BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Realistic targets

AJW

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LB and midfield are the two crucial positions for me...

Givet is a CB and never a LB

Lowe is fine at RB in my opinion

We need some proper CM's ideally with an engine (similar to JJ) to protect the back four...

The way we are set up and the players we have (Formica, Simon, Olson, hoilett, ruben) think we must play with two Defensive CM to make it work...

Minimum requirements: A holding midfielder, a box to box midfielder (J.Jones Mk2 type), at least one full back and a striker.

---------Robinson

xxx---Samba--Dann---xxx

-------xxx----xxx

Vukcevic--Hoilett--Olsson

---------Yakubu

With Rochina/Formica/Lowe/Nzonzi on the bench, plus an additional striker, we'd have the capacity to get some points (with the right management in place..)

What about Norwich Anthony Pilkington? He's from Blackburn and supports Blackburn!! Why did we let him leave? He played for Rovers 2005-2006.

I was just about to suggest him.

He got let go from the academy, good lad, went my school. Didnt make it via academy but dropped to lower leagues and worked his way up via Huddersfield. Handy signing, and would REALLY want to join if given a chance again.

I was just about to suggest him.

He got let go from the academy, good lad, went my school. Didnt make it via academy but dropped to lower leagues and worked his way up via Huddersfield. Handy signing, and would REALLY want to join if given a chance again.

Silly suggestion not what we need. Central midfield, 2 full backs and a centre forward is what we need. Not another bloody player who capable of playing either out wide or in the whole and only average at best

if rover sign johnson then does it not blow makey's statement out of the water regarding no incomings and lots of players moving on?

btw johnson isnt really the type of player we should be wasting 2 million on, hes 31, injury prone and average at best

if rover sign johnson then does it not blow makey's statement out of the water regarding no incomings and lots of players moving on?

btw johnson isnt really the type of player we should be wasting 2 million on, hes 31, injury prone and average at best

To be honest this transfer has had fuel for months so I can see it happening even though it's a bad signing. However the theory of makey is very much another wild guess, the fact is nobody knows what's going on anymore at this club so any rumour from now on in should be taken as a "rumour"

I understood the Andy Johnson deal is as good as done. He wants to come-----could be the 50000 a week we've offered! Onahua is the man ear-marked to replace Samba I'd guess. The young Forest defender was the replacement for Salgado but that seems unlikely now and that leaves us with a defensive mid-fielder and one other and haven't seen any links there as yet. I would assume its all dependent on losing Samba and Hoilett so I can't get too carried away!

Man I hope this isn't true, I wouldn't be against Johnson as a signing, he's definitely an improvement on Roberts/Goodwillie/Blackman/Slew but 50k a week sounds a bit ridiculous.

Would love us to go in for Zamora but I think he'll have better options, wouldn't be surprised to see Liverpool go for him since Andy Carrol is nowhere near good enough yet.

It's hard to speculate about anyone really though, not sure if we can even afford anyone and if we can they'd be mad to want to come right now.

Right-back

Defensive Midfielder

Striker

Those are the three key positions we need. After that another midfielder.

i would agree with that , but if the opportunity arise's to bring in a r/mid i'd take that as well

• 2 weeks later...

We need a cheap JJ type, I would go for Rudolph Austin. Had a cracking season in the Norwegian league getting the highest average rating of all the players.

He knows how to tackle and will deal out a lot of beating. Great stamina. Always gives 200% which is why he's the supporters favourite player. Can score now and then as well but not a goalgetter, I regard him highly for his defensive skills. Really think he could help straighten our defense.

Most norwegian Experts agree he can handle pl, and I'd we get relegated he would be great to have in the championship. Reckon we could get him for 1,5 - 3 mill.

Probably won't happen though.

Don't understand why so many players want Johnson and other players past their prime. That's how u end up with grella and Roberts deadwood

we will sign noone and sell alot, leaving us with 11 players and the tea lady, cleaner and ticket office attendant as the subs

Not so bad. The tea lady's got a cracking right foot on her. Especially for set pieces just outside the box. I did get wind that the cleaner has a niggling groin strain though. :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see why we are looking for anyone except quality defensive players.

Look at our stats - we score loads and concede loads. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out if we can stop conceding loads and continue scoring at our current rate, we will be fine.

Shore up the defence. Stop leaking goals. Work on defensive play. Make us difficult to score against.

Otherwise, we are going down, whilst shouting the Kevin Keegan mantra (you score two, we'll score three!) like a bunch of eejits.

Not rocket science..

:rover:

Look at our stats - we score loads and concede loads. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out if we can stop conceding loads and continue scoring at our current rate, we will be fine.

Shore up the defence. Stop leaking goals. Work on defensive play. Make us difficult to score against.

Otherwise, we are going down, whilst shouting the Kevin Keegan mantra (you score two, we'll score three!) like a bunch of eejits.

Not rocket science..

My new mantra when considering anything Rovers related is "if it makes sense to us it won't make sense to Venky's."

Expect another dud striker and two unknown wingers to sign before the end of the month

Not rocket science..

The thing is we are scoring so many goals mainly because of this approach, if we play properly with the wingers covering the full backs then we score less as not so many will be in attacking positions, so saying "and continue scoring at the current rate" is daft.

Except for our right back our defense should be one of the best outside the top 6 but the best defense in the world would not survive without midfield cover.

Personally reckon the area we really need to shore up is the midfield, get a decent defense minded midfielder in there, get rid of Jnr while we still can get money for him and utilise less shiny but harder working wide midfielders. Yes it is not as pretty and no we wont score as many but we may have a chance of surviving.

I would also consider getting rid of Nzonzi.. not the kind of player we need IMO I am sure we could get 4-5m for him which would free up funds for someone more appropriate... but saying that if we sell the bank will probably grab what they can while they can.

Archived