BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tony Parkes

Currently a scout.

Would it be worth getting him in short term until we find a replacement?

A rovers stalwart and someone who the fans relate to and would get behind. You can also guarantee with Tony he would pick the best team available and at least get some organisation in there.

I dont think its a bad idea.

Currently a scout.Would it be worth getting him in short term until we find a replacement?

A rovers stalwart and someone who the fans relate to and would get behind. You can also guarantee with Tony he would pick the best team available and at least get some organisation in there.

I dont think its a bad idea.

No he's not a scout, finished three months ago!!

yes for me in 1996 he made important changes one being dropping Bohinen instantly and replacing him with McKinlay a fantastic ball winner.

He also bought the confidence back to many players that had been lost under Ray.

It's a more difficult job obviously 96 we still had outstanding players but I think he could assess the team and make more of it the Kean.

Guest Rovers4Good

A backwards step? From Kean?. I'd take Parkes tomorrow, he'd unite the support and knows how to win football matches when the backs are against a wall.

Agreed i would rather have him than Kean but if we are looking at staying up i'd rather get someone in charge who's going to be around for more than a month or so. Mark Hughes would fit that bill perfectly and he's the only manager who got our club going in the right direction which i'm not sure would happen under Parkes. Also, Parkes was great because he was already around the club but now he's not been involved within the last few years then i'm not sure the players would take to him as they've clearly not done with Kean. :(

yes for me in 1996 he made important changes one being dropping Bohinen instantly and replacing him with McKinlay a fantastic ball winner.

He also bought the confidence back to many players that had been lost under Ray.

It's a more difficult job obviously 96 we still had outstanding players but I think he could assess the team and make more of it the Kean.

And in 2000, he came very close to selling Jansen, Dunn & Duff, but hey!

From Twitter...

whitenosugartv Tim Royle

scouts called to a meeting. An Indian gentleman turned up an hour late. He asked them all to tell him why...

whitenosugartv Tim Royle

they should be employed. Indian gentleman hadn't a clue who tony parkes was, and said "I'll be in touch in a-

whitenosugartv Tim Royle

in a week to tell you whether we want you. To which tony and 3 others said no u won't, i don't want to work4u

If true I doubt he will come back.

“There are three groups of people to blame for the situation the club are in. The manager, Venky’s and the Walker Trust.

“It has to be remembered the Walker Trust were the people who brought them in. They wanted to get out and were taking anyone’s money to do that. All three have a lot to answer for.

Well said.

Archived