BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where does the protest go now?

I was thinking something like that. Would have been cool to see a whole stand facing the other way for an entire match. Or like you say, all leaving at half time no matter the score.

The PS applies to me as well though, so I don't feel I should talk too loudly :/

That's never going to happen. We would just be told to sit down by those who wanted to watch the match, and rightly so.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One idea I mentioned to some of the lads at today was... Protest at the next game, but not inside the ground... Outside the players entrance for 90 mins, the chaps over at Vital seemed to like this one.

Thoughts?

The only common sense approach now seems to go all out on Venkys. Forget Kean he's a symptom an unpleasant one at that. Venkys are the problem and I think we would perhaps win hearts and minds of the national press and some of the idiots in the game who are defending Kean, those in the game find it easy to defend him because they have sympathy for him because they have experienced bad times, fans on their back etc. Poor ownership is the bigger picture here and could strike more of a chord from those within the game because they will be more inclined to jump on the save a club bandwagon.

The only common sense approach now seems to go all out on Venkys. Forget Kean he's a symptom an unpleasant one at that. Venkys are the problem and I think we would perhaps win hearts and minds of the national press and some of the idiots in the game who are defending Kean, those in the game find it easy to defend him because they have sympathy for him because they have experienced bad times, fans on their back etc. Poor ownership is the bigger picture here and could strike more of a chord from those within the game because they will be more inclined to jump on the save a club bandwagon.

Yes, because new owners would get a new manager!!

One idea I mentioned to some of the lads at today was... Protest at the next game, but not inside the ground... Outside the players entrance for 90 mins, the chaps over at Vital seemed to like this one.

Thoughts?

Might work-but of course its effectiveness will, as with all the protest thus far, always be governed by just how many will actual take part.

We seem to have very few friends now in the media now-most of lazy journos are really warming to the 'Stop bullying poor innocent Steve Kean' theme. No one wants to dig a little further and try to work out how some of the most reasonable and patient fans in the country have been reduced to turning Ewood in to a cauldron of hate towards their manager. The truth, like a cork, will always come to the surface and what an interesting read it will be when it finally emerges; where and who exactly Blackburn Rovers will be playing then is anyones guess...

Thoughts?

Agree with this idea. I'm seriously considering stopping going (sadly) until Kean goes and Venkys "change their

ways".

I would gladly join hundreds or hopefully thousands outside Ewood for 90 mins on a match day.

Top marks to Glen and co today at Brockhall.

Ewood Dawn, your a star!

if burning the indian flag with venkys written on in large letters is'nt a crime then that to me would seem the most media effective way to get the message over, maybe just stamping on it and not setting it on fire takes all criminal action out of the equation or just ripping it up in front of the cameras.

Maybe the slogan "kean Out" needs changing as people outside rovers just are'nt getting the contempt felt towards the man for a whole host of reasons beside being utterly useless at getting results. "Who got you the job" "Don't trust this man" type messages on the most sinister looking photos available of kean may start to make people realise he is'nt in his unwarrented position for a single footballing reason

As much as I've previously hoped they would become more interested in Rovers, I have to agree with this.

The only thing that has united (the majority of) fans so far has been spontaneous chanting at games.

I suggest that if the feeling is like it was on Tuesday, that the Venkys chant should be started and people are more likely to join in.

I've a nagging concern that anything we do is futile but in the absence of any willingness by the PL or media to do a proper investigation, we have to assume that this is the only option left. Maximum exposure and maximum buy-in from fans is still during the games, inside the stadium.

We need to somehow force Venkys to sell and hope, somehow, there is a buyer out there who wants to buy a club. I've not heard an announcement that the Qataris have bought Everton, so who knows?

I shall put it to more fellow protestors and see if we can make it happen. The idea of being at the ground on match day but staying outside could have a real impact, bring the fans together and hopefully encourage more of those who were going to attend to join with us. Those who intend to boycott (like myself) who would miss the match day experience may still keep some of the faith in the club by still joining their fellow supporters... Just in different circumstances.

If more people like this idea... Please post!

KEAN OUT! VENKYS OUT!

We're getting no sympathy from anyone in the media anymore. Apparently we should just sit down, shut up and watch our club get shafted.

