BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should the Protests Stop?

Eddie

The only true significance of the "12th man' argument is that we, the fans, are being set up for the blame when, inevitably we are relegated and worse consequences follow.

We will be slaughtered as unworthy of a great club who let it down in its hour of need.

Its the biggest con-job in the history of the Premier League.

Completely agree with this.

Every which way we turn, the blame is levelled at us, the fans. Yet, Kean is doing a "marvellous job". :wacko:

I'm not even sure what we could have done differently, even if we were to start all over again with the Arsenal game with the benefit of hindsight. If we'd done nothing, we'd have been accused of being apathetic and not being worthy of a great club as we stood by and watched in its hour of need (to use your phrase).

Things were naturally and organically escalated to the point where any proper owners could, should and would have acted in the best interests of the club - i.e. in support of success on the pitch. Venkys did not, and still do not.

The only thing we can point to is that we, along with the day-to-day staff of the club (people just like us), are the ones who will have lost the most. And won't walk away with their pockets lined with £50 notes.

Not Kean, not Venkys, not agents, ordinary folk of Blackburn. We've all be stitched up like kippers and no-one gives a damn.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fans are at war with the club and manager. A situation brought about by them not us, and a situation none of teh fans would ever have wanted.

The reason the kean protests have been so noticable is that the club has refused to sack him. In 99% of other situations he would be gone well before now.

This leads you to think that either the Venkys are incredible incompetant or just don't care, or that Keans role goes beyond that of manager and Andersons goes further than that of advisor.

Whatever it makes for an intolerable situation. I think you either give up and don't go or go and make the biggest protest you can.

The problem with that is that Kean has publicly made the fans into the enemy. It is now him or us and the slimy rat, who is brilliant at playing the victim, cannot be allowed to win. If he does he alienates a large proportion of the fan base and the ultimate sufferer is the club itself.

We must press on by any means possible to oust this imposter. He does not care if he destroys the club so long as he lines his pockets.

KEAN AND VENKYS OUT.

I have been going on Ewood Park for 42 yrs , and I am not going to give into these buggers , I might boycott games and call BRFC current owners but I have blue and white blood .. The thing is I will be back ,but Kean will be looking over is shoulder for the rest of his life because he relegated Blackburn Rovers and couldn't careless.One day he will be in the wrong place at the right time ...

I think the days of Prem league managers taking their wives out to the local chippy for a fish supper are long gone.

Goalposts have moved now I'm afraid. It's not just Kean out now - its Venky's out too.

Given that it took the trust 3 years+ to find Venkys when the club was much more marketable how long will it take the incompetents incharge to find a buyer even if they wanted to?

Protests must go on till Kean is gone but at some stage I think Venkys must realise they will have to buck up their ideas or they are looking at a league one club. I'm not going back till then. I could see myself going back when Kean is gone if Venkys repented and appointed a proper management team.

No man is bigger than the club.

At least that is still true.

Not in all cases. Kenny Dalglish is bigger than Liverpool it seems, as no scousers dares to question his transfers or management ability.

Of course I'm not entirely sure if scousers are indeed "human", but that's for another topic ^_^

Not in all cases. Kenny Dalglish is bigger than Liverpool it seems, as no scousers dares to question his transfers or management ability.

Of course I'm not entirely sure if scousers are indeed "human", but that's for another topic ^_^

Dalgliesh isn't bigger than Liverpool.

And he'd be the first to say so.

The protesting shouldn't stop per se, it's protesting whilst the players are on the pitch that is counter-productive. Almost none of the media are talking about our plight, they're talking about Kean. It doesn't matter how mis-informed they are we are not winning this argument and likely never will.

Venky's are completely insulated from the protests by a combination of distance and that Kean is soaking it up for them. Mrs Desai isn't just going to not listen to the fans, she has form for simply digging her heels in more and more.

