BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mauro Formica

patrickvalery

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If true, then just where did the missing millions go?

Maybe there was some other agent involved in the process somewhere?

For example, I've heard it said that some players have multiple agents, or multiple agents claiming to represent them. Or, if this rumour of third party ownership is correct, there is the agent for the third party. If these kind of situations are true there could be lots of agents with their fingers in the pie.

Maybe there was some other agent involved in the process somewhere?

For example, I've heard it said that some players have multiple agents, or multiple agents claiming to represent them. Or, if this rumour of third party ownership is correct, there is the agent for the third party. If these kind of situations are true there could be lots of agents with their fingers in the pie.

One reason for multiple agents is that they all work for a particular Agency i.e there is more than one agent working on behalf of that agency.

Have to take your word for it but was the original move not blocked by the PL for those reasons, it was allegedly sorted, then allowed, Strange!

My word? No it was just a question.

Im wondering if they have been found out...perhaps he never got rid of his 3rd party owners totally

If true, then just where did the missing millions go?

If you look at the latest accounts there was a very substantial amount of money owed on transfers in 2010 (pre Venkys) I can't remember the exact figure but it was circa £10m. This was drastically reduced in the 2011 column (post Venkys?) - eg. paid out. I can't get my head around why an experienced accountant wouldn't draw reference to that and suggest that the money has simply disappeared...maybe it just doesn't fit the plot I suppose ;)

My word? No it was just a question.

Im wondering if they have been found out...perhaps he never got rid of his 3rd party owners totally

Must admit was wondering the same, we do know he had third party owners before signing for us but somehow it got sorted.. thought it was very very odd at the time. But to shift a first team player for less than we bought him for just a year after signing him and just after he seems to of got used to the premier league.

Saying that if it is a swap and we can get Caceras if Formica goes then I would be happy, we def need a defensive midielder more than a right sided/in the hole type player and we do have jnr, Rochina, simon et al who can play in those positions.

PS why do we have a Manchester United fan iPad add advertised lol..

• 4 months later...

Time for a bump, some slating the lad got on here around mid season.

With Hoilett almost out the door, played in his true position '10' IMO imperative we keep hold of him.

I could see 10+ goals from him in the N Power.

I'm sure i saw some reports recently that he's off to Italy. Although it was in Italian and there is every chance i got the wrong end of the stick.

Edit - Scrap that. It was an Italian article linking him to West Brom.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=355506

Considering they haven't appointed a new manager i guess its probably rubbish anyway.

With Hoilett almost out the door, played in his true position '10' IMO imperative we keep hold of him.

Yeah I will second that mate, would make a great little player if players in his correct position, we know he has an eye for goal, can pass and cross and importantly works his socks off but has not yet played in his correct position. Interestingly he was also in the top 5 in the UK when it came to successful tackles at nearly 90%.

Yeah I will second that mate, would make a great little player if players in his correct position, we know he has an eye for goal, can pass and cross and importantly works his socks off but has not yet played in his correct position. Interestingly he was also in the top 5 in the UK when it came to successful tackles at nearly 90%.

Anyone feel that playing him off Rochina would work wonders?

Rochina for me is the player with the most potential (ignoring Hoilett who is guaranteed off). He is another one who has always been played out of position. His natural position is behind a striker. On the wing he beats his man then has a long way to goal so he continues running and is perceived as selfish. As a support striker he would be forced to pass, shoot or dribble a bit and then do one of the first two. He has demonstrated his shooting ability and his eye for a pass as well as his deft touches and skills etc. You can see why he was a part of the Barca academy. They did want to keep him but he wanted first team football and they wanted that buy-back clause for a reason.

He is the player who I most want, realistically, to stay next season. I watch a fair bit of Championship games, in person and on TV when I can, and I feel he would excel in that league. I would love to keep Formica as well but if I had a choice I would keep Rochina.

According to Kean he is a 'No9' not a 'No10'. Well he said he was the next Batistuta who was defiantly not a playmaker.

Formica is a lttile lightweight for the championship in my eyes, refs wouldn't give him half the decisions he got in the prem.

According to Kean he is a 'No9' not a 'No10'. Well he said he was the next Batistuta who was defiantly not a playmaker.

Formica is a lttile lightweight for the championship in my eyes, refs wouldn't give him half the decisions he got in the prem.

Yeah I remember him saying that. Tim Vickery on TS basically said that was a load of rubbish too!!

Can't blame him if he wants out. LT says he's been trying to contact the owners for 3 weeks and got nothing.

Can't be right, they are usually the responsive types.

Maybe not ringing the people who actually make the decisions though....

• 3 weeks later...

They were interested in him before he came to us, but I've not seen anything to suggest that they have come back in for him. It would certainly seem unlikely that he was sold three days ago and that the only 'source' reporting it is wikipedia.

Archived