BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Realistic targets

AJW

can he tackle?

Nope, he's a striker / attacking support player.

Ivan Klasnic is out of contract at Bolton in the summer. I would take him like a shot. Always been a fan of his, right back to when he was a Werder Bremen. He's proven that he can score goals in the Premiership and being a free would make him even more ideal for the tight fisted Indians.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kris Boyd has just been released from his contract... Wonder how long it will take before we're linked with him??

Oh God, he's a horrendous 'footballer'. He scored a tone of goals in Scotland, but most of those were tap ins against crap teams. He could barely make it in the Championship. In fact he couldn't, that's why he left.

Bridge is well s*** now - a disaster on loan for West Ham last season. Let someone else pick up his massive wages. The rest, however, would probably stroll into our team at the moment.

I don't feel those targets are realistic, though. I bet the January transfer window sees us renew our interest in Tony Warner, while Ade Akinbiyi, Joonas Kolkka and Jerome Anderson's illegitimate son join on free transfers.

This post was meant as a joke, but in light of the recent news, I have a feeling that I won't be far off when we sum up the January transfer window.

Samba out, Ragnvald Soma in!

I agree on Darren Ambrose, just the type of player we need....would he join?

Million Dollar question??

for whats its worth a player like Ambrose who has played top flight football but then finds himself out of it would jump at another chance even if we are bottom of the league , my concern is that if other PL clubs come in for him he'll go where he thinks he'll have a better chance of staying in the league

Sorry if these have been posted before but I have from a very good source at Blackburn that these are the targets we are supposedly after in January:

RB - Chris Baird, Aaron Hughes, Chris Gunter, Stephen Kelly

CM - Danny Guthrie

ST - Andy Johnson (apparently a 2 mil fee agreed and Johnson has said yes to the contract however venkys are yet to release the funds - if they even have them)

Apparently Venkys havn't given Kean or any one a budget or even said yes to any transfers so I wouldnt be surprised to sign no one and just see a few players leave.

I think Chris Gunter would be a good signing for us!!! Good at defending and going forward but at Forest being ask to play at left back alot which isn't his position but can play there.

Andy Johnson is a goalscorer but could he and Yak play together is the big question??

Guthrie is out injured until after the transfer window closes and isn't the type of midfielder we need. we need midfield enfocer like JJ!

I think Chris Gunter would be a good signing for us!!! Good at defending and going forward but at Forest being ask to play at left back alot which isn't his position but can play there.

Andy Johnson is a goalscorer but could he and Yak play together is the big question??

Guthrie is out injured until after the transfer window closes and isn't the type of midfielder we need. we need midfield enfocer like JJ!

no point in this thread anymore as we probably won't be signing anyone whose wage demands are more than a tenner a week as Venkys cant afford to pay them and what moron would sign for Kean ? and a club 5 points currently adrift of safety ???...Formica , Hoilett and who ever else on their way out WTF is going on... :angry2::angry2::angry2:

Just two points to make.

The whole football world knows what state our club is in (and they probably know a damned sight more than we do). How many clubs will sell players on the never never. I would suspect most clubs would want cash up front to make sure they got their money. Therefore this will prevent a lot of deals going through.

Venkys have done everything on the cheap so they will almost certainly demand clauses in any contracts which reduce wages if relegated. How many 'big names' will agree to that.

i'm expecting Hoillet to leave , as well as Andrews , Salgado and maybe 1 or 2 other fringe players , there's also the fear we may loose another top player i.e Samba or N'Zonzi , so the squad will be 4-5 players weaker , i just cannot see Venky's putting enough cash in to cover that loss , we'll probably end up with a couple of loan players and a couple of nobody's ...... sad really because it may be blue and white tinted glasses , but i genuinely believe 3-4 players in the right area ( and a half-decent manager) and we would have a squad capable of a top 10 finish

Sorry if these have been posted before but I have from a very good source at Blackburn that these are the targets we are supposedly after in January:

RB - Chris Baird, Aaron Hughes, Chris Gunter, Stephen Kelly

CM - Danny Guthrie

ST - Andy Johnson (apparently a 2 mil fee agreed and Johnson has said yes to the contract however venkys are yet to release the funds - if they even have them)

Apparently Venkys havn't given Kean or any one a budget or even said yes to any transfers so I wouldnt be surprised to sign no one and just see a few players leave.

looks like you were right.

here is Alan Nixon article linking us to Andy Johnson and Chris Gunter

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Blackburn-ready-to-offer-Fulham-Andy-Johnson-2m-bonus-to-save-them-from-relegation-article845961.html

looks like you were right.

here is Alan Nixon article linking us to Andy Johnson and Chris Gunter

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Blackburn-ready-to-offer-Fulham-Andy-Johnson-2m-bonus-to-save-them-from-relegation-article845961.html

All sound like poor, low quality, no mark players, that seem to be of plantpot Keans level, the useless chunt.

Archived