BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walter Smith

You could still post and say 'iv heard' and I 'dont know if its true'.

No point posting the above otherwise! Not in such desperate times....you never know your 'dont know if its true' post could upset even more fans and get them to kick off on Sunday when the owners are in town to witness it all. :unsure:

Definitely. It's what the word allegedly was invented for.

I would certainly be interested to hear it as its getting beyond a joke.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is 1 proper random rumour. Has this been in any papers with Walter smith being linked or websites?

There is an article in the Daily Mirror written by David Anderson about rovers looking to appoint a DoF to help Kean.

I have posted the link twice now. Once last night and once this morning, please look through the previous pages to see the link!!!!!!

As much as I would like us to approach Sparky, I can't see why we would have approached him regarding potential DOF role. Everyone knows he likes working with his own staff plus he delegates a lot to them. MON is similar unless he has massively changed - as stated, would be insulting even mentioning the idea to them.

Just a quick hello to Kamy good to see you back hope you recovered from the flu. Chaddy from reading the last 2 pages & all comments my understanding of this is yes they probably know Kean is a poor manager and their are likely to be many people at boardroom level frustrated with what's going on and people want him out,even we knew towards the end of last year results against Blackpool at home half way through last season confirmed this. However with what Kamy is stating they are unable to sack him due to dirt coco the clown has on them this is just rumour & is not proved I have to say if true we really are in poo. Kamy it begs another major question I hate to even bring this up it was speculated before does this creep Jerome Anderson have some sort of stake in our beloved club?.Could this be one of the reasons Kean is so bulletproof?. Also to be even so daft to ask Sparky,O'Neill, Ancelloti to work with coco is incredibly naieve any manager will make firing Kean as a proviso to them even considering the job I hate to say it this job is fast turning into the poisoned chalice. Hughesy you also have to remember Kamy is in a position where if he breaks confidences the club will cut off all contact to him so he needs to be careful what he says he is just stating to keep people informed there is something not right at the club but can't divulge he is just keeping people informed I really feel for him being put in an impossible position we just have to trust him and hope this ends well.

The real story is WHY are the owners going to such lengths to keep him employed?

poss cos hes part of the conspiracy ?? and they have an hidden agenda ?? the plot is thickening...even a 5 year old can see Kean needs to go simple as , end of..

KEAN OUT VENKYS OUT

Wow we have some doomsday people on here. Try another angle. The owners may not want to sack kean due to the likely destabilisiing effect it would have on the club. We are already in a state of dissarray and to create more would be silly. I am sure the owners are looking at all the angles and trying their best to ensure that we improve.

I am led to believe that Hughes will not be invited back due to a clash with his agent. I am certain that Anderson is not the baddy that some would have us believe and that to suggest otherwise is folly.

Let's us all just take a step back and wait to see what happens. We all still await the result of the visit to Pune by the 2 Ian's. Nothing further there it seems so maybe there are things afoot.

Just a quick hello to Kamy good to see you back hope you recovered from the flu.

Chaddy from reading the last 2 pages & all comments my understanding of this is yes they probably know Kean is a poor manager and their are likely to be many people at boardroom level frustrated with what's going on and people want him out,

even we knew towards the end of last year results against Blackpool at home half way through last season confirmed this.

However with what Kamy is stating they are unable to sack him due to dirt coco the clown has on them this is just rumour & is not proved I have to say if true we really are in poo.

Kamy it begs another major question

I hate to even bring this up it was speculated before does this creep Jerome Anderson have some sort of stake in our beloved club?.Could this be one of the reasons Kean is so bulletproof?.

Also to be even so daft to ask Sparky,O'Neill, Ancelloti to work with coco is incredibly naieve any manager will make firing Kean as a proviso to them even considering the job

I hate to say it this job is fast turning into the poisoned chalice.

You do write some cracking posts at times Brfcrule1 but I struggle to read the longer ones.

I'm begging you, please use the "enter" key and put some lines between the points you are trying to make. It makes such a difference...

:tu:

You could still post and say 'iv heard' and I 'dont know if its true'.

No point posting the above otherwise! Not in such desperate times....you never know your 'dont know if its true' post could upset even more fans and get them to kick off on Sunday when the owners are in town to witness it all. :unsure:

It's about time the owners witnessed what their shambolic mismanagement has produced. Let's be honest here, Venky's are every bit as much to blame for this crisis as Kean. If they had appointed an established management team in the first place we wouldn't be where we are. In calling for Kean to be sacked we are really saying that we have no confidence in the appointment that Venky's made last December. I think Venky's will witness on Sunday that large numbers of fans will be calling their judgement into question by calling for the manager to be sacked. It'll be interesting to see how their PR machine puts a positive spin on it all.

There is an article in the Daily Mirror written by David Anderson about rovers looking to appoint a DoF to help Kean.

I have posted the link twice now. Once last night and once this morning, please look through the previous pages to see the link!!!!!!

I think the problem is that it has as much substance and credibility as Keans' managerial acumen.

Wow we have some doomsday people on here. Try another angle. The owners may not want to sack kean due to the likely destabilisiing effect it would have on the club. We are already in a state of dissarray and to create more would be silly. I am sure the owners are looking at all the angles and trying their best to ensure that we improve.

I am led to believe that Hughes will not be invited back due to a clash with his agent. I am certain that Anderson is not the baddy that some would have us believe and that to suggest otherwise is folly.

Let's us all just take a step back and wait to see what happens. We all still await the result of the visit to Pune by the 2 Ian's. Nothing further there it seems so maybe there are things afoot.

