BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Realistic targets

AJW

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see Wayne Bridge, we would benefit from having a proper left back to bring more balance to the side. Not sure if we could get him on loan or not.

If you need a proper left back try to get Ryan Bertrand on loan. I have no idea why he doesn't get gametime with us, as he would easily walk in most Prem teams out of the top six. (outside special cases, like Everton and Baines)

I hope we get Chris Gunter. Good young defensive player, we need defensive and Mid-field recruits before getting a striker. We are scoring goals so theres not much a problem there. We just can't keep a clean sheet to save ourselfs...

Gunter would be good signing for us.

We need left back aswell plus a ball winning midfielder and another striker.

we need at least 4 players in this window.

• Moderation Lead

If you need a proper left back try to get Ryan Bertrand on loan. I have no idea why he doesn't get gametime with us, as he would easily walk in most Prem teams out of the top six. (outside special cases, like Everton and Baines)

Obviously nothing to do with having England's left back in that position for Chelsea could it? :P

some players who i would consider realistic targets in january , either on loan or small fee , some have been linked some haven't , some we would only bring if players left all are PL based what are your thoughts

Wayne Bridge

Nedum Onouha

Andy Johnson

Damien Duff

Jermaine Pennant

Stephen Ireland

Marouan Chammakh

Darron Gibson

Mohammed Diame

Almost all of the above will cost 40000 a week atleast, ireland is the only name i'd be interested in, but then again i dont think there's much point specualting about names like these. Jon stead anyone?

I understood the Andy Johnson deal is as good as done. He wants to come-----could be the 50000 a week we've offered! Onahua is the man ear-marked to replace Samba I'd guess. The young Forest defender was the replacement for Salgado but that seems unlikely now and that leaves us with a defensive mid-fielder and one other and haven't seen any links there as yet. I would assume its all dependent on losing Samba and Hoilett so I can't get too carried away!

We've got £20m to spend in January according to one of the players

I would get rid of Kean first and give it the new manager

yeh , £12m for Samba and £8m for hoillet

Archived