BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys - One Year On - Their impact on sales

Glenn

171 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming prices stay fairly static, do you see your annual spend on tickets (both walk on and season tickets) increasing, staying the same or decreasing ?

• Increasing
    • Staying roughly the same
    • Decrease
    • I can't get to games, so my annual spend on tickets is negligible

So, Venky's have been in control just under a year now and there is no doubt every football fan in the country has heard of the Venky's brand.

But the question is, how will their involvement with the club impact future ticket purchasing?

Assuming prices stay fairly static, do you see your annual spend on tickets (both walk on and season tickets) increasing, staying the same or decreasing ?

Don't just consider ST games, think about those low attendance games, the early round of the cup, the long and unrewarding away games etc.

This is hopefully the first in a series of "one-year-on" polls.

I can definitely see my season ticket being traded in for a bar tab and Greek TV at the local. Going to Ewood and seeing Kean's face, representing my team, in the dugout, is heartbreaking.

I have written to Blackburn Rovers explaining that should Steve Kean be manager next season or the clubs negligence in not dismissing Steve Kean early enough results in Blackburn Rovers being relegated then I wont be buying a season ticket next year. I did explore the possibility of getting money back for this years season ticket but that has been unsuccesful thus far.

Ern ..... you still signed a contract for a year. Cancelling the DD doesn't mean you're not still liable for the money.

...this could be an interesting test case...would Venky's be prepared to sue to recover the o/s money ?

If everyone paying by instalments cancelled D/Ds, returned their tickets & said "see you in court" ?

....I'd contribute to a fighting fund for legal costs for a test case.....

Venky's need to be hurt in their pockets - no other language resonates with them....

...this could be an interesting test case...would Venky's be prepared to sue to recover the o/s money ?

If everyone paying by instalments cancelled D/Ds, returned their tickets & said "see you in court" ?

Venky's need to be hurt in their pockets - no other language resonates with them....

Doesn't have to end in a court case, just reporting to one of the credit reference agencies that you've defaulted on a credit agreement. Then next time you apply for credit, you've a negative file note making it harder to obtain a loan, credit card, mortgage etc.

I renewed reluctantly this year. I will not renew next year unless Kean is definitely gone and Venky's and their entourage preferably too. I have already said that, with very heavy heart, if Kean continues as manager and gets a new contract I will not attend matches. I used to go to as many away games as possible - I've not been to one this season so far. I simply cannot see the point in supporting the deliberate destruction of a club.

now, if i phone up and say i lost my job and i have no means of paying the out standing amount wot could they do about it? I,m sure that rovers won,t have the full amount up front? And i seem to recall that one of my mates once missed a payment and received a letter were it mentioned that it doesn,t affect your credit rating

now, if i phone up and say i lost my job and i have no means of paying the out standing amount wot could they do about it? I,m sure that rovers won,t have the full amount up front? And i seem to recall that one of my mates once missed a payment and received a letter were it mentioned that it doesn,t affect your credit rating

I hadn't appreciated that a finance company had intermediated these deals - Rovers will therefore have had the money already as pointed out above - so to hit Venky's in the pocket the options (for season ticket holders) are to stop spending any discretionary money at all e.g. refreshments, programmes, club shop. match day lottery, cup tie tickets....etc

This will mean that Venky's would have to liquidate more & more assets to cover the deficit in revenue & our plight will worsen...played through to an ultimate end this could mean several relegations before they accept defeat & sell us. Frankly - if at that point a fans trust could buy the club & thereafter run it as a going concern in League 2 I'd be happier than I feel now as the plaything of Venky's/JA.

I am so disillusioned right now.

I hadn't appreciated that a finance company had intermediated these deals - Rovers will therefore have had the money already as pointed out above - so to hit Venky's in the pocket the options (for season ticket holders) are to stop spending any discretionary money at all e.g. refreshments, programmes, club shop. match day lottery, cup tie tickets....etc

This will mean that Venky's would have to liquidate more & more assets to cover the deficit in revenue & our plight will worsen...played through to an ultimate end this could mean several relegations before they accept defeat & sell us. Frankly - if at that point a fans trust could buy the club & thereafter run it as a going concern in League 2 I'd be happier than I feel now as the plaything of Venky's/JA.

I am so disillusioned right now.

i will post back tomorrow night sometime and let u know wot they said.The way i see it rovers only get the money when the monthly direct debits are sorted and not before!!

I renewed reluctantly this year. I will not renew next year unless Kean is definitely gone and Venky's and their entourage preferably too. I have already said that, with very heavy heart, if Kean continues as manager and gets a new contract I will not attend matches. I used to go to as many away games as possible - I've not been to one this season so far. I simply cannot see the point in supporting the deliberate destruction of a club.

That is so sad and so telling. What will be left when these idiots finally realise there is no more to be gained?

Some of the drama queens on here are unbelievable!! Handing season tickets back??? Boycotting your club??? I've been brought up you can change your wife, car house etc.. But you can't leave your club!!

The clubs and fans I have respect are the ones like Afc Wimbledon, Luton who despite massive adversity have kept the faith and kept turning supporting their team.

Luton have attendences of 6000 plus in the conference, their fans haven't let a series of terrible owners drive them away, they have followed blindly and I have great respect for them.

I have voted that I want Venkys to sell but if that doesn't happen then I will be there at Wigan away on Sat like I would be if it was Maidstone at home. If you want an easy ride get yourself down to JJB buy yourself a Man Utd shirt and have done with it.

That's all very good scotty and I'm with you in so much as I'll be there come hell or high water, I won't be driven out of my football club.

But do I understand peoples absolute disgust on what has gone on this year? Damn right I do and no 'get behind 'em' rant is going to stop ticket sales going through the floor next season.

6000 at Luton? That's exactly what we'll be getting when these morons crash us through the leagues.

Some of the drama queens on here are unbelievable!! Handing season tickets back??? Boycotting your club??? I've been brought up you can change your wife, car house etc.. But you can't leave your club!!

The clubs and fans I have respect are the ones like Afc Wimbledon, Luton who despite massive adversity have kept the faith and kept turning supporting their team.

Luton have attendences of 6000 plus in the conference, their fans haven't let a series of terrible owners drive them away, they have followed blindly and I have great respect for them.

I have voted that I want Venkys to sell but if that doesn't happen then I will be there at Wigan away on Sat like I would be if it was Maidstone at home. If you want an easy ride get yourself down to JJB buy yourself a Man Utd shirt and have done with it.

Drama queens some might be, but that's their given right whether to boycott the club in these times, just as it's yours to carry on going to every game. It's hardly unbelievable.

I nearly didn't get a ST this year because of Kean, but did. Next year I won't be getting one out of principal if he is still manager.

This is a shame because the club's pricing is second to none, it comes down to more than money.

I will probably still go to some away games because its always a good day out regardless.

Archived