BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

Mercer

Apologies if this has been covered and if so please close this thread down.

Clearly, yesterday, he was neither in the team nor on the bench. Also, I have read no reports of an injury.

Speculation is that he was at Old Trafford.

If this is true then what the feck was he doing there ?

Surely, he should have been backing the rest of the lads whether injured or not.

Also, see that his Twitter has gone unusually quiet.

Are these the first cracks in Kean's empire ?

I asked this question last night ...Didn't get an answer but he definately said on 606 'I was watching the game and I have never seen a penalty over ruled like that before' Now he could have been watching a monitor from the players lounge , I have no idea but it is odd !!

• Backroom

Apologies if this has been covered and if so please close this thread down.

Clearly, yesterday, he was neither in the team nor on the bench. Also, I have read no reports of an injury.

Speculation is that he was at Old Trafford.

If this is true then what the feck was he doing there ?

Surely, he should have been backing the rest of the lads whether injured or not.

Also, see that his Twitter has gone unusually quiet.

Are these the first cracks in Kean's empire ?

Judging by our finishing yesterday I'd hazard a guess and say Roberts has been handed a new contract as our striking coach and has been passing down his knowledge of shooting to the squad. As for being at old trafford... well, he's pursuing a media career, and the media only care about the top 6, so it would make sense for him to be there. Maybe his role as striking coach is only part time, allowing him to further engage his post-football media career.

Judging by our finishing yesterday I'd hazard a guess and say Roberts has been handed a new contract as our striking coach and has been passing down his knowledge of shooting to the squad. As for being at old trafford... well, he's pursuing a media career, and the media only care about the top 6, so it would make sense for him to be there. Maybe his role as striking coach is only part time, allowing him to further engage his post-football media career.

Astonished if you, or any Rovers' supporter thinks that.

Partucularly in our predicament, surely, it's the duty of every single squad member to be there, encouraging and supporting the group.

Makes a bit of a nonsense of the 'unity calls' in Saturday's LT !

• Backroom

Astonished if you, or any Rovers' supporter thinks that.

Partucularly in our predicament, surely, it's the duty of every single squad member to be there, encouraging and supporting the group.

Makes a bit of a nonsense of the 'unity calls' in Saturday's LT !

I wasn't being serious, Mercerman... :mellow:

• Moderation Lead

I don't care where he was, he was 6 months away from being booted out under Sam, and until recently he has been the mouthpiece for this shower of sh1t regime we're lumbered with.

The less he starts, the more chance we have of winning as far as I'm concerned.

And no, I don't care if he's a nice guy or not, I'd rather have a smug idiot up front who knew where the goal was, and moved quicker than an ocean liner than Roberts!

He's a waste of space. better off having an academy lad on the bench rather than that useless ass kisser

Think that might have stopped after Friday's training session ! TBH, fishing around a bit - heard a bit of a rumour last night from a half cut Dingle friend, not sure whether he was winding me up or not but 2+2 might equal 4 here.

I believe Jason had an accident with a bucket. He was trying to make a storm trooper outfit and was using a plastic bucket as a helmet. Unfortunately he put it on the wrong way round (eye holes at the back) and couldn't get it off. If you listen to 606 you will notice the echo

In two months or something he will be 34 - and maybe the time is coming to take off the boots and put on a pundit-suit - he fits better in the media-world than on the footballground. Sometimes I actually enjoy some of his views (when its not about coco of course) so I would much rather see him on tv/radio than on our teamsheet :P

Archived