BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Two Match Truce

mark

No it's not......nothing on Earth is EVER going to do that; as you very well know. But then as you also know that is not what this thread is about. The author of the thread quite clearly stated his intention which was to decare a truce for the next two matches and everyone stop booing and protesting about Venkys and Kean and simply get behind the team 100%.

I personally won't be doing either thing as I will still be carrying out my self imposed boycott of all Rovers matches until this situation is brought to a satisfactory conclusion. I have not attended a single match since the Everton game at Ewood, and my season ticket also stays firmly in the drawer until Kean is sacked. And if only another 20,000 or so would just see the light and stay away from Ewood completely, then the situation would be resolved immediately. It would only take one match to do the trick, but as long as people keep rolling up in numbers, the media and Venkys will all keep assuming that it is just a trouble making minority that is causing all the protests.

Already done it a you know Fife. I will not step foot in Ewood ever again with those chicken chumps in charge. I still pay my Rovers lottery but only because it is a charity and goes to youth development and not a penny to Venky's.

Wrong, wrong, wrong

Fans, my arse!

Over the last 5 years rovers fans have turned into an arrogant, spoilt set of no-marks

Continually slating individuals, from MGP, Andrews, Roberts, Allardyce, shouting 4-4-2 like they are tactical genuises and yes now Kean and Venkys

To be honest I've had enough - the previous home match did it for me

There was a time when supporting your club meant you turned up and shouted for those in your colours nothing peripheral to that mattered

I can understand the frustration breeding from a lack of openness and communication from the owners, but having witnessed the scenes vs Swansea I'm through with it.

Give me a shout when your agendas have been met and we can return to actually being supporters

Chumps

Wake up please Jim and smell that coffee. What agendas btw? The only agenda is removing incompetent lying barstewards.

Kean out

Venkys out

Sack that puppeteer Agnew

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not stating there isn't an issue with our club.

I'm stating that Rovers fans have in the last few years forgotten who we are and where we've come from. It is the sad result of being spoilt by Jack and his trust fund which for good few years kept putting up the cash.

If you were not booing and shouting "4-4-2" to big sam when we already 3-0 up vs Wolves, booing Andrews in the pre-match warm-up, heckling MGP during his bad patch then ok. During this period we had the capable John Williams and Tom Finn at the helm, people who were good for the club and who talked to fans as though they mattered, yet still fans fealt they had the right question everybody who didn't meet their own very high standards.

Alas the vast majority are now reaping what the sowed.

I'm stating that Rovers fans have in the last few years forgotten who we are and where we've come from. It is the sad result of being spoilt by Jack and his trust fund which for good few years kept putting up the cash.

If you were not booing and shouting "4-4-2" to big sam when we already 3-0 up vs Wolves, booing Andrews in the pre-match warm-up, heckling MGP during his bad patch then ok. During this period we had the capable John Williams and Tom Finn at the helm, people who were good for the club and who talked to fans as though they mattered, yet still fans fealt they had the right question everybody who didn't meet their own very high standards.

Wait now on one is saying we need to be playing flowing football or even anything other than a mid table team. The issue is how the supporters (including yourself by the way) are being lied to and how our wonderful club is being destroyed. We, the fans, are all in this together. The players, management and so on couldn't give a toss. If we the fans don't try to protect rovers no one will. Protesting and so on is no ones idea of fun but it is the only means available to the fans to get their points across.

Simple truth is as long as kean is manager the club is doomed on the pitch. There isn't much we can do about the owners but we can make it known that kean must go.

That makes some sense Jim. I never booed Andrews(interesting, and sad that he refuses to return to Rovers), MGP or Big Sam. I have never booed a Rover player but I will damm well demonstrate against Coco and those goons from India.

My Club is now lost on th high seas. No leadership, no direction and the steering gear and engine room in pieces. Yes JW was the messiah but he also left a legacy of Brockhall, a new Ewood and a good management structure with proper governance, the issue is at this is all being cast to the rocks whilst too many watch the drownings taking place saying "not my fault", "what can I do" and cannot see the root cause.....the Venky's.....god that V word makes me want to vomit.

