BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest Round Up

Glen, i'd like you to open up about what Agnew was implying on focusing your attentions higher up the food chain, with the board, committee, owners, advisors, whoever they are, if possible.

I'd like to open up too, but we must always try and protect the BRFCS website, as people will always try and bring the site down if they can. We have to be careful what we put on the site as too many have worked dam hard to give us this site to openly debate things. Its unfair on them to have them open to attack when they have no opinion one way or the other, and already Glenn Pegden has been openly attacked by Paul Agnew to me, and I don't even know Glenn Pegden and have never met the guy. So when I post it needs to be in moderation

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to open up too, but we must always try and protect the BRFCS website, as people will always try and bring the site down if they can. We have to be careful what we put on the site as too many have worked dam hard to give us this site to openly debate things. Its unfair on them to have them open to attack when they have no opinion one way or the other, and already Glenn Pegden has been openly attacked by Paul Agnew to me, and I don't even know Glenn Pegden and have never met the guy. So when I post it needs to be in moderation

Excuse my ignorance but in what circumstances would the site be in any danger,is'nt the site independent of the club ?

Glen is politely trying to say (I think) that it could open a whole huge can of worms that I personally have no desire at all to be stuck in the middle of, so I've asked him to tread lightly and try not to get me or the site embroiled in this if he can help it. PA and myself (well, more BRFCS I think) haven't always seen eye to eye, we did try to start a fresh a few months ago and whilst things didn't exactly go according to plan, I thought we were on the same page again. Possibly we are, possibly we're not, but it's a wound I'm keen not to re-open (especially in public on BRFCS).

That said, if Glen wants to give his personal opinion of how he interpreted comments in a conversation with PA (and label it as such), then that's his own decision

I'm getting very bored and disollusioned with life at Circus Ewood to the extent that I no longer believe us, the fans can actively change the current circumstances at our club with what is happening at present. Just before anyone asks, I fully back the protests and Steve 'Coco the Clown' Kean needs to go. I think 500-1000 people can protest all they like but i believe the pen is mightier than the sword.

To me the Rovers fans are now massively divided because there are so so many rumours flying about that i for one just switch off to them now. I think it's about time that those fans who know the truth and the reality of our dire situation open up and tell everyone what they know or at least pass on all information anon to the papers. We, the fans need to know and its driving me up the wall. Knowing the truth will galvanise everyone against Kean or Venkys or Anderson. If people have hard evidence about circus ewood then what are they waiting for? The longer i hear the rumours, the more i ignore them and its counter-productive. I'm losing interest in the unrest quickly. Engage me with the truth and me and thousands of others will want to protest not just the hundreds you have now...

Riggers, to be honest i feel exactly the same as you. I don't feel any sort of emotional attachment to Rovers like i used to Pre Venkys. I know people will tell me i am not a proper fan if this is how i feel, but i have both supported and loved Rovers for the last 35 years, regardless of what league we were in. If i could get a refund on my season ticket, then, like you, i would. As it stands at the moment, there is not a cat in hells chance that i will be getting one next season. I'll be at The Anchor Ground instead.

Ditto

Christ, Rovers are run by a bunch of arseholes nowadays. I'm not just talking Venky's here either. It looks like we are rotten right through the whole core of the club.

Thanks for fighting Glen. Its much appreciated. Plus don't be afraid to fight dirty. Rovers are using every trick in the book atm to screw with you.

Why is the protest still being aimed at Kean?

Yes, his record’s abysmal but it’s Venky’s who appointed him in the first place and are now presiding over the shambles. Which other owners of an established PL club would continue to endorse a manager with a win rate of less than 20%?

I thought it was telling in the week when Kean was asked about the Hoilett contract situation and said that as far as he’d been told it was very close. Told by who?

Kean doesn’t help himself but he’s also putting up with a lot of ######. How many other managers would have put up with the fiasco of the summer transfer budget?

For people talking about O’Neill, he quit Villa for less. No manager with a reputation to preserve would work within the current set-up. Allardyce would probably have resigned by now if he'd been left in charge.

The management team, or lack thereof, which has or has not been put into place is the real concern.

Venky’s have had a year to sort this out and even had the close scrape last season to ram home the message but they still don’t get it/are unable to understand.

When Rovers were successful it had as much to do with the boardroom/administrative team of Williams’ as it did to the qualities of Souness/Hughes/Allardyce.

'We want our Rovers back', rather than 'Kean Out', should be the over-riding message.

• Backroom

Kean doesn’t help himself but he’s also putting up with a lot of ######. How many other managers would have put up with the fiasco of the summer transfer budget?

I agree that the anger should turn towards Venky's, however in regards to this: Kean would have got NOWHERE NEAR any other premier league club in terms of becoming manager. He knows as well as we do that he lucked into this job big time - and he's going to do everything he can, including putting up with a lot of crap, to cling onto his job for as long as he can. Chances are he ain't getting another management position, not at this level anyway.

G Mullan, please could you expand on the things you know about the club that you hinted at on your opening post. I don't have any contact at the club and nobody i know does. I've stopped going on ewood as i'm totally disillusioned with everything that has gone on. However, if the club really is in serious trouble (financial or otherwise) then you need to keep ALL FANS fully informed. If things are as bad as you say then fans need to know, only then will the protests grow to a level that can't be ignored. Every credit for what you're doing by the way, i imagine you speak for the majority of fans.

