BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walter Smith

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swearing always sounds better with a Scottish accent! :rolleyes:

If the Walter Smith story was true and on the brink of happening, why have no newspapers or websites picked up the story?

The move not all done as yet and Walter Smith has gone away thinking about this offer or he got seconds thoughts and looking for kean manager job who knows,I know we made a offer and Blackburn Lancashire are not putting the news up in case there spill the beans.

The move not all done as yet and Walter Smith has gone away thinking about this offer or he got seconds thoughts and looking for kean manager job who knows,I know we made a offer and Blackburn Lancashire are not putting the news up in case there spill the beans.

This reads like a Chinese menu.

It reads like Dinglespeak if u ask me !

The ability to use possessives in the English language could be a problem for those who do not understand the dynamics of ownership.

But as far as I was aware I thought people who used "demon boxes" or computers to us, were still burned at the stake for practicing witchcraft in that fine town.

I will not get my hopes up about Smith quite yet.

I like the look of Walter in that video and hope this comes off he will revise that opinion of Kean being highly rated and will never fall for that crap about dew on the grass or % of times in opposition's box would love to see him tell Kean/Venkys to keep their traps shut!.

I've told the Evertonians I work with about the Walter Smith runour and all responding by laughing. Loudly. One even rang his mate who also laughed! To say that they do not look back fondly on his time in charge is a massive understatement and I have to say that his appointment would not fill me with any confidence that things will greatly improve (I say greatly as nearly anyone could do better than Keane at the moment).

I hope I'm wrong as God knows we need a fresh impetus and for something to happen but this appointment isn't going to do enough. I'm not daft enough to imagine we will get a top drawer manager but I'd prefer one who had some level of experience / success outside of managing one of the big two in Scotland.

If Kean isn't going to be sacked anytime soon (which seems likely), it's an absolute no-brainer to bring Smith in.

Is it? Gotta say I'm a bit baffled by the swelling support for this guy. Whats he coming in as?

Director of Football - Bad idea because its a nonsense position that gets in the way of the manager.

Manager - Hmm, good at Rangers and not good at Everton.

If we're desperate I suppose but I'd like us to try a few other names before turning to him.

As things stand from what I am picking up this lunchtime, Kean is staying and Director of Football ppointment is looking unlikely.

Kean likely to get two or three more to prove he is worse than useless or get lucky.

Kean was saying Clement is his appointment so to think they would have only 1-2 matches together would seem pretty strange. You would think the appointment of Clement surely means they intend Kean a few more matches to prove himself.

I am starting to become delirious over all this - reminds me of the later Ince days.

The director of football issue is quite intriguing, Rovers are exploring it, but getting someone to commit to the role which is on offer (Job by name not by action) is proving a mine field. Replacing Kean is something the Rao's seem reluctant to do (I wonder why???)

However to chuck another spanner in the works they have not exstinguished all hope of appointing a double act dream team, whilst there number one objective is to keep Kean employed in some capacity (I wonder why?)

TBH I don't think they have a clue what they are doing and when you have a board room littered with individuals trying to trip each other up, and make each others job as difficult as possible, there is no wonder our clubs future is looking bleak.

Managers like Ancelloti/Wilkins double acts are not going to join a circus, but they may just join a football club if the football club can match their ambitions, Meaning : A long term plan which is true and not one which is cheap words whilst your looking for the nearest exit

The director of football issue is quite intriguing, Rovers are exploring it, but getting someone to commit to the role which is on offer (Job by name not by action) is proving a mine field. Replacing Kean is something the Rao's seem reluctant to do (I wonder why???)

However to chuck another spanner in the works they have not exstinguished all hope of appointing a double act dream team, whilst there number one objective is to keep Kean employed in some capacity (I wonder why?)TBH I don't think they have a clue what they are doing and when you have a board room littered with individuals trying to trip each other up, and make each others job as difficult as possible, there is no wonder our clubs future is looking bleak.

Managers like Ancelloti/Wilkins double acts are not going to join a circus, but they may just join a football club if the football club can match their ambitions, Meaning : A long term plan which is true and not one which is cheap words whilst your looking for the nearest exit

The smug bugger possibly has some comprimising pictures up his sleeve or has been privvy to some very very sensitive information regarding the take over process.

Just my humble opinion of course.

This Walter Smith rumour is interesting to say the least.

If this is a top-down move from Venky's then at least it is an admittance that Kean is out of his depth and needs help from an experienced, proven manager. However it also shows us that they still have no intention of sacking the clown and I would like to think we could aim higher than a man whose only time in English football ended in failure at Everton and who is probably looking at retirement and a final pay-day rather than getting to grips with frontline Premier League management. It would suit Venky's and Kean no end because they would be virtually maintaining the status quo with Kean as boss and Smith working under his and Venky's control.

If this is a move instigated by Kean himself then I suppose we can breathe a sigh of relief that he is not completely in cloud cuckoo land, and he does realise that some change needs to be made. Yet the arrival of Clement and possibly Smith simply strengthens Kean's position and does not remove the fundamental problem which is Kean himself.

Having said that any change must be good news, but for Kean to remain makes me feel sick. I want him out and to see him wriggling his way out of trouble time and time again shows him for the cockroach he is. Why can't he just be a man and do the decent, honourable thing and hold his hands up and resign? What a parasite he is.

Do tell please as I would love to know.

Probably because Kean represents whatever alleged unoffical stake in the club Anderson/Kentaro probably have and to remove alleged unofficial stake and Kean would cost millions Venkys dont have. Just my opinion like.

I have heard that Kean's maintained employment is in relation to him telling the owners that no amount of money will get him to sign a confidentiality agreement if fired. I've also heard that there are a number of things that the owners don't want anyone to know about.

This is rumour that I have heard and before I get spammed....I have no clue what they want to keep hidden.

Archived