BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] STOKE away

Jnr is playing far bigger role. He is the ONLY positive of the Kean era. Allardyce hardly played him.

Phil Jones and Emerton have been badly missed. But we've added Rochina, Yakubu, Dann, Formica and Vukcevic. In terms of sheer options, we're better off. Dont start telling me that Andrews or Kalinic added anything. Yakubu has already done more then Kalinic ever did.

Id still maintain that the players we have at the minute are reasonably decent and its a lack of organisation thats failing us. We're actually scoring goals, I think only the top 4/5 have scored more away from home. Its defensively where we're very very poor and that is where Kean's lack of organisation comes in.

They are similar players. Waste of money.

As for Allardyce. He was bringing Hoilett through well enough. He was in the squad most weeks whereas Kean threw him into the front line from day one. Hoilett is an exceptional talent who under the slower steadier tutelage of Allardyce might have made a better effort to stop Ivanovic's cross to Lampard. Who knows?

btw For anybody who hasn't bothered to check Big Sams going great guns in the Championship at the moment.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for Allardyce. He was bringing Hoilett through well enough. He was in the squad most weeks whereas Kean threw him into the front line from day one.

Like Allardyce did with Phil Jones.

What was your point again?

Two amazing talents. Jones was the finished article. Hoilett isn't. You can't disagree with that Topman.

Phil Jones was by no means the finished article on his debut, and still isn't, for that matter. Hoilett was making precious little progress under Sam. It's little coincidence he exploded on to the scene once he was given a run in the side.

I'm loathe to admit that Hoilett is the one and only bright spark in Kean's tenure, which will be cancelled out when he leaves in January.

Phil Jones was by no means the finished article on his debut, and still isn't, for that matter. Hoilett was making precious little progress under Sam. It's little coincidence he exploded on to the scene once he was given a run in the side.

I'm loathe to admit that Hoilett is the one and only bright spark in Kean's tenure, which will be cancelled out when he leaves in January.

Kean? You mean there is light at the end of the tunnel?

Rochina is also a bright spark, the sad thing is he doesn't get played as a striker. He's scored some fantastic goals already and he's still a kid.

To those who think he's greedy, you only have to look at Matt Jansen. Exactly the same when he first came here, thought he could take teams on by himself, and look how well he turned out.

That lad has real potential.

Rochina is also a bright spark, the sad thing is he doesn't get played as a striker. He's scored some fantastic goals already and he's still a kid.

To those who think he's greedy, you only have to look at Matt Jansen. Exactly the same when he first came here, thought he could take teams on by himself, and look how well he turned out.

That lad has real potential.

Matt Jansen was far quicker and more mobile than Rochina , but there are similarities...

Matt Jansen was far quicker and more mobile than Rochina , but there are similarities...

By exactly the same I meant the weakness of holding the ball till they lose it. Jansen did exactly the same.

As for more mobile, hmmm, that goal that he set up for Formica was absolutely amazing. The guy's only 20, Jansen was older when he signed. And he was played as a striker in a two pronged attack.

Shame we don't have a decent manager to show him not to be so greedy, like Jansen did.

As I see it our on field problems come down to not having bought a credible central midfield player in the summer. We have 5 in midfiled but 4 of those don't have any defensive instinct and the other is not up to the job of playing the holding role. When you see goals like the first 2 you pine for the days of having Robbie Savage in that position. I was never that much of a fan of his at the time but he wouldn't have given the ball away followed by a stupid free kick for the first goal and when the cross did come over he would have made it his business to win the ball rather than making a airy fairy attempt to head it. The 2nd goal was just down to not having a holding player but we let in 2 gaols last week for exactly the same reason so it isn't a surprise. Kean seems to learn nothing. It was obvious that we need to either bring in JJ or someone of his ilk and that we wouldn't survive without but he failed to do that which has turned out to be a disaster for the team.

Maybe the poor form of the team is the least of our problems just now but at least if we weren't facing almost certain relegation the financial black hole would be delayed for a while.

As for Allardyce. He was bringing Hoilett through well enough. He was in the squad most weeks whereas Kean threw him into the front line from day one. Hoilett is an exceptional talent who under the slower steadier tutelage of Allardyce might have made a better effort to stop Ivanovic's cross to Lampard. Who knows?

btw For anybody who hasn't bothered to check Big Sams going great guns in the Championship at the moment.

True. He is a great manager, but if you can't get that West Ham side promoted with all that talent in there, then you may as well pack it in. Miles above most teams in that league.

Kean has had more cash than Sam to spend but I fail to see how our squad is better.. imo it is far worse.

That is simply not true. If you look at his net spending then I don't think he's in the plus.

I do think our squad is too weak though, and that in order to survive in the PL our approach has to be a lot more pragmatic.

Hoilett should take a look at Scott Sinclair and how he tracks back btw, fancy and defensively sound do go together.

Big Sam at Wham.. The club playing with premier league players in the championship. It'd be an embarrassment if he couldnt take them up.

Btw I thought Sam did very well here and I think the job he did is looking better week by week...

In terms of the current squad, the one player we've missed so much this season is Jermaine Jones. Since he left we havent had any sort of presence in midfield.

Big Sam at Wham.. The club playing with premier league players in the championship. It'd be an embarrassment if he couldnt take them up.

Btw I thought Sam did very well here and I think the job he did is looking better week by week...

In terms of the current squad, the one player we've missed so much this season is Jermaine Jones. Since he left we havent had any sort of presence in midfield.

The same player the manager claimed was a £10m player before being unwilling/unable to pay said amount to secure his services long term. Genius.

I have to admit yes we do miss Jermaine Jones from midfield but I don't understand why don't we just bid for him in Jan.? he is what is desperately needed as well as a LB,RB & a striker for a striker I hear Defoe wants to go out on loan in Jan. to keep alive his England chances would definitely be worth asking I still do believe coco needs to go.

That is simply not true. If you look at his net spending then I don't think he's in the plus.

I do think our squad is too weak though, and that in order to survive in the PL our approach has to be a lot more pragmatic.

Hoilett should take a look at Scott Sinclair and how he tracks back btw, fancy and defensively sound do go together.

Might want to check before accusing me of making things up.. I am afraid it is true, in comparison to the time that Sam had the differences are HUGE. Overall net spend might be just in the negative (prior to the fees involved for Formica) for Kean but I was making reference to how much Kean has had available in comparison to Sam..

Sam humerously actually spent far less and at the same time made a whole lot more from player sales.

I have to admit yes we do miss Jermaine Jones from midfield but I don't understand why don't we just bid for him in Jan.? he is what is desperately needed as well as a LB,RB & a striker for a striker I hear Defoe wants to go out on loan in Jan. to keep alive his England chances would definitely be worth asking I still do believe coco needs to go.

I don't think moving to us would do that ..

Just thought that I would share 4 videos that I took on Saturday. As you may be aware the tunnel at stoke is right next to the away fans so Keano did get a bit of, ahem, attention from the Rovers fans.

1st Video - Players walking out for Kick off. Start of booing for Kean.

http://yfrog.com/ms3m0z

2nd Video - End of the 1st half (sorry for the orientation of this one...)

http://yfrog.com/nlwn8z

3rd Video - Start of the 2nd half. Short one.

http://yfrog.com/5x9yoz

4th Video - at FT and this is my favourite one. Shows that fans are 100% behind the players and against Kean

http://yfrog.com/5sbb2z

Kean: “We want the fans to be cheering the club, not to be disappointed or negative and the only way they can become positive is by us winning.

"That is our job to make sure they go home happy and obviously they haven’t because we have lost an away game." 8 times already this season and heading for relegation.

Archived