BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mauro Formica

patrickvalery

I am currently of the opinion that no player in the side is being used correctly.. for me Rochina is no winger, Formica has played in how many positions, Petrovic does not seem to know where he is playing and goodwillie on the wing anyone?.. I do not think we can judge any current player while Kean is still in charge.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am currently of the opinion that no player in the side is being used correctly.. for me Rochina is no winger, Formica has played in how many positions, Petrovic does not seem to know where he is playing and goodwillie on the wing anyone?.. I do not think we can judge any current player while Kean is still in charge.

Mad truth.

If he is willing to take a wage cut of about 90% and we are prepared to write off the fee this could be a gooer. In other words it won't happen as Argentinian football survives by selling players to Europe, not by buying them back a year later. He is very uninspiring though isn't he.

he is a player with a heap of potential, if he is played in the right area of the field and in the correct role he will prosper.

he needs to be playing in behind or up with the Yak to get the best out of him, he has shown a willingness to put himself about too which is great to see and he looks a better player now than he was when he arrived!

I really like the way he closes down players, and his anticipation is really good.His passing is amongst the best in the squad, however he lacks the speed to play behind the already slow Yakubu.

I think he could do a job beside N'zonzi and ask him to dictate the play from a central midfield position, pretty much where pedersen is playing now.

N'zonzi Formica

Rochina Hoilett Simon

Yakubu

I really like the way he closes down players, and his anticipation is really good.His passing is amongst the best in the squad, however he lacks the speed to play behind the already slow Yakubu.

I think he could do a job beside N'zonzi and ask him to dictate the play from a central midfield position, pretty much where pedersen is playing now.

N'zonzi Formica

Rochina Hoilett Simon

Yakubu

He's far too slight for that.

N'zonzi Formica

Rochina Hoilett Simon

Yakubu

I don't think this is the best midfield, going forward it looks great but who will battle in th middle?

Its very light weight and very small.

I think that the guy has potential and if he were playing in a better side, would really be showing his ability. I've been impressed with his willingness to work hard and put a shift in for the team. We see glimpses of his skill and ability in games, whether it be his first touch, a pass or how he goes around a man. But there needs to be more of this from him in a game and not just an odd cameo here and there.

Another player not good enough for this league IMO.

On very rare occassions during a game he'll look like he has a bit of style about him. However, the man playing in the hole behind the lone striker has got to be someone special. Look at your Bergkamps, Cantonas, Zolas, Silvas etc. They have to be creative and they have to be superb passers of the ball and they have to be involved in everything the team does. If they aren't, then because defensively they aren't involved as others are, then they have nothing to offer. Work rate just isn't enough for a player in this position.

So, to me he's not good enough for that job and I don't see him in any other position either.

I wouldn't want to play in the hole with 38% possession at home. Our midfield isn't the best so he can't link up much with them either. He's none of the above mentioned names, but he does look to have some potential. Besides, he's been asked to fill various roles and always puts in a good shift. I'm not sure we have the luxury to play anyone in the hole to be honest, it does require a different style of football and the ability to dictate games.

I wouldn't want to play in the hole with 38% possession at home.

The man in the hole is there to give us posession, isn't he? You know, demand the ball, pass and move, demand it back - just as Silva does for Man City. I know he's not Silva, but gaining posession and linking up with the striker is the whole point.

The 38% posession stat surely, at the very least, partially reflects on Formica's lack of any real influence on the game.

Sorry Den, but even Tugay would look like a mediocre player in this team. Other than not having a strong starting XI, we're poorly organised and severely lack confidence - I think pointing fingers at Formica is a bit over the top.

I'm not pointing fingers Torgier, so please don't argue that I'm blaming him for results. We're discussing Formica. You're basically saying the reason why Formica hasn't been playing well, is down to the rest of the team. I disagree. He's done nothing yet. He doesn't open up defences, he offers nothing when the opposition has the ball, nor does he score goals.

Oh and Tugay has talent. Far more than Formica has. Highlighting Tugay simply adds to the point of what's needed in this league. It's because we've lost players like Tugay and replaced them with the likes of Formica, that's causing us problems.

I'm saying it's difficult to spot a quality player in this team, even Hoilett gets on the ball so little. He has to come too deep in order to get the ball because we're unable to transport it along the ground through midfield, which according to Kean, is the way we're trying to play. So when we actually get a decent manager who can field a balanced side consisting of Premier League players, I believe Formica can be a starter and do well. You obviously don't - fair enough.

not sure why your comments been marked down, I also dont think he would be a huge loss, hes hit and mioss for me, hes ok but theres something about him that I cant work out, hes ok but not a player thats a must on the team sheet every week, for me rochina should be playing in his role behind the striker or just be an out and out striker with the Yak.

I do believe tho that Formica could be the new david dunn from what I have seen just needs more time I suppose, but if we were to make a couple million off him in jauary I would not be too downheartened.

Any similarity is purely coincidental , he is not fit too lace Dunns boots ...

I'd take formica over david "get real" dunn anyday.

[/quote

Well we will see how his career progresses ,Dunn has underachieved with his talent ..Formica is playing at least 1 division higher than he should be ,,,,Dunn is now finished I agree but he has been a good player for us ...

[/quote

Well we will see how his career progresses ,Dunn has underachieved with his talent ..Formica is playing at least 1 division higher than he should be ,,,,Dunn is now finished I agree but he has been a good player for us ...

I think thats a really good point about Dunn. In know this is the wrong thread but what can i say? I'm a rebel! Dunn for all his below par performances now, has been a good player for us. I remeber him coming through and thinking he was the closest thing to a perfect midfielder i had seen in ages. He was squat and able to look after himself, but had that Gazza like knack of being able to create space for himself going forward. In hindisght his career hasn't been a patch on what it should have been. Its easy to forget just how good he was during his early 20's.

• Backroom

Nixon says we will listen to offers, sounds like he is being hawked around.

Yet this is a guy that starts most games

F

Yep, so who replaces Formica when he leaves? We going to pull another kid out of the academy who isn't ready?

• Backroom

Good !

Regardless of personal opinion on him its just plain wrong that we are willing to accept less than we paid 12 months back for a player in our starting 11

Disgusted

Archived