BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mauro Formica

patrickvalery

Meanwhile Rovers have turned down a bid from Newell’s Old Boys to secure the return of Argentine midfielder Mauro Formica.

Formica’s former employers were alerted to Formica’s availability after the player himself admitted to wanting to return him, but Rovers will not allow him to leave on a temporary basis.

Formica said: “My agent spoke with the leaders of Blackburn to see if they would let me go on loan. It was a possibility and I got excited a lot.

“But the sporting director told him to sit and talk only if it was a sale.”

It is understood Rovers would allow the 23-year-old to leave if anyone matches their 5million euros valuation.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9450667.Rovers_boss_Kean_in_battle_to_keep_Clement/

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 million euros is fair enough....gets us our original investment back.

Replace with premier league experience please.

But doesnt get us back the millions paid to jerome anderson for supposdly bringing him here,

i dont think we should be selling any 1st team players unless it brings in a big profit(which will be instantly made available for player recruitment), we shouldnt just be giving in to players BS excuses of not being happy here, they where happy to sign long term contracts with high salaries and big signing on fees just 12 months ago, all there really after is another pay day and some nicer weather.

JA said all the players he brought in are worth a lot more than what they were brought in for.. so if Formica cost us £3,5M, then he must be worth £5M+ now.

To quote Mandy Rice-Davies [supporters who watched the game in the 50s & early 60s will remember her; the rest of you Google her! ;)], "Well he would say that, wouldn't he?" :rolleyes:

Btw, that's not to say that, in today's inflated market, I disagree with budha's comment on JA's remark.

JA said all the players he brought in are worth a lot more than what they were brought in for.. so if Formica cost us £3,5M, then he must be worth £5M+ now.

Thats funny as we are struggling to get what we paid for formica, we have had 2 offers one to loan and one at £2.5 million. JA is talking bull again.

Not that its worth anything, but my personal opinion is that Mauro is worth hanging on to. Agreed, he hasn't reached his potential, but he has shown flashes of magic that shows that given the right environment, he could be a top player. I would make the same comment about Ruben Rochina.

Unfortunately, these guys are all playing in a toxic environment at the moment, with erratic and often lacklustre performances around them by Peddo, Junior and N'Zonzi, who need to either improve their tackling, or make way for some more solid workhorses.

My opinion is that we are better off offloading players that have shown little potential, or were poor signings (thanks Coco), such as Petrovic, and some of the older guys who are absorbing wages at a rate but can't play at EPL level any more, we should be offering up free, like Roberts, Grella, Salgado.

Not that its worth anything, but my personal opinion is that Mauro is worth hanging on to. Agreed, he hasn't reached his potential, but he has shown flashes of magic that shows that given the right environment, he could be a top player. I would make the same comment about Ruben Rochina.

Unfortunately, these guys are all playing in a toxic environment at the moment, with erratic and often lacklustre performances around them by Peddo, Junior and N'Zonzi, who need to either improve their tackling, or make way for some more solid workhorses.

My opinion is that we are better off offloading players that have shown little potential, or were poor signings (thanks Coco), such as Petrovic, and some of the older guys who are absorbing wages at a rate but can't play at EPL level any more, we should be offering up free, like Roberts, Grella, Salgado.

it's not a question though of who we'd be better off getting rid of but who we can sell for a decentish amount - not necessarily what they are really worth but an amount that will shut the bank up for the moment, if i read the situation correctly

Works hard and has decent skill. Not one that we should be looking to ship out, but if the right offer came in it would be ok. Our midfield is fairly threadbare though, so if he was to go we would have to sell knowing that two or three others were coming in and I cannot imagine that this is the case.

Tries hard and shows glimpses. At times ineffectual. That doesn't mean he will stay like this forever.

If he was homesick and desperately wanted to leave and we received a good offer then he is somebody we could afford to lose, but I feel leaving it until the summer would be a safer strategy from the club. He does appear to have a little creation and can win set pieces in threatening positions, something which could be vital as the season rolls on.

Put an extra £1m on his price tag. Fabulous little player if you ask me, just doesn't get enough support from his teammates.

I think Formica has received alot of unfair criticism off this board.

You have to remember he's an attacking midfielder playing in a a shocking team. People have rightly pointed out that if he was put in a good team he would be alot more effective.

The quality was their for all to see today, taking a half volley on his left foot proved he's got technique. Everyone seems to be willing to praise Hoilett left, right and centre but he's been woeful recently and i don't see him receiving anywhere near the criticism.

Get off his back and give the lad a chance.

Always runs his socks off, but has looked a little lightweight for the Prem until today when I thought he put in a superb performance after coming on snapping away at the opposition defence and scoring a great goal.

If he can keep that level up he'd be a real asset. Some very unfair comments on this thread as well about Petrovic who I think looks a very promising player in the making, if he can just get a run of games under his belt.

I still like him, just like him even more. KEEP KEEP KEEP. We need our squad adding to not taking away (apart from grellas and roberts) we struggle as it is we need to get rid of some of the deadwood and ageing players with contract problems. A club like ours needs strength in numbers.

We are struggling to handle the injuries.

Formica is a player we can build the team around. If we can add to the midfield and give him a more free role he could be the perfect link to attack. He doesn't mind putting a tackle in himself either too which is typical of an Argentinian. It is plain as day that all we need is a bloke in the middle ala J Jones and NZonzi will do the rest. Formica and Rochina can share the creative workload.

I think Formica has received alot of unfair criticism off this board.

You have to remember he's an attacking midfielder playing in a a shocking team. People have rightly pointed out that if he was put in a good team he would be alot more effective.

The quality was their for all to see today, taking a half volley on his left foot proved he's got technique. Everyone seems to be willing to praise Hoilett left, right and centre but he's been woeful recently and i don't see him receiving anywhere near the criticism.

Get off his back and give the lad a chance.

Formica has over the last couple of months, shown much more to his game, he reads the game well but he was so lightweight when he came, he could beat a man but hadnt got the accelleration to get away from him, now, he looks much stronger, works back more and has added a yard to his pace!!

Archived