BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] rovers fan tell rovers owners where they are going wrong

Poor Steve, bet he wouldn't have taken the job if he'd known he'd be running the show on his own.

Where else would he get 1.5M a year? Anyhow he isn't running it---no-one is.

He must know this farce can't go on forever, he'll just milk it while he can.

Speaking of PR, did you see Kean and Agnew thick as thieves in the tunnel yesterday?

Yes, probably working out how they'd spin the positives out of defeat so poor little Stevie looks like the victim of unfortunate decisions, nasty fans etc rahter than the clueless clown he is.

I have it on good authority from one of the people who met Ian Battersby whilst in Pune that he is one of Jerome Anderson's henchmen.

Infact he went so far as to say that Battersby was singing Anderson's praises insisting that he is a victim of bad press and that significantly it was Anderson and his organisation that funded Battersby & Currie's trips out to India so that they could meet Venky's with a view to taking a place on the board of directors at the club.

So lets not start jumping to conclusions that these people are 'superfans' who are going to come riding to our rescue and sort out the mess Venky's have created. These people are well and truly in the Anderson camp.

I have it on good authority from one of the people who met Ian Battersby whilst in Pune that he is one of Jerome Anderson's henchmen.

Infact he went so far as to say that Battersby was singing Anderson's praises insisting that he is a victim of bad press and that significantly it was Anderson and his organisation that funded Battersby & Currie's trips out to India so that they could meet Venky's with a view to taking a place on the board of directors at the club.

So lets not start jumping to conclusions that these people are 'superfans' who are going to come riding to our rescue and sort out the mess Venky's have created. These people are well and truly in the Anderson camp.

Strange one this cos I was also told Andersen was in the meeting with Battersby and the Rao's, although I know Battersby has met someone last week who I 100% trust, and he said Battersby on the board was never discussed

I believe from the conversations I have had that linking Ian Battersby as a henchman for Jerome Anderson is very inaccurate.

Yes Anderson and Ian Battersby were in Pune at the same time when Rovers were there but they were in different hotels. If you are extending that coincidence then Mr and Mrs Roversmum, Steve Pittard, Birdy and the Pune9 are just as liable to be described as Jerome Anderson's henchmen.

You have it on "good authority" that the post you have made is accurate.

I have known one of the people you mention for at least 15 years. I would be very surprised if your suggestion is true.

I don't believe a word of this. Even though I have no evidence etc to counteract it. I just do not believe it.

Even if they had been in the same meeting, does not mean that were on the same side etc.

Sorry. But I don't believe it.

Anyway, who is this authority you refer to?

I'm not going to mention which one of the supporters who went out to Pune it was who told me this, only that the person in question was adamant that Battersby (and presumably Currie too) was in India at the behest of Jerome Anderson, who had paid for their flights and hotel bills for their stay in India.

The supporter I am referring to knows Battersby reasonably well having crossed paths with him many times since childhood, so I doubt this is some kind of fabricated nonsense.

Considering that both Battersby and Currie are successful and wealthy businessmen who both have considerable experience in the football industry, I would be surprised had they not come across Jerome Anderson during their careers and got to know him well.

Philipl - the difference here is that the Pune 9 and the four supporters who went on their own steam are accounted for. The Forum members were invited through the club and the other four follow Rovers everywhere. Currie/Battersby have no involvement with the club and don't follow Rovers everywhere. Nobody really knows what Currie/Battersby were doing in India and were surprised to see them there. I find it highly unlikely that someone within the Venky organisation itself had the ability to identify Currie/Battersby as people they wanted to talk to and then flew them to India on a different flight to the Rovers entourage and kept them in a different hotel. Somebody who knew them as businessmen in the UK and their knowledge of football must have asked them to go out.

I'm not going to mention which one of the supporters who went out to Pune it was who told me this, only that the person in question was adamant that Battersby (and presumably Currie too) was in India at the behest of Jerome Anderson, who had paid for their flights and hotel bills for their stay in India.

The supporter I am referring to knows Battersby reasonably well having crossed paths with him many times since childhood, so I doubt this is some kind of fabricated nonsense.

Considering that both Battersby and Currie are successful and wealthy businessmen who both have considerable experience in the football industry, I would be surprised had they not come across Jerome Anderson during their careers and got to know him well.

Philipl - the difference here is that the Pune 9 and the four supporters who went on their own steam are accounted for. The Forum members were invited through the club and the other four follow Rovers everywhere. Currie/Battersby have no involvement with the club and don't follow Rovers everywhere. Nobody really knows what Currie/Battersby were doing in India and were surprised to see them there. I find it highly unlikely that someone within the Venky organisation itself had the ability to identify Currie/Battersby as people they wanted to talk to and then flew them to India on a different flight to the Rovers entourage and kept them in a different hotel. Somebody who knew them as businessmen in the UK and their knowledge of football must have asked them to go out.

So correct me if I am wrong. Your, I have it on authority has been narrowed down to the pune9 and the other 4. So 13 people. The 4, I believe they were, Mr & Mrs roversmum, birdy, plus whoever.

That leaves the pune9. Many who come on here.

Now it could be possible that.battersby & currie used Anderson to get an introduction to venkys. But does not mean they are doing any business with him.

Please step.forward the pune9 member, who has this ' on.authority information.

It certainly would explain how Ian/Ian managed to side-step the yes-men at the club and get a personal audience with Mrs D. Something that not even our major sponsor got anywhere close to doing.

...and would Anderson set up the meeting if he knew they were going to critise the advice he's given Venkys...I doubt it.

I was under the impression that Mr & Mrs Roversmum received a personal invitation from Balaji Rao to go and meet them in India after they camped outside the Peninsula Hotel during the Hong Kong tournament in the summer. This was the picture I got after witnessing them doing it first hand. As such there were 15 supporters with the Fans Forum members and the four independent travellers.

It is indeed quite plausible that Currie/Battersby approached Anderson in an attempt to make contact with Venky's, although I personally feel it was more likely the other way around. However this does not alter the fact that they have been brought to the table either through or with Jerome Anderson, and from what I have heard were very much singing Anderson's praises whilst in Pune. The suggestion that it was Anderson who paid for them to go out to India and meet the Rao's makes for worrying reading, yet is entirely believable when the entire operation in Pune was paid for out of Balaji's back pocket and not the VH Group funds.

I don't think that the identity of the person who told me this is important at this juncture, and I only brought this information to the table to try and warn people that the presence of Currie/Battersby may not be as positive as first thought.

Archived