BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mauro Formica

patrickvalery

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'd be no great loss if he left the club.

not sure why your comments been marked down, I also dont think he would be a huge loss, hes hit and mioss for me, hes ok but theres something about him that I cant work out, hes ok but not a player thats a must on the team sheet every week, for me rochina should be playing in his role behind the striker or just be an out and out striker with the Yak.

I do believe tho that Formica could be the new david dunn from what I have seen just needs more time I suppose, but if we were to make a couple million off him in jauary I would not be too downheartened.

GIVE THE LAD A CHANCE. What is it with our fans and turning on/booing our own players.

Support the team!

Funny, I havent come any boos to players since Keith left.

If we will make money he will be sold, its the venkys way

While he hasn't really done much in his first year it does look like he is improving and getting to grips with things. It would be a shame to let him go. If Hoilett is leaving I would keep him. If, somehow, we can convinve Hoilett to stay then there is an argument to sell Formica and use the cash to buy a proper midfield enforcer.

• Backroom

Not been hugely impressed with him tbh, anonymous in huge chunks of many of our games so far. He's picked up a couple of goals which is a plus, and if he builds on the Swansea performance perhaps he can become an asset. It'll take a lot more than a good performance in a home win against a newly promoted team to convince me he's good enough, though. He just hasn't done enough so far.

Weird how skillful he seemed to be when he first joined and now he's a "grafter".

Another one Kean cant seem to play in his correct position. He should be Rochina's understudy playing in behind the Yak.

He's ok but he lacks something and can't play in the same side as Rochina and Hoilett, who are both clearly better. If we could get our money back for him and the money could be spent on someone to play further back in midfield I would probably do it.

To be honest - that is the main reason I would sell him - we already have numerous players who like to play in the hole behind a main striker. You could potentially add Simon and Dunn to Rochina and Hoilett - if we get our money back (incl the rumoured huge agent fee) then I would let him go and spend the money elsewhere.

To be honest - that is the main reason I would sell him - we already have numerous players who like to play in the hole behind a main striker. You could potentially add Simon and Dunn to Rochina and Hoilett - if we get our money back (incl the rumoured huge agent fee) then I would let him go and spend the money elsewhere.

But Dunn's past it and Hoilett's outta here. We need strength in depth.

Does anyone believe that a. Kean would spend the money wisely? and b. Venky's wouldn't pocket it?

I say keep him.

He'll be on a decent wage that he doesn't really justify so I'd sell and try again with a player more suited.

I reckon he'll be one of our lower earners in the first team, he wouldn't have been on much in Argentina. It'll be a fraction of what Dunn is on.

Not really impressed with Formica, can completely disapear from games. Too lightweight and deceptively slow for me. If we can re-coup money and use it for a RB then I'm all for it.

This lads passing and work rate is top notch, statistcally one of the best passers in the league abd he keeps improving, KEEP AT ALL COST.

We are lacking depth as it is!

letting diouf and emerton was suicide with a team as small and weak as ours. If lowe hadnt stepped up I think we would be firmly rooted to the bottom under kean. with salgado getting zero protection and getting skinned.

The only thing Dunn needs adding to is the transfer list. Behind Yak we should be playing Simon, Rochina and Junior with Nzonzi and another defensive player.

I would like to see Formica given another year or so. We are always told that it can take overseas players a year to adapt and bearing in mind that he is playing in a side at the wrong end of the league Id say that so far he has done 'ok' nothing more. But there have been signs that he could be a decent enough player and he does work hard in games that Ive seen. We are short enough on players as it is and Dunn is finished a player at this level IMO, we may get the final 20 mins out of him but no more.

Give Formica till the end of the season at least and then look at him again.

You haven't heard Roberts being booed on then?

Or Pedersen.

Far too early to judge on Formica. I still want to see him with a run of games in a 4-2-3-1 if we bring in a Jones type player (or Jones) or if the light comes on for Petrovic (who also needs more time).

Archived