BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Two Match Truce

mark

I think Mattyblue and Arbitro have the right of it.

The protests have not impacted player performance. The protests are very clearly aimed at Kean and, to a lesser extent, Venkys.

What has adversely impacted player performances is Steve Kean. He needs to go.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this going to miraculously transform Kean into a football manager?

No it's not......nothing on Earth is EVER going to do that; as you very well know. But then as you also know that is not what this thread is about. The author of the thread quite clearly stated his intention which was to decare a truce for the next two matches and everyone stop booing and protesting about Venkys and Kean and simply get behind the team 100%.

I personally won't be doing either thing as I will still be carrying out my self imposed boycott of all Rovers matches until this situation is brought to a satisfactory conclusion. I have not attended a single match since the Everton game at Ewood, and my season ticket also stays firmly in the drawer until Kean is sacked. And if only another 20,000 or so would just see the light and stay away from Ewood completely, then the situation would be resolved immediately. It would only take one match to do the trick, but as long as people keep rolling up in numbers, the media and Venkys will all keep assuming that it is just a trouble making minority that is causing all the protests.

The players know full well who the protests are directed.

If there is even one match with no protest your just playing into Keans hands as all he will say is that the fans are now fully behind me bl bla bla.... The press will believe this as will venkys and we are back to the very start.

It would be insane to allow this to happen in my view.

Its my birthday today and exactly 12 months to this day I was shocked when I switched on SSN to find out Allardyce had been sacked. I was very optomistic as Venkys had just taken over...........How wrong was I? This has got to be the worse 12 months for not just our club but for any it could have happened to. I wish Kean would resign and Venkys sell up. That would make this birthday my best ever.

Just 12 months? it seems like a dozen lifetimes in hell with no hope of salvation.

Keep up the Protests or Kean and Venkys will spin it in their favour.

I'm amazed that people think that if the fans are all nicey nicey that things will improve :wacko:

That said the poster of this thread also said that a goal had been booed, so there you go.

Steve Kean cannot manage, that is the reason we have only won two games this season. He is totally out of his depth and sinking fast at the helm of our football club. If you look on any number of threads on here there are many members aware of the tactical problems that have manifested themselves since Steve Kean took over - and he isn't learning by his mistakes!

i agree with Mark's post.

the atmosphere in all games this season has been very poor (quiet).

obviously due to feelings of hatred towards kean and the owners and i think that has got in the way of fans getting behind the team.

we are all quilty of this.

over the next 2 games -

lets get ewood bouncing and make it and intimidating to the opposition.. protests will occur naturally - things on the pitch will dictate when (ie yakubu celebrated with kean.. thousands booed).

I wish all these anti-protest people would just open their eyes. The protests haven't affected player performance. I'd like an example of where Rovers were playing well, protests occurred and they started playing badly. The Wolves game showed support and enthusiasm from the crowd until it became clear just how poorly we were playing. Against Everton, we got behind the team, only for them to throw 3 points away. The only game with a loud protest from a majority of the crowd which had the potential to affect the team was against Swansea, look how that turned out.

It's impractical to lose momentum in the protests. What I saw on Sunday was probably the worst Rovers performance I've seen. Even on the darkest, most boring days under Allardyce, we at least attempted to create chances. Against Sunderland we did nothing but kick it far upfield and let Sunderland advance once more. Kean needs to leave ASAP and the best way to achieve this is to create a regular cauldron of hate at Ewood Park to draw the attention of the world (and perhaps one day Venky's) to our plight. Let them judge for themselves our performance under Kean. Yet still, I know that in 12 months time when we are in the lower half of the Championship, these muppets will still be coming on here telling us to 'get behind the lads'. Sometimes you just have to man up and realise that without our voices being heard, who exactly will champion the cause of Blackburn Rovers? The Media? Not a chance; Kean? Already isolated our supporters; Venky's? Don't even get me started.

Simple solution - sack Kean and instantly reunite the fans.

He is the cause of the protests and problems, so it's the problem that needs removing.

Football players are, by and large, stupid but all of the Rovers players know that we're backing them and all anger is directed at Kean.

And as a final point, as has been mentioned, our two League home victories this season have come when the protests have been fully underway.

It's a myth created by Kean that it effects the players.

