BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mauro Formica

patrickvalery

This is such bad business...at least purchase young unproven players and then turn them around for a profit once they have some experience in the league.

Hes in the way and hes not doing it, simply get rid, a bad buy in the first place.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow I cant believe so many people dont rate him.

Apart from the early Everton game, hes had no influence on any game whatsoever this season and with being bottom of the league and no money I'd say its an easy call to move this lad on.

if this guy was in a team of good players he would be awesome.

must be a shame, such a skillful player but with a team of defenders and a goalkeeper that just hump the ball as high and as far over his head as they can every game.

i think hes getting up to speed with the premier league but you will never see his class while the ball isnt at his feet.

One of the only players in the team who you can say gives 100%. Might not have the trickery or skill that Rochina and Hoilet have but at least he can put a foot in which is what you need at a time like this.

Formica a tackler?

Do me a favour Pick.

If we could get our money back on him I'd have no problems with him leaving. He is a luxury player we can ill afford at the moment and I doubt he would be suited to the Championship next season. He always looks industrious but rarely produces an end product. Just one of many disappointing buys by Venkys. Perhaps he could drop Bruno off somewhere on his way back to Argentina.

Technically very good but with the role he is asked to play he should be exerting some sort of influence on the game and it's tempo and I'm afraid he just doesn't.

Seems like a good footballer but he just doesn't have the authority at this level.

A couple of million and he can be off as far as I'm concerned. Only question is, do Argentinian clubs have the finances to take him back?

Stupid to let him go, if we have the choice.

He's 23, moved to a cold, strange country with an entirely new style of play. He started very brightly, but he's struggled.

He's almost certainly struggled because of the truly poor standards of training. I've never seen a Rovers side look as knackered at the end of a game as we have this season.

If he isn't being trained hard enough, he's not going to learn. It doesn't mean that he won't learn, though.

If its true he wants to move it is yet another player who wants out. Come THIS transfer window we could lose all our best players never mind IF we get relegated. If it is true I think what he has said may be a polite excuse to jump ship before it sinks.

We was already in trouble but who will be the next person to go we've already heard Salgado is going or gone, Dunn could go, Junior won't sign a contract so he's probably going, if Spurs come in for Samba then it will be hard to say No so he'll go. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost a few more. On season tickets it should have printed on it "Strap In, hold on tight and don't look down as IT's A BIG DROP!"

Who would? Aside from maybe... Yakubu.

Good question. Samba? Possibly Robinson? Givet maybe? Perhaps Olssen? Hoilett for sure.

When you consider that many of our fans reckon we have a squad capable of finishing half way up this league, you wonder where the players to make that happen, actually are.

Good question. Samba? Possibly Robinson? Givet maybe? Perhaps Olssen? Hoilett for sure.

When you consider that many of our fans reckon we have a squad capable of finishing half way up this league, you wonder where the players to make that happen, actually are.

What I mean is Den, how many are actually playing at the top of their game?

And how much of that is attributable to our gem of a manager?

I actually saw Formica in the Trafford Centre earlier today, he walked right past me with a couple of friends.

He looked fairly miserable to be honest! Not sure what the weather is like in Argentina at the moment but as it is dismal in Manchester i'm not surprised he wants to go home.

I agree with Den that he does not look anything special. But he does work hard and is technically decent which - due to the poor quality of our squad at the moment - makes him important to us. Take him out of the team and who do we put in there? Hoilett is going to leave, Vukcevic seems a decent shout but for some reason Kean won't play him (even when Formica has played 90 mins two days earlier...).

I'd sell him, but only if we could use the money on a 'proper' central midfield player.

I agree with Den that he does not look anything special. But he does work hard and is technically decent which - due to the poor quality of our squad at the moment - makes him important to us. Take him out of the team and who do we put in there? Hoilett is going to leave, Vukcevic seems a decent shout but for some reason Kean won't play him (even when Formica has played 90 mins two days earlier...).

I'd sell him, but only if we could use the money on a 'proper' central midfield player.

I'd sell him to bring in a quality right winger.

Archived