BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] STOKE away

as everyone knows I'm a massive fan of Denver broncos and I use a forum not to dissimilar to this one and I WOULDN'T dream of telling local fans what to do or say!

Sorry ABBEY. I would never dream of telling you what to do or say. I would, however, reserve the right to disagree with you. That's OK isn't it?

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BACK the TEAM hate STEVE KEAN

footage of the fans after the game

http://yfrog.com/5sbb2z

Well done for posting that.

I hope that all those, and you know who you are, who say that protests don't support the team take time out of their very busy ''anti-protest posting'' schedule to take a look at it. Probably the closest you've ever been to REAL Rovers fans.

Steve Kean has no idea what to do after he selects a startiing 11. No plan B nothing. MGP was abysmal today, his day was summed up with his terrible corner he took which lead for there 2nd goal. Vuckevic is on the bench and he could have easily come on for MGP or Hoillet, Hoillet had a poor game, kept trying to beat people and getting tackled. For 5 in midfield there was not much width was pretty much give it to yakubu he held it up superbly today but not much support and when he did get the support we lacked quality with the ball. For me Rochina needs to be more forward, pretty muich our 2nd striker, wasted out wide he drifts inside all the time, he seems lethal in front of goal stick him up there with the Yak. Then when things are not going well he uses the only card he knows, Jason Roberts. I had no problem with Roberts coming on just un happy that it was the same old idea he has, roberts for a midfielder, when it should of been at least a double change needed, for me MGP, or hoillet, Formica died out, so could have made at least 2 substitutions. 3-1 down things arent working he has 2 subs at his disposal yet doesnt change anyhting up, seems he may not have trust in the players he bought in that were on the bench. Grant Hanley needs to either be sold or go on loan, he is know where near good enough for the premiership yet, couldnt even deal with a route 1 ball over the top for the 3rd goal. Ye we played well in bits and bobs, but when your team cant defend you wont win matches. The 1st thing that gets sorted out is the defence, makes you wonder what they work on in training during the week, because it sure as hell shows Kean is picking up his new big pay packet and not working hard enough on earning it.

yeah I agree paulb Roberts is not an ideal impact sub to bring on but the point I was trying to make is when you bring subs on with 10mins left is too late he should be bringing on subs 50-55mins. That grin makes me mad every time I see his grin I am tempted to throw something at the tv or give him a slap it;s just so infuriating.

Can anyone who actually went tell us what the atmosphere / reaction amongst the away support was ? As fas as I am aware there's a lot of discussion about what the fans reaction to Kean and the players were judging from the TV.

The protests just don't help, especially if they are staged and organised before the match has even begun.

EVERYONE knows we're in a really bad position right now and it is extremely worrying, this includes the owners. All the protests are doing are just drilling the same message over and over again, but more as an annoyance than a reminder.

Can anyone honestly look at the actions of the protesters and say 100% that the constant negative chanting had ZERO effect on the players? Not to mention that NO ONE has shown even a degree of respect or support for a single player in the squad. Are there any chants for Rochina? Are there any chants for Hoilett? Are there any chants for Givet? The only chants that I've read about being heard are "we want our Rovers back", "Kean Out" and "there's only one Jack Walker"... so where does the CURRENT team fit into all this? Nowhere, apparrently, because as people have demonstrated on here time and time again, they want the team humiliated and replaced, along with the manager.

I was completely in support of the original protest to make the owners aware we weren't happy at all with goings on, but it started going too far a long time ago. After false allegations started being laid against the owners about dodgy dealings that would get us docked points and asset stripping, it just killed it for me. What was genuine concern and unhappiness transformed into an agenda at that point and it has turned me off ever since.

If you look at my posts before then, I was as furious about the whole situation as anyone is now, but now I'm just really tired of it all.

I don't think the owners are blameless in this at all because they have allowed this situation to fester for so long and have really failed to address it adequately, even though I can in some ways understand why they have found it this hard to manage. However, their decision to ignore this tension in the fanbase and attempt to shrug it off as something minor was just plain stupid and they need to do more.

I am hoping that this will be breaking point and Kean will be sacked now, but I think the issue of replacement will remain a pertinent one.

I'll add that, I am completely for booing and protesting when we're doing ###### and we're 2-0 or 3-0 down, but not as a pre-meditated thing because I don't see how it can possibly help or work or have any sort of positive effect other than make the people doing the protesting feel at ease.

Also, I think the whole "it's ok to protest because we wouldn't have won anyway" is a really weak and lame excuse.

This is just my opinion and I hope people can accept and respect it. I'm not "telling" people how to act or feel, I am just questioning the effectiveness of the continued protests and have genuine concern for the time and effort people are putting into them when these can be spent on their friends and family instead.

You have no Idea of feeling thru the town!!!

