BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean: Handling the pressure

Steve Kean: Handling the pressure

Kean certainly has some predicament on his hands at Ewood Park – Rovers are bottom of the Premier League, they face Newcastle United in a Carling Cup tie tonight and he is the 10-11 favourite to be the first top-flight manager to lose his job. A sizeable portion of Rovers fans believe he was not the right man to succeed Sam Allardyce and feel his appointment by Venky's, the club's new Indian owners, was bizarre and have not been shy in letting Kean hear their anger.

In truth, the group of protesters has been dwindling. On Sunday they barely mustered 500, where they once talked of a couple of thousand. The banners may have got bigger, but the numbers are falling as signs of improvement grow.

Spot on reply in the comments by one "Larry McCloskey".

Never has the word 'Git' been more apt

Bang on.

As a side note, has anyone noticed the amount of times he licks his lips whilst talking?

He does it with a smug grin on his face, but he is a man I really despise.

delusional, sly, lying imbecile.

Just on Radio Lancs now, he finishes his interview, oh we are so close, deserve more from games, could have won Sunday( even though we didn't have a shot on target all 2nd half!!!).

Goes back to studio, oh he has had some undeserved pressure put on by the fans are the comments.

Am I living in a parallel universe, a glass box where no one can see me or here me scream.

Beginning to think we are all paranoid, we are all Fiona end up wandering round cuckoo nest gibbering on about how we won a game once in 1995.

Just on Radio Lancs now, he finishes his interview, oh we are so close, deserve more from games, could have won Sunday( even though we didn't have a shot on target all 2nd half!!!).

Goes back to studio, oh he has had some undeserved pressure put on by the fans are the comments.

Am I living in a parallel universe, a glass box where no one can see me or here me scream.

Beginning to think we are all paranoid, we are all Fiona end up wandering round cuckoo nest gibbering on about how we won a game once in 1995.

It feels that way sometimes at the moment. If you listen to the radio, e.g. Talksport or read some of the papers, or listen to managers such as Harry Redknapp. It is all rosy in the garden apparently, what are we all so bothered about?

I am glad Henry Winter, Andy Cryer and Kamy know different though.

The number of supporters from other clubs who have shown empathy, sympathy and recognised how wrong this situation is has heartened me. People I know who have taken the mickey out of Rovers to me for years (banter/seriously), complete strangers who happen to ask who I support, they all know this is a horrendous time to be a Rovers fan. So much so the jokes have gone out of the window, haven't heard one for months.

A couple of weeks ago I was speaking to a Newcastle supporter and, as I always do when speaking to a supporter, as I said goodbye I said "Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from playing us of course". He replied "You need all the luck you can get, don't give any of it away."

The manager and owners seem hell bent on starting a war with the fans!

Clueless, absolutley clueless.

They are messing with something very dear to people, a passion and allegiance that can't be changed. There is no bend, simply break.

If they leave it much longer, I suggest they continue to stay well away from Ewood Park.

Idiots.

i will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER support this man, NEVER, not in a million years, not if i was trapped in a burning building and he was the only one who could pull me out, would i accept his help, i would rather burn to death, cant stand his face, his voice, or the ###### suits he wears, couldnt stand lookig at him at the game this evening, just wanted to run over to the dugout and give him a big slap!!!

i will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER support this man, NEVER, not in a million years, not if i was trapped in a burning building and he was the only one who could pull me out, would i accept his help, i would rather burn to death, cant stand his face, his voice, or the ###### suits he wears, couldnt stand lookig at him at the game this evening, just wanted to run over to the dugout and give him a big slap!!!

The damage is done for me with Kean, as I said previously we could win EVERY remaining game we have this season, win the three domestic competitions we are in and I still would not want him in charge of our club. His attitude towards the fans stinks, in fact scrap that the CLUBS attitue towards the fans stinks at the moment.

Where is this improvement they keep telling us about? In the first 5 games we got 4 points and in the next 5 we got 2 points. We may have been a bit unlucky yesterday but no more so than against Everton in August and some recent performances (City and Newcastle (League)) have been abject to say the least and most of the others have been error ridden and haven't been a great improvement on any of the other rubbish we have seen. Basically if we lose next week and Wolves beat Wigan we will be staring into an abyss with 3 teams getting detached at the bottom.

Spot on reply in the comments by one "Larry McCloskey".

That post from Larry is amazing. Absolutely has to be sent around to every Blackburn and/or Venky's official to read. I don't think anyone could put it any better than that.

I have no idea who Larry is but I have massive issue with some of the statements he has made. I totally agree that Kean shouldn't be in his role due to results but as I've mentioned previously by quoting percentages (99% of fans want him sacked!!! 99% of fans on a particular website maybe), conspiracy theories and references to Kean lying under oath etc. really weakens the validity of opposing fans and is exactly what you do not need to be circulating.

Results are all that matter and Kean simply isn't getting them now and hasn't consistently achieved them over 11months - there's no need to say any more than that.

Mystery solved.

David Fearnhead is pals with Kean- his mother is in fact his PA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2055128/Nick-Harris-Rangers-future-jeopardy-taxmans-49m-claim.html

And people wonder why there are conspiracy theories knocking about. Must be all those... conspiracies!

The whole situation surrounding the management of BRFC absolutely stinks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed the replies on here. It was me that wrote that reply in the comment section. I was meant to be writing about the history of decapitation in Ancient Rome but ended up writing 1000 words on why Kean is awful instead. The words flowed much more freely once I got started on a Kean rant. Glad you guys enjoyed!

Archived