Which gives me a glimmer of an idea ...

How about a silent protest? That way people don't need to boycott if they don't want but deafening silence from the stands would say a thousand words and stuff the indignity of the LMA, media, and pundits back down their throats. Any chanting should be limited a rythmic

THIS - IS NOT - A PROTEST!

It would require some discipline to carry out but it would be "class" on many levels.

Might work-but of course its effectiveness will, as with all the protest thus far, always be governed by just how many will actual take part.

We seem to have very few friends now in the media now-most of lazy journos are really warming to the 'Stop bullying poor innocent Steve Kean' theme. No one wants to dig a little further and try to work out how some of the most reasonable and patient fans in the country have been reduced to turning Ewood in to a cauldron of hate towards their manager. The truth, like a cork, will always come to the surface and what an interesting read it will be when it finally emerges; where and who exactly Blackburn Rovers will be playing then is anyones guess...

Agree with this idea. I'm seriously considering stopping going (sadly) until Kean goes and Venkys "change their

ways".

I would gladly join hundreds or hopefully thousands outside Ewood for 90 mins on a match day.

Top marks to Glen and co today at Brockhall.

Ewood Dawn, your a star!

I shall put it to more fellow protestors and see if we can make it happen. The idea of being at the ground on match day but staying outside could have a real impact, bring the fans together and hopefully encourage more of those who were going to attend to join with us. Those who intend to boycott (like myself) who would miss the match day experience may still keep some of the faith in the club by still joining their fellow supporters... Just in different circumstances.

If more people like this idea... Please post! Ewood Dawn... You were fantastic.

KEAN OUT! VENKYS OUT!

Good idea. I'd join in with that.

I think that we need to keep doing what has been done. It's peaceful and relatively easy to accomplish. I'm sure that Venky's and Kean are working off the idea that after a while fans will get bored and give up and then can get on with ruining the club in peace. I wouldn't want to give them or the press, who've been so unsupportive in the whole, the satisfaction. If fans stop going, it will just be treated as apathy and spun so that the real fans can get on with supporting the club. Although I do see that by not buying tickets and paying for merchandise will affect the owners financially, they don't seem to care that we are destined for relegation, where the financial cost will be far greater, so I doubt this would bother them in the slightest.

No more talk of burning the indian flag. fans do not have an issue with india. we have an issue with venkys and kean. it is important that the protest does not lose focus and descend in to mindless hate crimes. the aim of the protests is clear - to establish a stable and trustworthy ownership at BRFC. Lets stick to the agenda and not succumb to random disorder. if you agree with the plan to circle ewood during the stoke game please show your support.

1324645166[/url]' post='1200606']

any protest has to be in the ground to get media attention. the crowd should face away from goal when the game kicks off maybe?.Or even just everyone leaves the ground at half time ??

Maddest-Protests article from FourFourTwo

P.s easy for me to say living 300 miles away

Sounds like our backs to the board protest

Sounds like our backs to the board protest

What difference is "doing the Poznan" going to do? Man city turn their back to the play to celebrate a goal every time they score. It is a lot easier to convince people not to go in to the ground than it is to get them to turn away from play once they are in the ground. 100% of rovers fans are against kean so i think it is achievable for 10,000 to circle the ground during stoke game. embrace the idea and spread the word.

What difference is "doing the Poznan" going to do? Man city turn their back to the play to celebrate a goal every time they score. It is a lot easier to convince people not to go in to the ground than it is to get them to turn away from play once they are in the ground. 100% of rovers fans are against kean so i think it is achievable for 10,000 to circle the ground during stoke game. embrace the idea and spread the word.

Not sure which thread to reply to you in as you've posted this in several.

I think it's a bold suggestion but ultimately idealistic and destined to fail. People are not going to do laps of the ground at the best of times and certainly not on a cold, wet, January afternoon.

The only way to get numbers is spontaneous, sustained and direct chants during the game, aimed at Venkys - and even that might not be enough.

I'm much more convinced by Jan's suggestion of going to the bank. This would need to be done with the backing of some senior figures (Jack Straw, Kate Hollern, etc). Think of it like chemotherapy. It's risky, it means getting worse before getting better but ultimately might save the club.

Archived