BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Two Match Truce

mark

Glen did explain the wall of shame quote. Which I accepted. But I also recall mention about naming and shaming. Anyway it matters not.

Anyway enough of all this. Fans having ago at each other achieves nothing.

I agree there has probable been abuse from all sides of the protest debate. Born out of each persons fustration at the situation the club is in.

On another subject.

There has to be a reason why Mr Battersby has spoken to the LET, now.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And your still at it!!!!, please go and find this quote, as I have never made that statement, and tbh I have better things to do than keep answering your inuendos

Glen, you've done an excellent job.

It's the fence sitters who will have to have a hard look at themselves when the Rovers are relegated, not you and the others who tried.

I appreciate the work you've been doing and have been supportive of nearly all of it. Plane included! I'm especially in favour of a temporary truce largely because of the negative reaction from the booing last week being counter-productive to what we all want to achieve. I completely agree that was a spontaneous reaction and not, directly, in your control.

However;-

As you are a visible figure with regard to the protests a statement from you and Simon goes a long way and I would very much hope that you issue a separate PR (I don't trust the one co-authored with the club will be worded effectively) that for the next two games we desperately need the points and would welcome all efforts to create the most positive match-day atmosphere possible to give the team the best possible opportunity to put in the required performances.

You don't have to tell people what to do, not to protest etc. but an appropriate form of words goes a long way. It's not in anyone's interest for the club to get slagged off in the media over Christmas. To be frank, "I'm just as organiser" doesn't wash with me, even if it's technically true. You have your views, you aren't *just* an impartial observer so the statement is inherently contradictory and it would seem an element of the fanbase prefers to ignore your assertion anyway. A bit of leadership goes a long way in the current vacuum within which that quality is sorely lacking.

I have just spoken with Andy Cryer and he will be doing a piece in tomorrows LET, Regarding the next 2 games, I hope it comes across the right way, and is pretty much what I have said on here

Cheap tickets ;)

Not if you count the travel up. Hotel stay for 2 weeks, etc. Beer is cheaper though.

Anyway. I come up here every December. Sometimes for xmas. Sometimes go back before.

Good time for me to take a break from work I get involved in.

Glen, you've done an excellent job.

It's the fence sitters who will have to have a hard look at themselves when the Rovers are relegated, not you and the others who tried.

So what you are saying is, its either my way or the highway,has it not occurred to you that there is a a lot of fans that don`t boo but do 100% agree with the objectives of the boo boys.I personally believe that negativity will affect the players,they are human regardless of how much they are being paid.All this bickering thats going on is not about the objective but how that can be achieved I don`t have the answers but I do not think we are getting anywhere the way its being done now.The manager has to be replaced and we need another J.W. running the show, that the protesters,supporters and even fence sitters will all agree on,what we don`t all agree on is how achieve this.When or if we get relegated every group is going to blame the other so its a case of damned if you do or damned if you dont.So you know what they say "United we stand divided we fall".

[1] So what you are saying is, its either my way or the highway, has it not occurred to you that there is a a lot of fans that don`t boo but do 100% agree with the objectives of the boo boys.. . . [2] When or if we get relegated every group is going to blame the other so its a case of damned if you do or damned if you dont. [3] So you know what they say "United we stand divided we fall".

1. I am not. I've never said or implied "my way or the highway". I am saying life is about choices. Glen and others made a choice to be active and publicly express their discontent and fight for the club. Others are more passive/quite. That is their choice. I think Glen and others will be able to say they did everything they could. Do you think the others will be comfortable reflecting back on their choices if and when we are relegated?

2. That is true and unavoidable human nature. But I disagree with the "damned if you do and damned if you don't". The club and the fans are on a sinking ship. One set is bailing water, the others are not. One may obtain a positive result (albeit unlikely at this point), the others may benefit but haven't done nothing to change the status quo.

3. Yes. And that cuts both ways. As it stands, the active fans have been far more reasonable, in that they have worked with the club. There are no organized protests for the next two games. The active fans have a flexible decision making process. The others only have a one size fits all response, apparently.

1. I am not. I've never said or implied "my way or the highway". I am saying life is about choices. Glen and others made a choice to be active and publicly express their discontent and fight for the club. Others are more passive/quite. That is their choice. I think Glen and others will be able to say they did everything they could. Do you think the others will be comfortable reflecting back on their choices if and when we are relegated?

2. That is true and unavoidable human nature. But I disagree with the "damned if you do and damned if you don't". The club and the fans are on a sinking ship. One set is bailing water, the others are not. One may obtain a positive result (albeit unlikely at this point), the others may benefit but haven't done nothing to change the status quo.

