manager or 'The Dogs ######'' for short. These positions will be hereditary.

We are all living in Ewood Asylum where Kean is the Warden and Venkys have the keys.

There's a plan???

Didn't think we'd had one since they took over.

One fear is that they'll wait till we're stuffed then sack Kean, and then when the new person can't turn it around, they'll use Kean as the scapegoat. Whilst a rather nice irony it wouldn' be of much use to Rovers.

There's a plan???

Didn't think we'd had one since they took over.

One fear is that they'll wait till we're stuffed then sack Kean, and then when the new person can't turn it around, they'll use Kean as the scapegoat. Whilst a rather nice irony it wouldn' be of much use to Rovers.

One week ago, it was reported that Venkys were going to sit and have a long chat and come out with some 'plan of action'. Do we know if the chat took place and, if so, whether they did come up with such a plan ? Venky Venky said he had spoken to Kean and that 'we are working on our weak points'. As this was said following the 'Kean Out' protests at the Man City game then, presumably, this referred to football matters and not just how to push more dead chickens. Do we know what the 'plan of action' is ?

Archived