Why is the protest still being aimed at Kean?Yes, his record’s abysmal but it’s Venky’s who appointed him in the first place and are now presiding over the shambles. Which other owners of an established PL club would continue to endorse a manager with a win rate of less than 20%?

To be quite honest the protest wasn't aimed at anyone yesterday as the club did a good job at gagging everyone at the game. I still am quite amazed that people were ejected for chanting "Kean Out".

G Mullan, please could you expand on the things you know about the club that you hinted at on your opening post. I don't have any contact at the club and nobody i know does. I've stopped going on ewood as i'm totally disillusioned with everything that has gone on. However, if the club really is in serious trouble (financial or otherwise) then you need to keep ALL FANS fully informed. If things are as bad as you say then fans need to know, only then will the protests grow to a level that can't be ignored. Every credit for what you're doing by the way, i imagine you speak for the majority of fans.

Private message him, he may fill you in. I can't see how he can possibly say everything he knows publicly. The last thing we want is for this site to get shut down. And at the moment I wouldn't put anything past the powers that be. It wouldn't surprise me at all if I heard that they were trying to close the unofficial fan sites.

I wouldn't put anything past the powers that be. It wouldn't surprise me at all if I heard that they were trying to close the unofficial fan sites.

as was sung yesterday,

they banned the banners so bought a plane

they banned the plane so we bought a blimp

they closed the site so we started another

they closed that site and started another

An idea.

We need a change in the protests and possibly take the arguments direct to the Venkys. It has been muted that 2 or 3 folk go out to Pune to seek a meeting with the Raos. I realise that they have their "heavies" and security but just imagine what coverage we would get if a small band of fans were to go to India and seek an audience with our absent owners to express our disquiet with Kean and the management structure at BRFC. We would get big UK media coverage; I have very good contacts in the BBC TV and Channel 4 newsrooms which can be utilised and we have other BRFCS members with good contacts (better than Paul Agnew).

I am sure that we can raise the funds for a visit....if the Venkys will not come to Ewood and engage then we need to take our arguments to them, if they do not meet we still get our messages over via the media.

Simon and I have both decided that we will no longer discuss any protests with the club, We have been accomodating enough and feel its now down to the club, to get these meeting they have promised arranged. I will not rest until the Rao family has answered these concerns, they can either do these via meetings here or in Pune. The club will no longer find out from us what our plans are as we intend to do things a little differently. There is more ways that to skin a cat.

Vive la resistance!

An idea.

We need a change in the protests and possibly take the arguments direct to the Venkys. It has been muted that 2 or 3 folk go out to Pune to seek a meeting with the Raos. I realise that they have their "heavies" and security but just imagine what coverage we would get if a small band of fans were to go to India and seek an audience with our absent owners to express our disquiet with Kean and the management structure at BRFC. We would get big UK media coverage; I have very good contacts in the BBC TV and Channel 4 newsrooms which can be utilised and we have other BRFCS members with good contacts (better than Paul Agnew).

I am sure that we can raise the funds for a visit....if the Venkys will not come to Ewood and engage then we need to take our arguments to them, if they do not meet we still get our messages over via the media.

There must be scope for a Louis Theroux style documentary on Venky's.....

I agree that the anger should turn towards Venky's, however in regards to this: Kean would have got NOWHERE NEAR any other premier league club in terms of becoming manager. He knows as well as we do that he lucked into this job big time - and he's going to do everything he can, including putting up with a lot of crap, to cling onto his job for as long as he can. Chances are he ain't getting another management position, not at this level anyway.

Agreed - if/when Kean leaves he isn't getting another manager's job.

Which is why I find it ridiculous when respected managers like Harry Redknapp (he of the LMA, no less) stick up for Kean who has been handed a job at the expense of someone who is actually trained in the profession. Their support in the media helps legitimise the Venky's set-up.

Kean leaving is being offered up as if it's the answer - it's not because what happens then? How many respected managers with impressive track records (which is what we need) would work within the current set-up?

The protests need to be aimed at Venky's and their mismanagement of the club.

Looks as if things are so dysfunctional at the club that it would make little difference if Kean were sacked! They're unlikely to appoint a solid manager with ideas of his own and with his own staff so who would come?

We're doomed! I agree with an earlier post, get these things out in the open vis sympathetic (or self-interested) media outlets. No time to waste.

Allow Rovers fans to see what we are supporting.

Channel 4 do some great 'investigative journalism' documentaries. They did one a short while ago about how to buy a football club, Brian Robson was heavily involved (I believe, missed it). If there are some facts that could be placed in their hands, they may be interested. These journalists thrive on the likes of Anderson and co. making huge amounts of money, throw in the conspiracy theories surrounding the owners and the financial dealings knocking about....there could be a programme there.

• Backroom

Channel 4 do some great 'investigative journalism' documentaries. They did one a short while ago about how to buy a football club, Brian Robson was heavily involved (I believe, missed it). If there are some facts that could be placed in their hands, they may be interested. These journalists thrive on the likes of Anderson and co. making huge amounts of money, throw in the conspiracy theories surrounding the owners and the financial dealings knocking about....there could be a programme there.

There could be an entire series based on the things that have gone on at this club since Venky's took over!

I honestly thought that episode of Dispatches was about us... until Robbo said it was Sheff. Wed. they were aiming for.

Archived