BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] STOKE away

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birdys missus is a right stunner, what was she up to, pro-Kean or anti-Kean?

You want to tell the Telegraph, and publicise your disgust.

i doubt the telegraph will be interested in my disgust as they will get messages all the time. i like cryer and what he says but a local paper isnt enough anymore.

what consequences. you are getting me even more wound up.

I'm sorry about that. What do the protests achieve?

1) Fans who don't agree with the protests are labelled weak and apathetic. Hence we get friction on the terraces.

2) The players think that they haven't got the support their efforts deserve. Hence they turn their backs on the fans as they did at Wigan. Throwing garbage bags on the pitch today reinforces that message.

3) The owners are still 100% behind their man. The protests are futile.

"The miss from Mauro Formica at the start of the second half was crucial. If that goes in it changes things completely.

"But I don't think we played that badly today - we created chances and we're disappointed not to have taken them. I looked at the statistics and we had 15 shots on goal, 10 of them on target.

"What we've got to do now is work on the training ground at shutting the door at the back - and the good news is that we have senior players like Ryan Nelsen and Chris Samba to return and strengthen us in defence. There are some good things happening here but at the moment our play is not getting the rewards it deserves."

Kean: To come here and create the chances we did we should have picked something up. It is disappointing to lose as we were on a good run away from home.

19th best team away from home. It's good compared to our home run (20th).

"The miss from Mauro Formica at the start of the second half was crucial. If that goes in it changes things completely.

"But I don't think we played that badly today - we created chances and we're disappointed not to have taken them. I looked at the statistics and we had 15 shots on goal, 10 of them on target.

"What we've got to do now is work on the training ground at shutting the door at the back - and the good news is that we have senior players like Ryan Nelsen and Chris Samba to return and strengthen us in defence. There are some good things happening here but at the moment our play is not getting the rewards it deserves."

If this was the first time he had come out with this - I would say fair enough. But after hearing it time and time again - when is he going to accept that his tactics are to blame - and that he isn't a manager ?

I just wonder what would make him resign - does he have no shame ?

Well, I dunno. If we do get relegated........what will those supporters say? My contribution to the fight was to throw a garbage bag on to the field at the Britannia?

While your contribution will have been.......?

1) Fans who don't agree with the protests are labelled weak and apathetic. Hence we get friction on the terraces.

2) The players think that they haven't got the support their efforts deserve. Hence they turn their backs on the fans as they did at Wigan. Throwing garbage bags on the pitch today reinforces that message.

but your saying we have to live with the cosequences. ok then we will all give up and watch until venkys decide to get their act together. kean was given long enough and our fans were very very patient. he nearly took us down last year but the fans didnt get on his back. they supported the team. he won against liverpool and the fans even sang his name. that was a time to kick on but it still went down to the last game for survival.

even in the protest games fans didnt get on their backs until we went down which was every game it seemed.

please explain to me what consequences you are reffering to are as i cant stand my home town feeling so down as the do now. everyone is down in the dumps

While your contribution will have been.......?

I suppose you would have to say that my contibution is zero because I don't get to many games. But surely even that's gotta be better than a purely negative (garbage bag) contribution???

Kean's obsession with bringing on Jason Roberts when the team is in need of a goal highlights the manager's lack of ability to grasp the reality of any situation during the course of a game. The reality is this instance is that Roberts hasn't had an attempt on goal in the premier league this season so what's the point in bringing this 'fraud' on to the pitch. He must be the player with the least ability in the league and has been for some time.

It amazes me how some people (like Hughesy) still believe that 'Anti-Kean' chants are conducive to Kean's ineptitude as Blackburn Rovers manager. It wouldn't matter what the fans chanted, we don't have a hope in hell whilst he's in charge.

but your saying we have to live with the cosequences. ok then we will all give up and watch until venkys decide to get their act together. kean was given long enough and our fans were very very patient. he nearly took us down last year but the fans didnt get on his back. they supported the team. he won against liverpool and the fans even sang his name. that was a time to kick on but it still went down to the last game for survival.

even in the protest games fans didnt get on their backs until we went down which was every game it seemed.

please explain to me what consequences you are reffering to are as i cant stand my home town feeling so down as the do now. everyone is down in the dumps

No, i don't think that. I just think that we have to get behind the team come what may. At Wigan there were indications that the players were fed up with the fans protestations. Yes, yes, yes of course the fans have the right to protest but the fact is that these protests ARE affecting the players. Is that what we really want? No, I didn't think so.

What do you suggest?

No, i don't think that. I just think that we have to get behind the team come what may. At Wigan there were indications that the players were fed up with the fans protestations. Yes, yes, yes of course the fans have the right to protest but the fact is that these protests ARE affecting the players. Is that what we really want? No, I didn't think so.

the players are as much to blame. no point carrying this on as we both have a different view. 6 wins in 34 and only 1 win this season has got nothing to do with the fans.

Over the past few weeks we have been nothing short of dreadful. I have had fans who are my friends from all different teams from Sheffield Wednesday to Manchester City tell me they think we will be going down and i agree with them. We have been poor all season and drew with Wigan via cheating and beat Arsenal by two own goals on their part. Today we was lazy provided no support for the Yak majority of the match, looked shaky in midfield. N'Zonzi could have easily been shown two yellow cards for persistant fouling. We was just disgusting to watch. I come from and live in Liverpool and i was going to attend the Rovers Vs Swansea match but i can't see the point in going after today's display. Players was half arsed about the game and excuses, excuses, excuses again from Kean at the end. KEAN OUT!!!!

So you're suggesting that the protests are affecting the players. I think you will find that it's the fact our club is in the worst turmoil in my lifetime. It's that that's affecting the players. Saying it's the protests is because you need something other than Kean or Venkys as a target. That way your head can remain wedged firmly in the sand. Blaming it on Kean or Venkys is fatalistic, but that's the way it is sadly.

Do you honestly, swear on your families life, believe that if nobody protested and everyone cheered the team on for 90 minutes, results would be better?

What do you suggest?

My humble suggestion - Out-shout the opposition fans every game no matter what.

As opposed to:

"Kean out" because Dunn has been a total tit and got himself sent off for another pointless foul.

"Kean out" because Stoke scored a goal from a great free-kick delivery.

There's no point thinking about signing a manager to keep us up, that ship's finally sailed. We need to be looking for someone who can get us out of the chumpionship next season.

The way things are going, Tyrone, I'd be more than pleased with someone who can keep us IN the Championship!

Archived