BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] STOKE away

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definately against

Birdy called me a @#/? last season because i was calling the Venkys rude names.I was having a Prince Phillip style rant tho :rolleyes:

It has all ended up looking abit of a mess just like an Indian fusebox.

I only just listened to the post match Kean interview. He seems to be completely deluded.

He is, the bloke is completely in la-la land. He's managed a team that has won 6 out of 37 and he thinks each game we've lost has been unlucky.

JFHC, he is so far from reality that I want a pint of whatever he is on.

Never heard of George Carlin before. Very funny though. Just watched him taking about religion as well. Great stuff.

Shame he is dead mind :(

That dirty looking brother with stupid hair under his nose wanted results results after the Toffees match. It´s been 3 months now and we have a one result and a pay rise rewarded ball boy from the training ground. Behind cry you have to laugh, atleast sarcasticly. No doubt they do have a business mind when it comes to chicken but how the hell could Indians know anything about running a football club. When they see a cow they are on their knees. Wonder if the boldie was a cow in his previous life? Watch out Leeds, Rovers will beat you. We might not come as high as you did but will sink even lower than you did.

• Backroom

Listening to Kean's version of events throughout the season so far, in terms of post-match interviews, we'd surely have won practically every match, maybe drawn a couple? He never, ever thinks we deserve to lose and will never criticize any of the players. Even the best managers will admit that sometimes their teams have off days, or overall form isn't good enough. As far as Kean is concerned we're doing great, he keeps talking about "what we're building towards" (I can only assume he means relegation and liquidation, in which case he has every reason to be positive) and tells bare-faced lies (we peppered Stoke's goal, did we Steve?) to support his crack-pot theories.

Meanwhile, journalists are rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of Rovers going down and West Ham coming up, and so keep their mouths shut and refuse to question Kean further despite the fact his comments are quite obviously verging on the insane. It is otherwise unexplainable how the press can continue to support this tactically-inept smirking sack of... I'll give the swear filter a break, not even sure what my point is to be honest. Just so, so despondent and cannot believe so many pundits (shamefully including a number of our ex players) continue to back the man who is destined to play a huge part in completely destroying everything Uncle Jack built.

That was dire. If you can't keep possession you can't do jack. Wigan getting 3 points puts us even deeper in the brown stuff. Kean's post-match inties are beyond cringe-inducing at this stage.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable "I got a fax of an email of a text from a friend of a friend of 2nd cousin who never waffles or fibs, and something big is happening on blah blah blah..."

Whats worse is I'll be one of many who clicks back to check for updates on such a rumour! Clinging to shards of fragments of particles of whatever miniscule cause for hope there is left.

What I cannot fathom is that the majority of media punditry would paint SK as a victim. Objective analysis my ring. Truly sick of this now.

pundits dont care about rovers, they would rather not have us in the premier league despite being it in all but 2 years, they back kean because they dont know what is really happening, its a case of football boys sticking together. To be honest i couldnt give a toss what outsiders think, they havent a clue and even if they did find out they would probably brush it off.

Took a break for a couple of weeks due to real life and being utterly depressed about the situation at Rovers.. came back and nothing has changed.. it is scary that it is the same stuff that has been talked about since the summer transfer window.

No bite, no organisaton, no balance, limiited experience, no leadership, no scorer, no management and no backup...

It is hard to state how things can be fixed now... many of our players have now had two or more injuries this season which is a bad sign for morale all round, our shiny summer signings with the exception of maybe Dann and the Yak are abysmal or not even given a chance and the whole squad just feels wrong.

I don't think many people can argue that Dunn, Grella, Nelsen, Salgado and co are on their last legs as PL players, I don't think that many people can argue that Nzonzi and Peders have ever been consistent players and I there are now so few people supporting Kean that Venkys have to act.

The bench was up there with the worst I have seen at Rovers 1 kid to cover defence, 3 misfiring strikers who hardly ever score, a foreign kid who simply has not settled and maybe never will and the elusive Simon who can't get a game because he is our 4th choice in the hole player... and everyone knows you have to play 3 in the hole players per game.

