BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Two Match Truce

mark

I’d like to suggest that protestors agree to a truce for the Bolton and West Brom games. Two late strikes and a disallowed goal have left us right up the creek. If we don’t get the results we need in the next two home games then it’s pretty much goodbye Premiership because Anfield followed by Old Trafford will leave us rock bottom come January.

So can we put Kean and Venky’s to one side and think only about the blue & white halves and Premiership survival? Surely these games are too crucial to not give the team 100% over the 90 minutes. Booing goals and, as much as I want to, chanting against Kean and Venky’s will not help the team, will it? It’ll just create a tense atmosphere and that will only help the away team.

Can we give it a go? And if after these two games we are screwed, THEN we unleash hell!

Thoughts? It’s gotta be worth a try...

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. It's time for back the team, ignore steve kean for the next game at least. Fair enough protest after, If we lose against the Baggies the roof will come off anyway.

And Agnew or anyone else reading this tell that clown to keep his trap shut and don't do anything to antagonise the fans this time.

I have made my decision to leave my season ticket in the drawer. Won't be going on Saturday or for the foreseeable future. As for the players needing us, how about us needing them to speak up about this sham instead of protecting kean because he everyone's best pal.

Good call.

I think that would help the lads if they know we are behind them 100%.

As much as I hate kean the clown and i think he's not good enough to manage the local cubs team. We need to win these next couple of game or we are done for this season if not for good.

Come on rovers you can we the next couple of gams!

won't be at the game unfortunately due to the wife's inconsiderate employers booking the work Christmas do in Manchester but i agree. Kean is a cretin no doubt about it but for the sake of giving us the best chance possible we need to be concentrating our efforts on motivating the team. I think we'll get hammered in the two away games over xmas so that might signal the end of Kean (yeah right)

Venky's are destroying the club. Look at what they have managed to do in only a year in charge, imagine what we'll be like in another year from now. Every day counts! Another day with these clowns is another day I mourn the death of my club.

Being an overseas supporter I won't be there protesting but I would if I could. We'll be going down either this season or the next if the Venky's + Steve Kean combo stay intact, regardless of the next two games.

My ST ticket is in the Blackburn End but just bought ticket for WBA match in JW lower tier.

I'll be giving the players my full support but i'll be giving Kean hell at halftime and fulltime as i'm sat near the prick.

A friend of mine did the same at the Swansea match and was threatened by a Kean suppporter, well this thug can try the same with me if he likes. He's only just appeared recently so we smell a rat.

not a chance, couldnt give an effing eff about the players when they so blatently side by the manager, theyre as much to blame as that cretin kean, i wont back down, never, doing that will only give the impression that the kean haters are going away, what a naive topic, the players are paid enough money to deal with it, why should we back down for these two games? havent they had long enough to get us out of this mess, KEAN OUT and thats what i will be singing at both games, i might get a lot of minuses for this but i couldnt give a toss!!!

Is this going to miraculously transform Kean into a football manager?

No but it might stop the team from being intimidated to play on their own pitch. And I’m not interested in any “they’re paid too much to be affected” cos unfortunately they’re human.

The atmosphere down Ewood has been hostile since the opening game against Wolves. That's a fact. And have you noticed that we’ve played more yet lost less away from home this season? Could be a coincidence, yes, but I'm willing to shut my fat gob for a couple of games to remind my team that I actually want them to win and see what happens.

For me it's gone beyond Kean and Venky's - I don't give a toss about them. I just want 6 points and the best way I can help is by creating an atmosphere where the players feel supported.

If the pressure is maintained by the protesters across these 2 fixtures and the results don’t come our way – Kean’s time will be up; there will be absolutely no excuses.

However - If the protests and pressure drops off & we lose. The protests will then be received as reactive again and just buy Kean more time.

Pressure must stay on the manager.

If, at the end of the day the protests remove Kean 1,2 or 3 weeks earlier than he would have if they weren’t going on it would be a benefit to the club and a result would have been achieved.

No but it might stop the team from being intimidated to play on their own pitch. And I’m not interested in any “they’re paid too much to be affected” cos unfortunately they’re human.

The atmosphere down Ewood has been hostile since the opening game against Wolves. That's a fact. And have you noticed that we’ve played more yet lost less away from home this season? Could be a coincidence, yes, but I'm willing to shut my fat gob for a couple of games to remind my team that I actually want them to win and see what happens.