Lol..how much further are we goin to destabilized ?....wake up and smell the coffee

The latest rumour that I have heard (and I don't know if it is true yet) is that both Hughes and O'Neil representatives were approached by Rovers representatives during the international break, they were asked if either of them were interested in joining Rovers as Director of Football, with Kean being made Head Coach. Both of them turned this down, if they were to even consider Rovers it would ONLY be as manager.

I am not sure about the Walter Smith story, his representatives are adament that there have been no talks with Rovers, but if the above rumour is true then a approach for Walter Smith could've been made once Messers Hughes and O'Neil had turned Rovers down.

What is starting to become abundently clear is that Steve Kean is not going to be sacked anytime soon, it seems Rovers are doing all manner of things to keep Kean employed at the club, again on face value I don't think that the protests/planned protests are having any impact on Venky's decision making process. However, it is important for those fans who want to protest to continue to do so.

From a personal point of view, I find it alarming that Steve Kean continues as manager, if he remains for another month and Rovers continue not to pick up results then relegation situation may become almost irretrievable.

Asking Hughes and O'Neill to be D.O.F sums up how stupid our owners are. Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would realize either would only come as manager. As you say, it' s becoming increasingly obvious there are reasons other than results why they are sticking with Kean. Can' t make it on Sunday as working in London but I hope the Raos and their muppet manager are given hell.

Seriously!!!???????

Chaddyrovers, I have seen and read your link, but I'm only wondering were Walter Smith's name has come from as he is not mentioned anywhere.

Asking Hughes and O'Neill to be D.O.F sums up how stupid our owners are. Anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would realize either would only come as manager. As you say, it' s becoming increasingly obvious there are reasons other than results why they are sticking with Kean. Can' t make it on Sunday as working in London but I hope the Raos and their muppet manager are given hell.

They could be really stupid and believe every rumour they hear - and start making assumptions based on those rumours !

Chaddyrovers, I have seen and read your link, but I'm only wondering were Walter Smith's name has come from as he is not mentioned anywhere.

I'm not saying WS is coming in from the article, but from the article Rovers seem keen on a DoF to be brought in to help Kean. don't know why, we need a PROPER MANAGER in NOT a DoF to help the clown :rolleyes:

Rovers_786 seems to think he the one rovers/kean want to come in as DoF. He was right about Clement was to appoint Kean's number 2 and that he took training the day before the announcement was done that Clement was number 2

Why won't Venky's sack Kean?

Lets take a quick look:

Kean is on the books of an agency headed by a Jerome Anderson. This is the same Jerome Anderson who holds massive influence in Asian TV rights deals through his company, particularly in Asia. The Walker Trust are desperate to flog the club asap so Anderson uses his contacts in the Indian sporting arena to find potential buyers, hence why all those linked to the takeover last year were from India - Saurin Shah, Ahsan Ali Syed & Venky's.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that Kean could quite plausibly have taken an active role with his pal Jerome Anderson in finding somebody to buy the club and that part of the 'arrangement' would be that Kean was to be appointed manager at the earliest opportunity. Especially when Venky's retained Anderson's services as an 'advisor' in the months following the takeover.

Don't tell me that Jerome Anderson is no longer involved with the club because he was in India last week meeting Venky's and his son is still inexplicably taking up a precious place in our 25 man squad.

Even if Venky's were to sack Kean today I would have no faith whatsoever in their ability to bring in a suitable replacement. They have no idea what they are doing, like I would have no idea how to run one of their chicken factories. Their stubborn refusal to listen to those who know best or appoint somebody with a footballing brain will see this club relegated.

I don't care about how nice a guy Balaji is or how many books he has read about the club. I don't care about what he might or might not have told the 'Pune 9'. Lets remember these people backtracked on their statements within 3 weeks of the takeover by sacking Allardyce so I don't think its beyond them to feed some members of the Fans Forum a load of rubbish.

More fool you if you believe a word they say with their track record of lying to supporters.

Why won't Venky's sack Kean?

Lets take a quick look:

Kean is on the books of an agency headed by a Jerome Anderson. This is the same Jerome Anderson who holds massive influence in Asian TV rights deals through his company, particularly in Asia. The Walker Trust are desperate to flog the club asap so Anderson uses his contacts in the Indian sporting arena to find potential buyers, hence why all those linked to the takeover last year were from India - Saurin Shah, Ahsan Ali Syed & Venky's.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that Kean could quite plausibly have taken an active role with his pal Jerome Anderson in finding somebody to buy the club and that part of the 'arrangement' would be that Kean was to be appointed manager at the earliest opportunity. Especially when Venky's retained Anderson's services as an 'advisor' in the months following the takeover.

Don't tell me that Jerome Anderson is no longer involved with the club because he was in India last week meeting Venky's and his son is still inexplicably taking up a precious place in our 25 man squad.

Even if Venky's were to sack Kean today I would have no faith whatsoever in their ability to bring in a suitable replacement. They have no idea what they are doing, like I would have no idea how to run one of their chicken factories. Their stubborn refusal to listen to those who know best or appoint somebody with a footballing brain will see this club relegated.

I don't care about how nice a guy Balaji is or how many books he has read about the club. I don't care about what he might or might not have told the 'Pune 9'. Lets remember these people backtracked on their statements within 3 weeks of the takeover by sacking Allardyce so I don't think its beyond them to feed some members of the Fans Forum a load of rubbish.

More fool you if you believe a word they say with their track record of lying to supporters.

Top and true post ,well done loved that mate.

Archived