BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

Mercer

Even if Kean stays and we stay-up, would have thought likely to move on. Already, we are being linked with different strikers and we already have Yak, Goodwillie & young Slew - all Kean's signings, so Roberts will probably be one too many.

The reality is that Roberts has not had one single attempt on goal this season during a premier league game, be it saved or off target. That sums up his worth to the the club. (not counting that poor excuse of a flick back header against Tottenham)

Quick some one send that video to steve kean - thats just the sort of striker we should be buying in january :unsure:

Oh wait we already have him - are you sure?

Seriously though I always find myself defending Roberts in conversations with other rovers fans - what is the basis of this defence you may ask?

Well its not his goal/per game record - its that he reminds me of myself when playing football.

He does all the hard work then fluffs it at the end (as do I :P)

Apologies if this has been covered and if so please close this thread down.

Clearly, yesterday, he was neither in the team nor on the bench. Also, I have read no reports of an injury.

Speculation is that he was at Old Trafford.

If this is true then what the feck was he doing there ?

Surely, he should have been backing the rest of the lads whether injured or not.

Also, see that his Twitter has gone unusually quiet.

Are these the first cracks in Kean's empire ?

He was getting his Banjo restrung

Just heard Jase on the radio having a right go at old Sepp about racism in football (which were very sensible by the way). He'd be well advised to consider that a significant proportion of his club's supporters feel just as fervently about the club's manager and owners though instead of being quite so patronising.

• 1 month later...

Roberts admits on MOTD 2 that him and salgado are not playing because of contract issues. Small discussion about it. Maybe a few more people will know there is strange goings on at the club.

He has been very honest about this for some time. It is very strange that the club won't play him because it will trigger a new deal...but they have effectively paid him 40k + a week for three months and not got anything in return :blink: . But, common sense and Venkys doesn't really go hand in hand.

I think we really need him now that the Yak is banned, whether that be on the pitch or bench.

Comments passed on MotD2 about the "money men" taking decisions over the manager's head.

JR kept stressing he was available and all he can do is keep training hard; there was nothing specific; just another brick in the wall of how badly run we are these days.

He has been very honest about this for some time. It is very strange that the club won't play him because it will trigger a new deal...but they have effectively paid him 40k + a week for three months and not got anything in return :blink: . But, common sense and Venkys doesn't really go hand in hand.

I think we really need him now that the Yak is banned, whether that be on the pitch or bench.

The thing I don't understand with these clauses is that if they're so desperate to play then surely they could waive the clause and see out their contacts here.

Archived