3. Yes. And that cuts both ways. As it stands, the active fans have been far more reasonable, in that they have worked with the club. There are no organized protests for the next two games. The active fans have a flexible decision making process. The others only have a one size fits all response, apparently.

You reply has only reconfirmed my point its either your way or its wrong.As I have said nothing wrong with protesting but don`t let it affect the game being played.It has a negative influence and will cost us results.This can be construed as bailing water INTO the ship,It will change the status quo but not in a good way.

Ill not be going, not wasting my time traveling to Blackburn till something is sorted out. Season ticket will sit on the shelf, if my brother doesn't want it that is.

By the club actions with regards to banning banners, allowing Kean to try and divide supporters and marginalise those who don't agree with them the club has made me lose my affinity with it. When/if Kean is removed and the club starts behaving in the correct manor ill be back.

Good luck to those who are taking action and protesting, if closer I would join you (as I have previously) but I am not driving 2 hours to support a club that doesn't value its own supporters. For me the next 6 months are probably make or break as to whether I get another season ticket again (after having one for 20+ years. And 5 will go with me) - and its down to how they treat the fans not if we get relegated or not (wouldn't be the first time).

I wonder how many people feel the same way. It would be interesting to do a poll on how many people expect to renew their season tickets next season at present.

Ill not be going, not wasting my time traveling to Blackburn till something is sorted out. Season ticket will sit on the shelf, if my brother doesn't want it that is.

By the club actions with regards to banning banners, allowing Kean to try and divide supporters and marginalise those who don't agree with them the club has made me lose my affinity with it. When/if Kean is removed and the club starts behaving in the correct manor ill be back.

Good luck to those who are taking action and protesting, if closer I would join you (as I have previously) but I am not driving 2 hours to support a club that doesn't value its own supporters. For me the next 6 months are probably make or break as to whether I get another season ticket again (after having one for 20+ years. And 5 will go with me) - and its down to how they treat the fans not if we get relegated or not (wouldn't be the first time).

I wonder how many people feel the same way. It would be interesting to do a poll on how many people expect to renew their season tickets next season at present.

Agree. Can we have a poll please mods based on the current Chicken ownership?

Moppy grow a backbone man! What so called support is that to stay away from games? I will continue to do my bit to help this club stay in the Prem by fully supporting the team. Im not happy when we lose games and I was so depressed last Sunday but I`ll be there on Saturday and next Tuesday cheering the lads on to hopefully 6 points along with my brother and friends who travel from Thirsk and Sheffield every game. Its much better being positive than being dragged down into a pit of depression.

Moppy grow a backbone man! What so called support is that to stay away from games? I will continue to do my bit to help this club stay in the Prem by fully supporting the team. Im not happy when we lose games and I was so depressed last Sunday but I`ll be there on Saturday and next Tuesday cheering the lads on to hopefully 6 points along with my brother and friends who travel from Thirsk and Sheffield every game. Its much better being positive than being dragged down into a pit of depression.

Moppy u are doing the right thing. This support the team nonsense is exactly that,....nonsense. They should be able to play to the same intensity and skill with there being not one supporter there. I think that the team should grow a pair and say something.

Have also said it all along that a boycott would have shifted kean by now, but blind loyalty means that the majority of even the disgruntled supporters can't find it in themselves to not go to ewood for 1 match.

U have to make sacrifices for the greater good.

Some daft things are spouted on here...

A two match truce to stop protests. That's obviously the ORGANISED protests. Fair enough and that's not a bad thing... Somebody needs to clearly differentiate between organised protests and shouts for the managers head when the game has gone to sh#t because of his clownish choices. Booing and calling for the managers head by the vast majority of the crowd isn't generally organised but organic and, frankly, nobody can really control that apart from the (idiot) manager.

If I were there for the next two games, I'd be going to support the team, shouting and encouraging the players and probably giving hell to the ref (as per usual) but if things went wrong because of choices by Kean, he'd get both barrels and deservedly so.

Believe me, a team, ANY team, is very much affected by the fans support or lack of. Anybody who thinks otherwise does not understand human behaviour. You give an employee sh#t constantly and, it doesn't matter how much you pay them, it will affect them badly. You give them encouragement and they will (generally) do better. It doesn't work for shockingly bad employees though (ala Kean).

I am pleased to see that we have moved on from the futility of the Pune trip where an unelected, unrepresentaive small group of fans held semi-secret meetings with the owners and that we now have an unelected, unrepresentative small group of fans holding semi-secret meetings with powerless middle managers at the club.

Archived