BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] STOKE away

That's not what I was saying and you know it. I was saying you're not going to have any credibility giving your opinion on the crowd when you don't actually go to games. Your observations are can only be based on online reports, the radio, the club/Kean, and what you see on the television.

So yes I'm saying your observations are less valuable than people who actually go to games and sit there for several hours hearing and seeing what happens.

Did you go to the game today? If not your opinion is worth shi* according to your criteria.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone honestly look at the actions of the protesters and say 100% that the constant negative chanting had ZERO effect on the players? Not to mention that NO ONE has shown even a degree of respect or support for a single player in the squad.

Well you mustn't have been listening properly. Because there were songs for Givet, Robbo, Yakubu, Nzonzi & Pedersen that I can remember.

If you're going to call fans who go to support the team then at least get your facts right.

Just sent this to BBC 5 live ref 606..

Shame on you for cutting off the two Blackburn Rovers fans tonight just as they were trying to get their points across about how Steve Kean is destroying the club and sending us towards oblivion. I think you need to rethink your policy of having players like Jason Roberts on the show who still play for clubs that fans care deeply about and have a right to call up and talk about. Clearly co-presenters like Roberts are going to feel uncomfortable talking to fans that are criticising their current manager and the performance of the team.

This means that we are disadvantaged being able to really tell it like it is about the awful state our club is in. We are not a big club in premiership terms but by now I would have though even the BBC would have started to take more interest in how the owners and Steve Kean are both presiding over a systematic destruction of Rovers as a credible football club both on and off the pitch.

Supporters are rightly very upset now but there seems to be no way to raise awareness in the national media to at least embarrass the owners in to taking action. The BBC seems to be as disinterested as the national papers are, and strangely still seem to see Kean as somehow unlucky, or the victim in all this, despite having won only one game so far this season and having the worst win ratio of any Rovers manager since we were in the premier league. On the few chances that present themselves to raise awareness of this e.g. 606 we are then given short shrift by you so as to avoid making Jason squirm in his seat as they start to touch upon the truth of an appalling situation.

You could have allocated the time to really explore the situation but instead took the easy option of cutting the fans off mid flow.

and its hardly thrilling talk from roberts anyway. he just pipes up occassionally and tends to repeat himself a lot of the time.

Did you go to the game today? If not your opinion is worth shi* according to your criteria.

I wasn't there today but as I've just moved into my new flat give me a day off. But my opinion is still formed from going to games (I will add as a season ticket holder for the majority of my adult life). What do you base your opinions on Tony?

But are you serious? How can you possibly have a valid opinion on the crowd if you aren't there?

Expected pumping, no surprises whatsoever.

As a side note, how bad is Hanley? Got to be up there with the worst players to ever wear the shirt. I don't care if it means putting Peds back to left back and moving Givet into the middle but Hanley should never get close to a game, he's ****.

How can anyone have Rochina, Formica, and Hoilett, in the same team right now chaddy as they are so, so, weak.

I defy any journalist, professional player, ex professional player, manager, agent, or Rovers supporter to try and argue that these three (Please don't use that word again)wits together are capable of winning premiership football games.

If they are in anyway then that team has to be seriously handicapped or going out of the league.

I only just listened to the post match Kean interview. He seems to be completely deluded.

I actually think he has some mental health issues, a good shrink would have him committed.

I still remember the "we cant offer him Champions league football YET" it sends shivers up my spine when I think of it.

He said that with upmost belief and sincerety and the Talksport guys sniggered about that one all week.

Archived