BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bruce/Grant or Kean

sns4ever

I have read on a few of the other threads over the negativity of employing Grant or Bruce if Venkys sacked Kean?This a new thread for peoples opinions who would we prefer?kean the liar and backstabber to remain or Grant or Bruce?My opinion is any one is better then Kean he is a terrible manager and has lost the players, in Bruce we have someone who has managerial experience and did well with Wigan and in Grant we have someone who did well with portsmouth to be fair on him with a bad team in a terrible position and they were docked points he also got Chelsea one kick away from their first ever champions league. That is more then Kean could achieve on Football Manager. I would have either of them over Kean today without consideration.

Now before I get lambasted for this I am not for one second claiming they are two good managers or that they will keep us up however I feel we may at least go down fighting and have more stability next year.

• Backroom

Given a choice I'd rather take Grant or Bruce, but they aren't the answer - we'll go down with either of them.

Not sure there's any manager who can save us to be honest - Sparky and Souey are our best bets, but even they'll struggle. The squad doesn't have enough of their "type" of player and there aren't any funds for January.

Think we're stuffed.

Bruce and Grant are better than Kean.

If Kean were fired, and Bruce or Grant hired, I would give Venkys some kudos for at least acting.

But neither Bruce nor Grant would be able to put up a relegation fight that would have any real chance of success. So in that sense, Venkys would be wasting their money.

If Venkys want a real manager, who can unite the disparate elements and, possibly, fight off relegation, then they need to employ Hughes, Curbishley or Souness. Any one other than those three would merely be wasted effort.

That is more then Kean could achieve on Football Manager.

well said.

We need a managerial appointment who is going to galvanise the fans, ie hughes or souness. Even Shearer to an extent. So at least if/when we go down, we go down fighting, the fans are united and there is still pride in the club.

Grant's credentials are okay, and he comes across as a knowledgable bloke who is honest and shows humility, something we haven't been used to for the last 12 months. But he hardly strikes me as the kind of character to put life back into a dying club

ABK - Anyone But Kean.

Grant and Bruce have both had some good and bad moments. Neither will keep us up this late on though.

However they are actual football managers, not the guy who picks the cones up after training, and therefore it's not even a real comparison.

We need Kean out regardless of who's available. The man has burnt every bridge with this club... except with the people who matter.

But we still require someone capable of saving us, which is why Bruce or Grant wouldn't be my first-choices. At a push, I'd probably take Bruce and hope the honeymoon period could see us safe.

Of course, this is all fantasy because Kean's going nowhere.

You're right about a Souness, Hughes or Shearer type man being needed. That's why I don't think we will get one. Venky's are so disconnected from the fans and the current situation that they're probably already chasing a Grant/Bruce figure... or sticking with Kean.

The writing is on the wall because this is Venky's we are talking about who have'nt made one good decision since taking over and you just know what is coming, the one true option that would unite the fans and lift the fans which would in term lift the players, he would get the team fit again and can get results at the highest lvl would be Hughes and I really feel he would keep us up. This would'nt be impossible for Venky's to get him they would just have to give him enough funds in Januray (which they probably wont part with) give him a good staying up bonus (which they probably would'nt) and let him have full say on the staff he brings.

Hughes would be keen to rectify his mistake of leaving Fulham because he thought he would get the Villa job, he will be mad because he did'nt get a sniff at Sunderland and he really has nothing to lose, the only problem is Venky's will go for the easy option and we all know that is Grant who will not keep us up and will still divide opinion.

They have a massive chance now to build bridges with fans and do the right thing, if we stayed up people may start to warm to them and a relationship between them and fans could then start being built, but guess what..... You just know they will make the wrong decision as they always do and I feel it will be the same road as Kean, too many wrong decisions with words and actions will be seen as unforgiveable and there will be no way back.

Bruce however may be an option that COULD work, he does'nt have the best track record and is a bit of a cock but i'm sure most would give him their full backing and if he managed to keep us up then good stuff. I feel it's all a bit early to be talking about this anyway as we still have the bald messiah in charge and getting him out of the door will require more than vaseline and a crowbar.

Having had a look at Bruce's record it is actually pretty decent.

Birmingham, got them promoted-twice, top ten finish and mid table finishes, Wigan mid table by the second season.

Even at Sunderland he was forced to sell his two top strikers so net spend was not that much.

As a man he is not great but then again a lot said the same about Sam! As long as its not Grant the other options I could live with...strike that as long as its not Kean all others are viable options.