Venky's = Vomit. (out next t-shirt perhaps ?)

It is amazing how blinkered many people on here appear to be.

It is about far more than Premiership survival. In the old days when everything was in order off the pitch...it was merely about survival. Now it is about ridding the club of a degenerative condition known in Latin as Venkyissitic. Does all football end in May? Is this the final season of the Premier League? It isn't? Oh in that case, if we do stay up...we have to go through all this again next season? Delightful! I'm sorry I know that this is a highly controversial view and it is a view that I'm personally contradicting myself on but if we need to be a League 2 side to get back to being owned by people with brains then so be it. I want us to win every game, but as far as I'm concerned the club is horrendously ill and it may never be the same again. It sucks but this kind of thing happens in life and you just have to make the best of it. To say 'Let's pretend everything is okay for two games' is the same as standing on a train track, seeing it approach and then telling each other that there is no need to move...

This. Absolutely this.

I would never be able to bring myself to boo at a Rovers player, and I will sing my heart out for the team, I desperately want the players to win. It is innate and has been part of my life and my psyche for as long as I can remember. But I can't not join in with the protests at Venky's and at Kean. It is letting the club down to give up the fight now.

I don't see the point in small pre/post match protests, they're obviously not going to be the thing that removes Kean.

If they were to step up a level into something that could force Venky's hand - i.e. mass boycott, pitch invasion, something else I'm not creative enough to think of...then it would be worth it.

If all that is going to happen is 'more of the same' then I really don't see the point, and would totally agree with the idea of a truce for these two games.

That's not to belittle the effort that has gone into protesting so far. With any other set of owners those protests would have resulted in action.

That's not to belittle the effort that has gone into protesting so far. With any other set of owners those protests would have resulted in action.

And we Kean comes out and says see I told you it was only 1% they have given up already, due to the number of times we are getting in to the box and they know we have been unlucky in most games?

And we Kean comes out and says see I told you it was only 1% they have given up already, due to the number of times we are getting in to the box and they know we have been unlucky in most games?

It would be infuriating but I don't think it would make the slightest bit of difference to his job security.

The protests, spontaneous or otherwise that we're seeing now are on a whole different level to the minority that booed players in the past. I think you will find that minority exists at every club in the land. You're basically saying we deserve to be punished which is a touch harsh. I don't think you understand the full extent of what's going on at the club. Bolton are at the bottom but in terms of the way the club is being ran, it's on a different level to what we've got at Ewood. I'd go as far as saying that at present we're one of the worst ran clubs in the football league. Do the majority of BRFC fans really deserve that?

Roverwhelmed, good on you and your Mum. I heard her call as I drove down the A1 and she came across very well indeed. Whilst I agree that Green isn't a favourite commentator/pundit, he seems to be one of the few who grasps our situation - I don't remember him interrupting your mum at all to disagree with anything which is hardly the role of a phone-in presenter and says a lot about what she was saying too! Also interesting that a Sunderland fan was put through as well and ended up saying more about how and why he sympathised with Rovers fans than he commented about his own club!

It seems there is a definite undercurrent developing in football circles wondering what the hell is happening at our club. I'm not sure how, but I wonder if this should be the target of choice in the near future.

EDIT - I see you've just removed the part about the call from your post Roverwhelmed. Not sure why, but if you want me to amend my post get in touch via PM.

Exactly booth, the abuse Sam got, Andrews and MGP endured was out of order, but Christ it's incomparable to whet is going on now.

'spoilt' for moaning and groaning over every little thing? '442', 'boo fat slug'.You've probably got a point.

'spoilt' for not accepting this wonderful clubs impending implosion? No way.

I understand the issues I just enjoy my escape from real life for 90 mins every week, the escape from real life pressures - I can cope with the team being ######, but personnaly I hate the fact that we r turning on each other.