Well done for posting that.

I hope that all those, and you know who you are, who say that protests don't support the team take time out of their very busy ''anti-protest posting'' schedule to take a look at it. Probably the closest you've ever been to REAL Rovers fans.

could rate me....lol

would rather people ringing in to 5 live were constructive and not aggresive so they can get the point across.

i don`t think they were aggresive, one said he thought it was wrong that roberts was on a phone in after a defeat and then asked if the players were behind kean and he was cut off

as soon as one asked if the players are behind kean they was off....typical bbc

I liked the fact that the caller named Michael asked Jason why he was fit to come on the radio show after such an embarrassing defeat. Jason then asked him whether he did not think he was professional enough to work hard on the training ground and do the radio job. The guy said he should not be on the radion AND his manager shoud not let him come on. Five live went quickly to upton park!

The man is a nutter.

Smirks at 0:36 seconds - what is he smirking about?

He says we had 15 attempts on goal, 10 on target, which was actually 6 on target. And he says we were still in the game, still creating chances??

I feel like blowing my brains out listening to him!!

Do I believe that the fans supporting the team for 90 minutes makes a difference? - absolutely. If not, what's the point?

Can anyone who actually went tell us what the atmosphere / reaction amongst the away support was ? As fas as I am aware there's a lot of discussion about what the fans reaction to Kean and the players were judging from the TV.

Well I was there and the backing for the team was good. Plenty of singing for the players (even some new Nzonzi song!) and Rovers. But of course lots of songs against Kean and Venkys.

The end was the telling part - Kean was at the corner before all the players. Booing and chanting all around, and he didn't even look at the direction of the Rovers fans - pretending there was sommat interesting sat in the Stoke fans. The players followed and got applause. they responded back. I think the players and Kean know exactly what the fans thing, it is just that Kean is a turd and will twist things all he can.

LOVE ROVERS AND HATE STEVE KEAN!!!!!

This video from someone on twitter shows it perfectly - http://yfrog.com/5sbb2z

Just sent this to BBC 5 live ref 606..

Shame on you for cutting off the two Blackburn Rovers fans tonight just as they were trying to get their points across about how Steve Kean is destroying the club and sending us towards oblivion. I think you need to rethink your policy of having players like Jason Roberts on the show who still play for clubs that fans care deeply about and have a right to call up and talk about. Clearly co-presenters like Roberts are going to feel uncomfortable talking to fans that are criticising their current manager and the performance of the team.

This means that we are disadvantaged being able to really tell it like it is about the awful state our club is in. We are not a big club in premiership terms but by now I would have though even the BBC would have started to take more interest in how the owners and Steve Kean are both presiding over a systematic destruction of Rovers as a credible football club both on and off the pitch.

Supporters are rightly very upset now but there seems to be no way to raise awareness in the national media to at least embarrass the owners in to taking action. The BBC seems to be as disinterested as the national papers are, and strangely still seem to see Kean as somehow unlucky, or the victim in all this, despite having won only one game so far this season and having the worst win ratio of any Rovers manager since we were in the premier league. On the few chances that present themselves to raise awareness of this e.g. 606 we are then given short shrift by you so as to avoid making Jason squirm in his seat as they start to touch upon the truth of an appalling situation.

You could have allocated the time to really explore the situation but instead took the easy option of cutting the fans off mid flow.

Errrr..................so I have to live in Blackburn to have any credibility? Maybe this should be a condition of membership of the site?

That's not what I was saying and you know it. I was saying you're not going to have any credibility giving your opinion on the crowd when you don't actually go to games. Your observations are can only be based on online reports, the radio, the club/Kean, and what you see on the television.

So yes I'm saying your observations are less valuable than people who actually go to games and sit there for several hours hearing and seeing what happens.

Can anyone honestly look at the actions of the protesters and say 100% that the constant negative chanting had ZERO effect on the players? Not to mention that NO ONE has shown even a degree of respect or support for a single player in the squad. Are there any chants for Rochina? Are there any chants for Hoilett? Are there any chants for Givet? The only chants that I've read about being heard are "we want our Rovers back", "Kean Out" and "there's only one Jack Walker"... so where does the CURRENT team fit into all this? Nowhere, apparrently, because as people have demonstrated on here time and time again, they want the team humiliated and replaced, along with the manager.

I agree with the rest of your post but I have to say that there are chants for Givet during a games. Rovers till I die is another one. N'Zonzi got sang about today. Nay no never.

And I don't see what's wrong with chanting There's Only One Jack Walker.

It's a bit annoying that people are having a go at the fans when there's so many other issues at the moment. It's also not constant negative chanting. And it seems to be people who can't get to the games who are perpetuating this myth and pretty much none of it is directed at the team. That isn't directed totally at you Miker btw.

Archived