The only way we could survive is if an experienced manager with a good track record was given millions to spend - the squad is weak in all areas. Neither Grant nor Bruce have that track record and so would be a waste of money and of a contract IMO. Venky's will definitely want someone who isn't tied to another club so they don't have to fork out compensation so it would be no surprise if either of these were approached.

It's academic unless there are major policy changes by Venky's - don't see that happening.

Quote from Hi-jaq on another thread:

Grant & Bruce, they just make me laugh, Baron Greenback & Sloth from the goonies!!!

I haven't laughed all day til that, cheers Hi-jaq!

Seriously, though, the only people on Venkys shortlist (that's if they do sack Coco which seems doubtful) will be managers whose names have been written down for them by whichever agent, sorry 'advisor' is flavour of the month just now.

The only way we could survive is if an experienced manager with a good track record was given millions to spend - the squad is weak in all areas. Neither Grant nor Bruce have that track record and so would be a waste of money and of a contract IMO. Venky's will definitely want someone who isn't tied to another club so they don't have to fork out compensation so it would be no surprise if either of these were approached.

It's academic unless there are major policy changes by Venky's - don't see that happening.

I dissagree I'm not saying we have the best players in the world but we have plenty of attacking options including a striker that can hit the onion bag when needed, we have enough creative players to get the ball to him, we have enough pace with Olsson and Hoilett, we have a cracking defense albeit they all seem to have bits and bobs injuries including Heart palpations and a gammy bollock, what we need is another Jermaine Jones, a real powerhouse in the centre mid and a utility right or left back, we have not used any of our loans up this season which is amazing for a club of our size and finacial structure (isnt it funny that with agents advising our club that No loan signings were advised to the owners, then again there is no money in that)

Get a couple of hearts on sleeves players and a manager that can motivate the bejesus out of players and you will see them jump off the injury bench to get back playing and winning matches for the team. Rovers have gone stale at the moment and players are not interested in playing, we need some positive fire back into these guys and that comes from a change of manager which fires the fans and then brings effort and wins.

I refuse to accept defeat yet COYB. :rover:

I dissagree I'm not saying we have the best players in the world but we have plenty of attacking options including a striker that can hit the onion bag when needed, we have enough creative players to get the ball to him, we have enough pace with Olsson and Hoilett, we have a cracking defense albeit they all seem to have bits and bobs injuries including Heart palpations and a gammy bollock, what we need is another Jermaine Jones, a real powerhouse in the centre mid and a utility right or left back, we have not used any of our loans up this season which is amazing for a club of our size and finacial structure (isnt it funny that with agents advising our club that No loan signings were advised to the owners, then again there is no money in that)

Get a couple of hearts on sleeves players and a manager that can motivate the bejesus out of players and you will see them jump off the injury bench to get back playing and winning matches for the team. Rovers have gone stale at the moment and players are not interested in playing, we need some positive fire back into these guys and that comes from a change of manager which fires the fans and then brings effort and wins.

I refuse to accept defeat yet COYB. :rover:

I think the Beer's won.

I think the Beer's won.

So you think the team is weak? Like I said they are no world beaters but they are stronger than other teams down there and with the right motivation we can stay up easily enough, like I have said before Bolton are crap, Wigan are crap, Swansea, Norwich and QPR will have slumps soon, you can also throw Wolves, Fulham, Newcastle and Villa around as they all have problems of their own to contend with and it's game on, January is a massive month for clubs in trouble and we have maybe 2 areas to address not including the manager, dont throw in the towel just yet.

Btw it's way too early for the beer to have won ;)

Knowing how Venkys operate when it comes to Rovers they'll probably appoint Ince the day Kean dies of old age and we are lumbering close to Conference League.....you really can't make this sh!t up..

Back on topic: Of the three mentioned I'd take Bruce 10 times out of 10 before Kean or Grant, but Hughes would be the perfect gift for xmas. Club should probably try to think ahead though and appoint someone who could make us a force to be reckoned with in the Championship next year with limited resources. Expect a mass exodus of players starting in january and a new manager would also have to deal with this. Not to sure Bruce would be up for it - perhaps Grant as he needs the paycheck from what I understand...

Wow I kind of dont want to post this but talking to my mate who works at Blackburn and he's told me that Junior is as good as gone in January. This isnt that big a news as most probably expected this but apparently rovers offered him the biggest contract in the clubs history to keep him and him and his dad (his agent) turned it down as he had been approached by two or three big clubs. So this just adds to the misery.

Which brings me to my second point my source is very reliable and they told me that Hoilett was offered a massive contract which means Venkys have funds they are refusing to release. What the hell are their aspirations for our club?If they dont want to fund it why dont they put it up for sale?I am so frustrated!!!

Archived