I don't rate kean, but he is our manager and we should do all we can to help the team we all care for win matches. If we win matches we will climb up the league, we could stave off relegation, but alas kean n venkys will still be there - what will the protestors do then?

What will the protestors do if the venkys sack kean for some one else?

What will the protectors do if he loses a couple of matches?

We have to come to terms that the venkys own us, now and for the forseeable - so should we not just turned a blind un to them and cheer the team on?

Get back to basics!

If we win matches we will climb up the league we could stave off relegation, but alas Kean and Venkys will still be there

Only one of those two things is possible.

For us to win matches and climb the table, Kean must go.

I'd like to suggest that protestors agree to a truce for the Bolton and West Brom games. Two late strikes and a disallowed goal have left us right up the creek. If we don't get the results we need in the next two home games then it's pretty much goodbye Premiership because Anfield followed by Old Trafford will leave us rock bottom come January.

A shocking second half performance endorsed by ultra-negative tactics from Keano is what has left us right up the creek. We tried supporting all last season and early this season and we kept getting beat. What difference does it make. Kean out and take the chicken prodders with you.

We have to come to terms that the venkys own us, now and for the forseeable - so should we not just turned a blind un to them and cheer the team on?

Get back to basics!

Where has that really overused head in the sand picture gone...?

jim, what a load of tripe, when will rovers climb the table under kean? has he all of a sudden become a football genious? we havent won 2 games back to back since he took charge, i know your talking hypothetical but i could be hypothetical and say he is taking us down, which in my opinion he will do eventually. We arent protesting against some minor misdemeanor, we are talking about owners who have in 12 months ripped our club apart with the help of their circus monkey. I would never have thought about protesting against our previous leaders but it shows how far this club has fallen that it is happening now. To say we are spoiled is ridiculous, we have been through bad times before such as relegation but we knew we would come back because we had a certain uncle jack at the helm who would crawl over broken glass to get us back up there and he did. Under these clowns i cant see us ever coming back up, in fact we would probably be going the opposite direction. We are blackburn rovers fans, not venkys or kean fans and when there is someone threatening the very thing we love, the first reaction is too fight back and we are doing that, why cant you see this? or do you want to sit in your seat at the ground and wear your blinkers and pretend everything is alright? most fans on here want what is best for our club and if that means removing the very source of our discomfort then so be it!!

jim, what a load of tripe, when will rovers climb the table under kean? has he all of a sudden become a football genuious? we havent won 2 games back to back since he took charge

And haven't kept a clean sheet since April. A-P-R-I-L.

But don't worry, weselves are werkin' on it on the trainin' groond.

I understand the issues I just enjoy my escape from real life for 90 mins every week, the escape from real life pressures - I can cope with the team being ######, but personnaly I hate the fact that we r turning on each other.

I don't rate kean, but he is our manager and we should do all we can to help the team we all care for win matches. If we win matches we will climb up the league, we could stave off relegation, but alas kean n venkys will still be there - what will the protestors do then?

What will the protestors do if the venkys sack kean for some one else?

What will the protectors do if he loses a couple of matches?

Get back to basics!

Wow what a WUM post '!!!

I for one will now never ever accept venkys!!!

Is your head up your butt? Can't you see WTF these morons are doing to us???

There won't be a rovers soon to support!!!

I can see both sides of this argument - and I understand that the protesters want to strike while the iron is hot (so to speak).

Personally I didn't think that the protests initially had too great an impact on the players - indeed some of the more committed performances have coincided with protests. But you can't ignore how the match day atmosphere has degenerated recently.

However - I don't want us relegated - drop any points in the next two matches and I fear it is definitely curtains (if not already). IF Glen agreed to a truce for the next two matches, as suggested, for the good of the club and ensured he publicised the fact it would surely have a positive impact on the fans and the players. It would also gain much needed positive publicity for the protests - as well as removing any Kean excuses if it does go pear shaped in the next two matches.

