BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walter Smith

i suppose smith could advice kean on how to avoid relegation because thats all he ever did when he was at everton.

i thought he was heading towards relegation so he got sacked and moyes brought in.

If this is happening boy are we getting screwed royally

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget under Smith in the early '90s Rangers were the biggest spending club in Britain and I can't remember Everton finishing in the top half at all under him. Kean needs to go but Smith isn't the answer.

You may be right, Keans glaring ineptitude may blind me slightly.

I found these comments about Walter Smiths third and final season at Everton on the www.toffeweb.com website.

1. He could not decide on a formation and basic system of playing.

2. He failed to play most of the players in their best position.

3. He could not ensure that each player understood the team plan and his particular role within it.

4. He was blatantly incapable of getting the players fit.

Do they sound familiar.

Under Smith their best position was 13th and his PL record was

P143 W41 L60 D42 F173 A190 Pts165 Win ratio 28.7%

Not the answer to our problems

Has a Director of Football ever worked in England? Not to my knowledge, so why are Venkys doing it? Oh yes, because they're idiots. No doubt it'll improvement the current situation slightly because any power taken away from Kean is a good thing but I think it'll make the managerial post even less appetising to potential new managers. Not only do they have the meddlesome owners from hell to contend with, they'd now have a DoF as well!

I found these comments about Walter Smiths third and final season at Everton on the www.toffeweb.com website.

1. He could not decide on a formation and basic system of playing.

2. He failed to play most of the players in their best position.

3. He could not ensure that each player understood the team plan and his particular role within it.

4. He was blatantly incapable of getting the players fit.

Do they sound familiar.

Under Smith their best position was 13th and his PL record was

P143 W41 L60 D42 F173 A190 Pts165 Win ratio 28.7%

Not the answer to our problems

Sounds like he'll fit in nicely then. How anyone can be appeased by hiring a retired manager who spent most of his career in the pub league is beyond me. If this does happen and it dampens the protests,( which is clearly the aim), I'd be very disappointed.

T4E - you seem a big fan of his....what makes you think he would be good for us?

I just want Kean out first, forget any appointments until he is binned!

Forgetting the fact that he won 7 titles in a row in his first spell at Rangers, on his return he took over a team that had absolutely no money in a league Celtic had won the last 3 in a row. He led Rangers to three titles in a row themselves, 5 cups and a UEFA Cup final in 3 seasons. The job he did the second time around was incredible. He's brought on some excellent young players and got fantastic performances out of some really average ones. He's absolutely perfect for Rovers in the position we're in, preferably as manager.

By the way, his time at Everton was not clear cut - they had racked up huge debts and he had players sold without his consent.

For the record he did a fantastic job with Scotland too.

Forgetting the fact that he won 7 titles in a row in his first spell at Rangers, on his return he took over a team that had absolutely no money in a league Celtic had won the last 3 in a row. He led Rangers to three titles in a row themselves, 5 cups and a UEFA Cup final in 3 seasons. The job he did the second time around was incredible. He's brought on some excellent young players and got fantastic performances out of some really average ones. He's absolutely perfect for Rovers in the position we're in, preferably as manager.

By the way, his time at Everton was not clear cut - they had racked up huge debts and he had players sold without his consent.

For the record he did a fantastic job with Scotland too.

I would agree with that 100% but my information for what it is worth is this and this comes from an ex Scottish pro footballer, If, Walter Smith came to Rovers it would be short term, I am told he wanted out of the rat race at Rangers and my contact feels he wont want to commit long term, thats as he told me, he could be wrong but he has exceptional contacts in Scotland and is trying to find out more regarding Rovers/Smith.

I would agree with that 100% but my information for what it is worth is this and this comes from an ex Scottish pro footballer, If, Walter Smith came to Rovers it would be short term, I am told he wanted out of the rat race at Rangers and my contact feels he wont want to commit long term.

That would probably fit then. Sounds like he'd be reasonably happy to sit back and let kean carry on - Don't like the sound of it one bit.

how likely is it Smith will accept his offer???

Big Question is, Will Kean Be Here after the spurs game??? i serious hope not. Kean has to go!!! SIMPLE AS!!!

Only Blackburn can answer that,I am in tears guys the damaged has been done to this family club we loved to bits and smith will end up saying yes to the offer as he will want to make some money.

I hate to say this one fan wrote to the club and I was told that a fan said he will end up shooting kean we dont want to see this happened some rovers fans do need to be carefully what there saying.

Smith did wonders for both Scotland and Rangers. It isn't that long ago the Gers were in the Uefa Cup final and he took Scotland up 70 places in the rankings. He did alright with Everton at the time, although it wasn't a career highlight that is for sure.

Smith might not be a dream signing but, compared to Kean, at least he is an actual manager.

Only Blackburn can answer that,I am in tears guys the damaged has been done to this family club we loved to bits and smith will end up saying yes to the offer as he will want to make some money.

if Walter Smith come in, then we are a total joke of a club.

if Kean needs help then, surely he isn't up to the job and should be removed from the manager position ASAP!!!

if Walter Smith come in, then we are a total joke of a club.

if Kean needs help then, surely he isn't up to the job and should be removed from the manager position ASAP!!!

Steve Keans ring fence himself here at Rovers. Oh dear !

Gotta say its a smart move by Kean.

Archived