For me it's gone beyond Kean and Venky's - I don't give a toss about them. I just want 6 points and the best way I can help is by creating an atmosphere where the players feel supported.

Don't get me wrong I want 6 points but My attitude to Venky's has gone beyond the being able to do nothing now, I could possibly even lay off Kean but Venky's I'm sorry deserve every last bit of abuse and will get it full on, if they are using us to promote their brand I strongly urge everyone to give them what they deserve, vocal pressure on their rule of terror.

The protests haven't affected the players performance, the poorest showings have occured with no protests.

However, as Ive always said, spontaneous rage against City, Wigan etc is the best way. Organised protests can be dismissed as gimmicks by a fringe of lunatics- don't give Kean the chance to divide.

A statement should be released saying 'we are not specifically organising a protest, the manager and owners record speaks for itself, this club will not unite until first Kean and if there are not changes- the owners leave the club, but first things first let's get the 3 points'.

Therefore placating the 'get behind em brigade' but leaving it open for fans to have a go on their own steam, in my opinion more of the waverers will get involved if it's spontaneous.

Some of the senior players have publically backed this clown and this has in turn fed the media who, at times have belittled us and what we are trying to achieve. I have long since resigned myself to relegation so as far as results are concerned they have taken a back seat whilst the focus for me has been on the imposter. That's not to say I want us to lose but I just feel it's more important to do what we can to get shut of him. The only chance we have (in my opinion) of staying up is if we get a new manager in asap.

The emotions will kick in as usual on Saturday and if we do something good or score a goal I will be cheering as I always do but for other parts I will singing anti Kean songs and letting him know that my feelings won't and never will change towards him. If any of the Indians are there I will treat them with the same contempt.

So it's a big no to a truce from me as I can't forgive or forget what has happened over the last year or so.

No but it might stop the team from being intimidated to play on their own pitch.

But our only decent results have come when there were protested...

I agree it would be good to have a positive feeling at Ewood, there are only 2 ways this will be achieved.

Firstly, issue a statement on behalf of fans, stating we will back the team/manager but if we don't win both games, and remain in the bottom 3 we expect Venkys to honour their word and remove the manager due to his appalling results. This puts all the pressure on Venkys for the fortnight.

If kean had the decency to come out and say "Back me for these 2 games and if we don't win them both I'll resign." -

Then a truce would be fair play.

However, given that he's a spineless toad with not a shred of honesty and that I honestly can't see us beating the Baggies - option 2 will never be an option.

Keep booing, the players need to speak up and say they are not going to play for Kean. Only way to resolve this issue, until then the players won't have my support either.

I'm not particularly anti protest, but I'm afraid this is a total pile of nonsense. The players need to say they are not going to play for Kean? How will that work then? They are paid a shed load of money to play for Blackburn Rovers and when have you ever heard a player speak publicly against a manager, let alone refuse to play for one? It isn't going to happen.

Its my birthday today and exactly 12 months to this day I was shocked when I switched on SSN to find out Allardyce had been sacked. I was very optomistic as Venkys had just taken over...........How wrong was I? This has got to be the worse 12 months for not just our club but for any it could have happened to. I wish Kean would resign and Venkys sell up. That would make this birthday my best ever.

Good call.

I think that would help the lads if they know we are behind them 100%.

As much as I hate kean the clown and i think he's not good enough to manage the local cubs team. We need to win these next couple of game or we are done for this season if not for good.

Come on rovers you can we the next couple of gams!

They know we are and they know that this protest is against Kean.

However, apart from a couple of exceptions, they have failed to acknowledge the support in recent away matches - supporters who earn a relative pittance in comparison to these so called 'stars'.

Let's get one thing straight, in the main, they seem to be siding with Kean, who is a loser if you look at his PL record, and they must also therefore share the blame for some woeful performances.

Our club is dying on its feet and it's time these players showed some b@lls one way or the other - either get some feckin points or 'shop' Kean.

Do nothing is not an option.

Guest Rovers4Good

The only thing a truce will do is make Kean and Venky's think we are behind them which we are clearly not.

Booooooooo to the suggestion and Booooooooooooo to Kean and Venky's. :)

P36 W7 D11 L18, 32 points from a possible 108,Thats 12 months of Kean in charge, two game (truce) NO THANKS 100% ROVERS 0% KEAN :angry2:

The stats say it all. Kean is a wally and always will be. Back the players? Yes. Back the tactical ineptitude? No. Protest during the match? What little option is left?

Archived