BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean signs new deal?

We've had all these ifs, buts and maybes before regarding Kean and a possible new deal. The sad facts of the matter is that Venkys don't give a crap about the club or the fans and as of this moment here's one fan who doesn't give two ###### about them or it (in it's current form) either.

R.I.P. Blackburn Rovers F.C. 1875 - 2010 :(

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breaking News

Keith Andrews signs to dance the White Swan in the Royal Ballet's production of Swan Lake

Dracula gets new contract to run blood bank in the Ursuline Nuns Convent

Steve Kean gets new contract to stand like a tit on the Rovers touchline

....surely all the product of some surreal freakish warped mind. Nobody would be that daft....

Let's not all panic until all the details are known.

Details and Rovers don't go together in the same sentence at the moment unfortunately.

All in all I'm just numb, after the rumours started a few weeks ago about his contract I did fear the worst but now it appears to be true I just don't know how to react, what the hell is going on, on what basis has he deserved a new contract?

Is it all over?

ffs venkys just lost £55 was in process of buyingt shirts on roverstore........until i reopened this window

**** off venkys you clearly want the club wrecked, i hope wigan ****ing embarrass us, we are going down so i hope the way we go highlights exactly how blatently mis-run and corrupt everything off the pitch is and your vile agenda exposed....your all scum now clear as day you don't give a ****

In my opinion it is time to stop protesting against steve kean, and attack venkys. Steve kean have been terrible in the media, and his results is not good but he may have good intentions, trying to improve rovers.

Venkys on the other hands have came so easy away, and there is alot more shady things going on with venkys than kean.

Broken promises on player funding, taking up loans on future income, no communication whatsoever with the fans and the resigning of many experienced people in the administration.

And in the end, its venkys who decides steve keans future.

Thats my opinion

I would like to say that I'm surprised, but nothing surprises me anymore concerning our owners. But that doesn't mean that I'm not devastated if this turns out to be true. Further proof, if it were needed that the owners have no concern for the fans at all. This is just a big 'F YOU' to the people who despise them and the manager.

I do believe that the owners have been taken aback by the protests and are from a culture where they wouldn't be used to the small people, in this case the fans, challenging them so visually and vocally. This is a way of getting back at those who dare question them.

People not going to games would be one way of showing further disgust. But no doubt that would be spun in a way to make those people look like they aren't the real fans of the club.

Can't believe the amount of people on twitter saying they still wouldn't protest if this is true. I just don't understand some people

Well let's just think this one through. There have been a number of protests and the result appears to be two fingers up to the fans. Some of us were worried that very public protesting would make them dig their heels in.

• Backroom

Can't believe the amount of people on twitter saying they still wouldn't protest if this is true. I just don't understand some people

And I can't believe the amount of people attacking other fans saying its their fault for not protesting.

I have never criticised anyone protesting but it's just as likely this is a result of the protests ironically.

People are now not real fans unless they protested according to some people.

If this is true (and why wouldn't it be? This is Venky's, after all), then that's it. Goodnight, Blackburn. It was fun while it lasted!

I just don't understand any of it. It's not like Kean's contract is even up soon, is it? They're rewarding him for WHAT? Making a mockery of themselves and their investment? Is this Venky's idea of showing the fans who's in charge? I hope for the club's sake the fans now boycott en masse, as they should have done ages ago, instead of lining up another pointless protest.

I was just going to bed but I think I'm gonna have to get rat-assed to try and blot this out.

The rest of this season has just been written-off and of course, its not going to stop there.

This time next season = probably at the wrong end of the championship with crowds of less than 5 figures and heading towards administration.

I started going to the Rovers in 79 when we were in the old third division and it has been a dream come true to witness them become champions and thereafter hold their own at the top table. Always thought that one day, things would naturally go full circle but the galling and heart-breaking thing about this situation is that it has been all self-inflicted. It saddens me beyond words that Rovers may no longer be a top league team for possibly a generation or even more.

In less than 12 months these indian crooks and their henchmen have shat all over Jack's legacy.

Well let's just think this one through. There have been a number of protests and the result appears to be two fingers up to the fans. Some of us were worried that very public protesting would make them dig their heels in.

so those who protested are responsible for Steve Kean getting a new contract (if true)?

so those who protested are responsible for Steve Kean getting a new contract (if true)?

No, that's not what I'm saying. My thoughts were that public protests and the embarrassment that would cause Indian people who are used to not being questioned may well make them dig their heels in when their instincts may have been to get rid. In no way did I think it would result in a new contract. But equally, I don't think that suggesting protesting is the only answer is correct either - because that clearly isn't working

Archived