Now - I think we can get results in the next two matches (injuries permitting) inspite of Kean. This would raise expectations - which would be very soundly crushed by defeats at Anfield and Old Trafford - indeed if we defend like we have done recently these could be very embarassing matches for Kean (and unfortunately us fans). Hopefully though this would be enough to remove Kean (though I would have thought our current position enough to have done that already). For me this would be best case scenario - we gain the points we need - and lose matches that we are likely to lose even with a decent manager.

• Backroom

IF Glen agreed to a truce for the next two matches, as suggested, for the good of the club and ensured he publicised the fact it would surely have a positive impact on the fans and the players. It would also gain much needed positive publicity for the protests - as well as removing any Kean excuses if it does go pear shaped in the next two

Herein lies the problem for me.

No disrepect to the man but why would glen have to agree to something?

To me a false idol has been made of a couple of the more visible members of the protesters and now people look at them for what happens next which in turn sees them come up with another forced idea.

I just think its time everyone backed away from the spotlight and just see what happens at the game.

Herein lies the problem for me.

No disrepect to the man but why would glen have to agree to something?

To me a false idol has been made of a couple of the more visible members of the protesters and now people look at them for what happens next which in turn sees them come up with another forced idea.

I just think its time everyone backed away from the spotlight and just see what happens at the game.

But, as you say, they are the visible side of the protest to the media - and if this is going to be publicised it has to be via them. If the cause to get rid of Kean - and make the owners be more transparent in their dealings - is to gain anything from such an action it has to be publicised.

• Backroom

But, as you say, they are the visible side of the protest to the media - and if this is going to be publicised it has to be via them. If the cause to get rid of Kean - and make the owners be more transparent in their dealings - is to gain anything from such an action it has to be publicised.

But by them being publicised week in week out as someone on talksport said its nothing more than white noise now, people protesting at ewood is just business as usual and not something to raise an eyebrow at.

Organised protests have been going on a couple of months now with no end product sadly.

Even more regrettably I don't have the answers which is obviously telling to our current plight

Despite the problem that many don't use the internet, and not all use newspapers. Add to that the LET, does not really print what we ask so you kind of get stuck between a rock and a hard place. However this is what has been acieved so far:

Group sponsor WEC on board fighting the cause, they made first contact with me around 10 weeks ago and forwarded me a copy of their letter to Mrs Desai, MD Came to open supporters meeting at Uncle Jacks

We have held open meeting at Uncle Jacks and got a range of issue's supporters had.

Made direct contact with council and Jack Straw, have spoke to Mr Straw in person, Both council and Mr Straw have been into club and had a meeting

Thousands of emails and letters sent to Balaji, Vineeth Rao, Venkys, Paul Hunt,

Open letter in daily telegraph

had 3 month solid coverage by world papers and national Tv, whilst Sportstonight Tv and Sky done weekly coverage and interviews.

Send at least 3 press releases a week, and from that articles are written interviews done etc

Held (Lost count) Meetings with club,

Held interim supporters meeting with club officials and 8 supporters.

A petition handed in at the club

Got Paul Hunt to do Q/A With Let,

Have secured a meeting with Steve Kean and a group of supporters.

Have secured a supporters meeting with Board of directors and group of supporters.

Have interacted with thousands of fans worldwide, in person, by email and through networking sites. From this put together 70 key questions with have never been asked which will be part of the agenda for the supporters meeting with board. Have put together 33 solutions made up from supporters recommendations which board has said they will listen to and consider.

Had meetings with Paul Hunt and various telephone conversations.

Put together certian concerns with supporting evidence to bring up in meeting which will be independently chaired.

Prob missed loads off, as only 95% of this protest campaign is the leg work and negotiations, no point protesting if you can't get your voice heard, which we have and very quickly. I have had to put up with loads of abuse but the progress the protesters have made is immense, there is quite a lot I have missed off, but this is just a flavour of the work which has been put in to date.

We are happy with the progress we have made as we are just a group of supporters, for over 3 months we have had to put up with sniping, name calling, excuses etc, but we have carried on regardless against the odds, and will continue to do so

Archived