Disagree with this

As others have stated here, the (very poor IMO) spin placed upon anything vaguely positive towards the team is usually used to praise Kean. Witness the fans applauding the team when Kean was stood halfway across the pitch adopting the victory stance. So no protest will be touted in the media as a victory for Kean, that he's winning over the fans - you know that's what will happen, there's nothing in the recent history of the club spin to suggest otherwise.

If they [club/manager/et al] had any sense whatsoever they would concentrate on winning games rather than stoking the fans ire even more. Head down, bulldog spirit and so on. Instead we have whiny attempts at passing the buck week in week out. The games follow the same theme irrespective of the number of goals we can somehow manage - the last quarter or so either too confusing or too late substitutions or players simply not physically hanging in there. Tactics are poor (sitting back, defending one goal leads?) yet the problems are all out of our hands evidentially.

How many more times must we be subjected to "bad luck" "injuries" "poor decisions" "not got my own players" and so on?

And frankly who cares if the "Owners back me" or not, it just shows how inept they are at realising how much ###### the club is in!

Putting everything to one side the results have not been good enough. In professional sports there must be an element of making your own luck at some point? I will agree that Rovers have been unlucky but so have many other teams, the majority of them get their heads down and get on with it instead of bemoaning and making excuses.

If the protests are to "officially" stop that will not stop fans reacting badly to the team on match days - in fact it's likely to be worse as spontaneous protest could easily get really ugly. Imagine if we go two down against Bolton?

I've said it before and for what it's worth I'll say it again, the message should be clear, support Rovers, do not support the Management and the Owners - I think this is what the 100% Rovers campaign is trying to get across.

Getting really bitter about this - every day I hope for something positive to happen to give me hope, but I do not see it. How the club can apparently be so dismantled over a year is simply unbelievable - Venkys seem to be all about reacting but doing it so slowly that things are passing them by - what a total shame...

I have made my decision to leave my season ticket in the drawer. Won't be going on Saturday or for the foreseeable future. As for the players needing us, how about us needing them to speak up about this sham instead of protecting kean because he everyone's best pal.

Excellent point, we need a few public voices of dissention. If only to gain a bit of sympathy in the national media, keep them off our backs and slagging us off.

As Jim Royle would say "Truce, my arse"

The fans have given Venkys and Kean long enough to get things right, over 30 games by my calculations, the protests need to be increased until this man masquarading as a football manager is removed, and the idiots in Pune get the message we're not a rich mans play thing.

KEAN OUT

AGNEW OUT

VENKYS OUT

As Jim Royle would say "Truce, my arse"

The fans have given Venkys and Kean long enough to get things right, over 30 games by my calculations, the protests need to be increased until this man masquarading as a football manager is removed, and the idiots in Pune get the message we're not a rich mans play thing.

KEAN OUT

AGNEW OUT

VENKYS OUT

Wrong, wrong, wrong

Fans, my arse!

Over the last 5 years rovers fans have turned into an arrogant, spoilt set of no-marks

Continually slating individuals, from MGP, Andrews, Roberts, Allardyce, shouting 4-4-2 like they are tactical genuises and yes now Kean and Venkys

To be honest I've had enough - the previous home match did it for me

There was a time when supporting your club meant you turned up and shouted for those in your colours nothing peripheral to that mattered

I can understand the frustration breeding from a lack of openness and communication from the owners, but having witnessed the scenes vs Swansea I'm through with it.

Give me a shout when your agendas have been met and we can return to actually being supporters

Chumps

No it's not......nothing on Earth is EVER going to do that; as you very well know. But then as you also know that is not what this thread is about. The author of the thread quite clearly stated his intention which was to decare a truce for the next two matches and everyone stop booing and protesting about Venkys and Kean and simply get behind the team 100%.

I personally won't be doing either thing as I will still be carrying out my self imposed boycott of all Rovers matches until this situation is brought to a satisfactory conclusion. I have not attended a single match since the Everton game at Ewood, and my season ticket also stays firmly in the drawer until Kean is sacked. And if only another 20,000 or so would just see the light and stay away from Ewood completely, then the situation would be resolved immediately. It would only take one match to do the trick, but as long as people keep rolling up in numbers, the media and Venkys will all keep assuming that it is just a trouble making minority that is causing all the protests.

