BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean: Handling the pressure

Steve Kean: Handling the pressure

Kean certainly has some predicament on his hands at Ewood Park – Rovers are bottom of the Premier League, they face Newcastle United in a Carling Cup tie tonight and he is the 10-11 favourite to be the first top-flight manager to lose his job. A sizeable portion of Rovers fans believe he was not the right man to succeed Sam Allardyce and feel his appointment by Venky's, the club's new Indian owners, was bizarre and have not been shy in letting Kean hear their anger.

In truth, the group of protesters has been dwindling. On Sunday they barely mustered 500, where they once talked of a couple of thousand. The banners may have got bigger, but the numbers are falling as signs of improvement grow.

Speechless.

I'm not. I'm just even more angry. There may not have been many on the march - I don't know as I couldn't make it myself, because of church committments. However, I stayed afterwards, and although there were still not the thousands and thousands I hoped for, there were more than the previous time, not fewer.

It was still much larger, not a sign of dwindling support.

I am getting bloody sick of these soft focus profile pieces on Kean. 'violins out, had to retire early as a player', 'persucuted by a minority of lunatics, the real fans get behind their team'.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Almost got sick halfway through it. He can't seem to realize he isn't Rovers. Kean does not equal Rovers. Don't tell me I should get behind you, support you. You've done nothing worth my support. Dragging us into a fight for survival on the last Sunday, lying to fans about everything from contracts to drunk driving, the worst Rovers PL record, the constant spewing of filth in the media; the list goes on and on. If anyone at Ewood had any sense they'd stop talking for a week and maybe come up with some tactics in the final third because i'm getting sick of the same old excuses week after week after week.

For a while I was thinking "Man, The Venkys group have really made a mess of this acquisition but they're skilled business people they'll come around soon." Then they didn't. Then the Pune trip happened and the 9 came back saying they were able to get some points across to the people in the highest of places. "Finally," I thought, "They're listening to us and they're going to be at the games, take some advisement from people close to the club game, sort things out." Yet again, no. In a few more weeks I'm afraid I'll have to shift my view from Kean Out to Venky's out, because they're dragging everyone down for the drop.

Listening to talksport on my way in this morning. (First mistake).

Today's resident journo BLAMED THE FANS for the current situation. Apparently the players are scared to cross the white line and Kean would have done much better in had the fans got behind him over the last two months.

Funny, I don't remember the same comments about Liverpool fans and Hodgson!

Unbelievable Jeff!

Finally proof that Kean thinks protesters are NOT supporters of Rovers: ''I'm a firm believer that a supporter is a supporter of a club through and through. Thick and thin.''

Kean says: "We need them to be backing us and getting behind the lads, getting behind me, getting behind the owners, because I believe we all want the same thing. The owners have been quite strong in the direction they want to take the club. They've backed me and the plan we've put in place so we just need everybody to be supportive of what we're trying to do and let's get us back up the table where we want to be."

Kean mentions always vague references to the PLAN or VISION or DIRECTION in almost every interview he gives - If they clearly explained what they actually are it would help and might even allay some of our fears. How can we be fully supportive when we do not know what Kean & the Raos are up to.

Wrong thread but the more I hear of Mrs. D. the more I like the cats a**.

As I wrote on the article:

"What a mis-informed article. The police put in their report 800-1000 protest prior to the game. And after there was more than 500 and definitely more than the previous sit in. Not sure why the press feel it necessary to back this clown when his record speaks for itself"

It beggars belief in all honesty. Why can't the press just accept he is not the right man for the job?

To be honest I can see how to any outsider he is getting away with it, Media Coverage on the protest has been so so and glossed over because during the matches everybody is getting behind the team and only on a couple of occasions has there been any dissent during 90 minutes, so it's easy for anybody who sees the full matches or just highlights on the various football programmes in the UK and worldwide to assume that it is only a small minority that are unhappy.

My father in law popped round the other day and said " Why aren't your lot giving the manager stick " He watches the live game coverage over here , I tried to explain that many feel that during the matches people think it's better to get behind the players so as not to affect their performances, he just laughed and said " oh poor little darlings lets hope they show the same level of commitment to the supporters by not leaving when you get relegated, they will be off in a shot"

I thought about this and this is probably why Mrs D and the rest of Venkys the majority back him, because during matches everything looks rosey despite the team being rock bottom. Just a thought

Guest Rovers4Good

He's handling it really well. lol

He just palms it off all the time but he fails to see that the numbers are growing day by day and don't think even if he gets a couple of wins that i'll change my mind on him.

He should have been a politician the way he spins questions. lol

When we are relegated in May, Kean, the owners and everyone is going to slam the fans and blaming us, because we didnt support them....

Kean gets payed to do his job.

The players gets payed MASSIVE amounts of cash, that they surely dont deserve (no footballer deserved the amounts they get in modern football)

And they are NOT doing what they are paid to do ATM. So how can you blame dissapointed supporters????

I cant believe it :P

If that's as nice as the press are going to be about Kean then we shouldn't be too bothered. At no point does it actually back him up as being a good manager.

Listened to the Guardian football weekly on Monday and they actually made a point about how the Blackburn fans WERE supporting the team during the game and leaving the protests to before and after. This point was made after discussing whether Wolves fans had been disrespectful to their players and manager after they went 2-0 down to Swansea....

There's definitely a friend of Kean's at work in the media but I think more than anything now his time is pretty much up.

"We've now lost Michel Salgado, and Vince Grella has been out for a while. These are guys with vast experience and they are important when you have such a young team. That's not an excuse, that's just a fact"

Yes Kean we are really missing our our worse player and the player who has never ever been fit.

Insane Deluded Nutter.

The media back kean so we are relegated! Them and the FA have never liked us and would love to get rid of Wigan, rovers, Bolton and replaced with west ham, Southampton and notts forest!

Joke!

I heard Henry Winter a few weeks ago on the terrible program Sunday supplement. He mentioned the current plight and was quickly talked over by the other journalists as they moved on to another crisis at Arsenal.....

Makes you wonder doesn't it.

'I'm a firm believer that a supporter is a supporter of a club through and through. Thick and thin'

We've been through thick and thin before, but always the club had the right intentions, to do the best for BRFC. This isn't about getting behind this club anymore, its about saving it.

Slimy backstabbing @#/?

*Famous mistakes :-

Henry Ford forgot to put a reverse gear on his first automobile.

Albert Einstein’s parents were told he might be mentally retarded.

Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team.

Napoleon finished near the bottom of his military school class.

The Beatles were turned down for a recording contract by Decca Records.

John Grisham’s first novel was rejected by sixteen agents and a dozen publishers.

Steve kean made Blackburn Rovers boss.

*Famous mistakes :-

Henry Ford forgot to put a reverse gear on his first automobile.

Albert Einstein’s parents were told he might be mentally retarded.

Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team.

Napoleon finished near the bottom of his military school class.

The Beatles were turned down for a recording contract by Decca Records.

John Grisham’s first novel was rejected by sixteen agents and a dozen publishers.

Steve kean made Blackburn Rovers boss.

Good list, but Steve Kean does not fit into it. If you follow that analogy Steve Kean will become the next Alex Ferguson, or Jose Mourinho.

---

In hindsight one can argue that all, or most, of those actions were perhaps necessary for the people in question to achieve what they did later in their careers.

What would happen if Napoleon was the best in his class?

What would happen if Michael Jordan was not cut?

Michael Jordan and Napoleon might have become more determined to reach their respective goals after doing "poorly" in the early part of their careers.

Famous mistakes, perhaps, but necessary ;)

Archived