Sad thing is we are now half way through a run of easier games with very little to show from it, once the Bolton match is over we are back to playing the big boys.

I apologise for my ramblings yesterday. Too much red wine! :blush:

Red, red wine

Goes to my head

Makes me forget that I

Need Kean to go

Red, red wine

It`s up to Rao

All I can do I`ve done

He just won`t go

He just won`t go

I just thought that with time

Thoughts of Kean would leave my head

I was wrong, now I find

Just one thing makes me forget

Red, red wine

Kean get away from me

Don`t let him stay

It`s tearin` apart

My blue, blue heart

I was wrong now I find

Red, red wine

Kean get away from me

Don`t let him stay

It`s tearin` apart

My blue, blue heart

Red, red wine

Goes to my head

Makes me forget that I

Need Kean to go

Red, red wine

It`s up to Rao

All I can do I`ve done

He just won`t go

He just won`t go

I was wrong, now I find

Red, red wine

Kean get away from me

Don`t let him stay

It`s tearin` apart

My blue, blue heart

I was wrong now I find

Red, red wine

Kean get away from me

Don`t let him stay

It`s tearin` apart

My blue, blue heart

I don't much like Neil Diamond but that version is great.

Thanks for saying sorry Tony, just don't do it again. You chose a bad times to bore the arse off everyone.

Apologies if someone has mentioned this but MOTD flagged Nzonzi's alleged elbow and Shearer said expect a call from the FA. A 3 game ban for Nzonzi is the last thing we need, particularly given his likely replacement, Petro.

I think Nzonzi has become increasingly petulant and cost us that vital first goal yesterday with a needless challenge. Perhaps it's frustration, pressure etc but it's certainly not helping us.

I agree with N'Zonzi's petulance and he's been that way ever since he joined us. However, petulance aside my main gripe with him is that he, like the rest if our soft as sh!t midfield, is that he and the other wasters don't get stuck in. In the commentary they mentioned N'Zonzi was the most booked player in the Premier League. Booked for what? I would suggest unsporting behaviour, shirt tugging, kicking the ball away and stupid facial expressions. He's not going to pick up a yellow for clattering one if his opponents to

stamp his authority on the game.

N'Zonzi and MGP are the slowest and least combative combination in the Premier League. Are we not supposed to be in a relagation battle? Our midfield does not tackle. Our midfield is the slowest in Premier League. They do not support the attack.

All of the above was well and truly on show during what was a pathetic excuse for a game if football.

We are woeful.

sickening, and they seem to add up...

They dont appear to add up at all. The fact that Kean was here way before Venky's/Kentaro arrived pretty much torpedoes all of those conspiracy stories.

Yesterday we were bad. I could accept playing well but losing to far better sides (Chelsea/Spurs/City) on the basis that when it came to playing beatable teams (Wigan/Stoke), we had to get results. We've now failed to beat Wolves, Norwich, Wigan, Stoke, Fulham and QPR. That is nowhere near good enough for a squad that is stronger then any of the squads we had under Allardyce. Kean has had his chance and he's blown it. Get him out.

They dont appear to add up at all. The fact that Kean was here way before Venky's/Kentaro arrived pretty much torpedoes all of those conspiracy stories.

Yesterday we were bad. I could accept playing well but losing to far better sides (Chelsea/Spurs/City) on the basis that when it came to playing beatable teams (Wigan/Stoke), we had to get results. We've now failed to beat Wolves, Norwich, Wigan, Stoke, Fulham and QPR. That is nowhere near good enough for a squad that is stronger then any of the squads we had under Allardyce. Kean has had his chance and he's blown it. Get him out.

Kean is an opportunist.

Why does the fact he was here before the buyout matter? I've heard a few things before about him having been "in" on the buyout before and also about him allegedly having some kind of share in the club. He's a nasty piece of work and all those who have supported him or celebrated Allardyce going should be ashamed...

Results don't suggest squad any stronger and I personally don't think so. IMV, out of all Kean's signings, only Yak and, occasionally, Rochina are working out.

Kean is certainly, IMV, not fit to lace the great man's shoes (and I call Sam that based on his record and what a cracking job he's doing @ WHAM).

Archived