And this is exactly why the owners must go, I haven't been to many games this season with my season ticket because of work commitments, I have no intention of giving up money to be angry or depressed at the minute considering I'm now a student so getting as much money as possible is massive to me also equally the decision to not use something I've spent 200 on is also massive to me because that's money I could have spent elsewhere. I know you yourself Fife are one of the older members of the board and have been going for more years than I have been alive but that to me leaving your season ticket in the drawer is more disgusting than the financial implications, supporters being forced away out of disgust dispite buying a season ticket and supporting the club for most their lives is perhaps the most damming reflection on the owners we have.

There was a time when supporting your club meant you turned up and shouted for those in your colours nothing peripheral to that mattered

Never has there been so much wrong with our club. Never have the people who could right the wrongs turned a blind eye.

It's gone far beyond abusing our loyalty, they are taking the p1ss.

Wrong, wrong, wrong

Fans, my arse!

Over the last 5 years rovers fans have turned into an arrogant, spoilt set of no-marks

Continually slating individuals, from MGP, Andrews, Roberts, Allardyce, shouting 4-4-2 like they are tactical genuises and yes now Kean and Venkys

I can understand the frustration breeding from a lack of openness and communication from the owners, but having witnessed the scenes vs Swansea I'm through with it.

Give me a shout when your agendas have been met and we can return to actually being supporters

Chumps

Does this mean you are content with the current situation?

Wrong, wrong, wrong

Fans, my arse!

Chumps

I think you're talking about trained seals not football supporters. Although it's easy to confuse the two.

With the current state the club finds itself in, you honestly think this is about AGENDAS?

I’d like to suggest that protestors agree to a truce for the Bolton and West Brom games. Two late strikes and a disallowed goal have left us right up the creek. If we don’t get the results we need in the next two home games then it’s pretty much goodbye Premiership because Anfield followed by Old Trafford will leave us rock bottom come January.

So can we put Kean and Venky’s to one side and think only about the blue & white halves and Premiership survival? Surely these games are too crucial to not give the team 100% over the 90 minutes. Booing goals and, as much as I want to, chanting against Kean and Venky’s will not help the team, will it? It’ll just create a tense atmosphere and that will only help the away team.

Can we give it a go? And if after these two games we are screwed, THEN we unleash hell!

Thoughts? It’s gotta be worth a try...

It is amazing how blinkered many people on here appear to be.

It is about far more than Premiership survival. In the old days when everything was in order off the pitch...it was merely about survival. Now it is about ridding the club of a degenerative condition known in Latin as Venkyissitic. Does all football end in May? Is this the final season of the Premier League? It isn't? Oh in that case, if we do stay up...we have to go through all this again next season? Delightful! I'm sorry I know that this is a highly controversial view and it is a view that I'm personally contradicting myself on but if we need to be a League 2 side to get back to being owned by people with brains then so be it. I want us to win every game, but as far as I'm concerned the club is horrendously ill and it may never be the same again. It sucks but this kind of thing happens in life and you just have to make the best of it. To say 'Let's pretend everything is okay for two games' is the same as standing on a train track, seeing it approach and then telling each other that there is no need to move...

Another thing...

Do you really think the majority of the players care?

You all work in various positions in the world. If you had an agent that could line you up the same job with a different company at potentially more cash....would you really care about the customers complaining about a product that your current workplace produced...?

There was a time when we had a well run football club. There was a time when even if we didn't win, we knew that the club was still being well cared for. There was a time when the team used to run out we thought we may be in with a slight chance, even if we were playing one of the top teams. There was a time when we had a chief executive and chairman ready to steady the ship. There was a time when we had an experienced manager.

Oh and there was a time when we had owners who gave a monkeys, and they were said to not even want the club. That in itself says a lot that they did a far better job of it, than the shambles in charge at present.

If you believe all of the above is "peripheral" then you should look up the definition of the word. Perhaps you're still hankering after the "jumpers for goalposts" days of old. Failure these days is not just a loss of face, and a mauling from the press. It could lead to the fall of our great club.

Perhaps the club should lead by example and then perhaps the supporters may remember what it is to support their club 100%.

If the majority believe that the problem is the fans not being positive, we're screwed. I'm flabbergasted.

Archived