The only way to put any pressure on Venky's is to get the media talking about their mismanagement of the club and they need to be doing that whilst we're still in the Premiership because otherwise, they won't care. The only way to do that is to give them less of a reason to talk about Kean, the stick he's getting, whether our fans are justified or not etc. Getting there is not easy and will require real leadership from the protest organisers because, as many say, the situation in the ground is desperate.

A first step in that direction would be to stop with this nonsense that anyone who dares to suggest a change in tactics is a "Rovers Fan".

The protesting shouldn't stop per se, it's protesting whilst the players are on the pitch that is counter-productive. Almost none of the media are talking about our plight, they're talking about Kean. It doesn't matter how mis-informed they are we are not winning this argument and likely never will.

Venky's are completely insulated from the protests by a combination of distance and that Kean is soaking it up for them. Mrs Desai isn't just going to not listen to the fans, she has form for simply digging her heels in more and more.

The only way to put any pressure on Venky's is to get the media talking about their mismanagement of the club and they need to be doing that whilst we're still in the Premiership because otherwise, they won't care. The only way to do that is to give them less of a reason to talk about Kean, the stick he's getting, whether our fans are justified or not etc. Getting there is not easy and will require real leadership from the protest organisers because, as many say, the situation in the ground is desperate.

A first step in that direction would be to stop with this nonsense that anyone who dares to suggest a change in tactics is a "Rovers Fan".

It's not that those who protest would see those who suggest a change in tactics as Rovers Fans but that any lessening of protests would be interpreted by Kean and his backers as a sign they were winning not that we just think there may be a better way of doing things. we can't back down because they will spin it as giving in/they are winning the majority over etc. We are in a situation where we cannot be seen by the media and those outside the club as being the normal sane and sensible victims because Kean and his mob have already claimed that ground and that role despite the fact that we know they are nasty manipulative greedy little weasels - no offence to weasels as I actually find them quite fun little animals.

It's not that those who protest would see those who suggest a change in tactics as Rovers Fans but that any lessening of protests would be interpreted by Kean and his backers as a sign they were winning not that we just think there may be a better way of doing things. we can't back down because they will spin it as giving in/they are winning the majority over etc. We are in a situation where we cannot be seen by the media and those outside the club as being the normal sane and sensible victims because Kean and his mob have already claimed that ground and that role despite the fact that we know they are nasty manipulative greedy little weasels - no offence to weasels as I actually find them quite fun little animals.

If it is made clear that the fans are 100% fixated on Venky's, his attempt to spin things in that direction would do him damage in the medium term. I'm not even sure anyone would buy it first time round, let alone after a couple of games.

I don't want to see a media narrative of "poor Steve Kean" after the Stoke game any more than anyone else. It's sickening. But that is, I fear, where we're going despite the best efforts of many.

I'd like to see a banner along the lines of "7 games in 40, what if it were your club?". It'd get people to think about it maybe.

Trouble is that's just what they are!

I'll preface this post by saying that I am as unhappy with the current situation as any Rovers supporter, but it gets to a point where the approach may need to change as the methods are seemingly ineffective.

The protests have been going on for some time, including several mass and spontaneous protests. The movement has received attention from almost every single local and national media source and has been covered ad nauseum by many. Despite this coverage and the fact that the message has clearly been conveyed to the management, board and owners that has been no change at the club. With this in mind, considering the grave situation that the club now finds itself in, might it be better to turn attentions to directly supporting the players on the pitch and trying to help them towards picking up more points.

This isn't a criticism of the protest organisers or the protests themselves, I really wish that they had worked and it has been encouraging to see how passionate many Rovers fans are, but sadly the movement simply hasn't been effective.

If the same level of passion that has been displayed in recent weeks is translated into full support of the players than I have no doubt that we would create one of the most intimidating atmospheres in the league and that it would help the fight for survival. Perhaps a middle ground would be found where fans would continue to wear yellow to show their disapproval for the way that the club is being run, but that now banners would no longer be used and the 'Kean Out' and other chants would stop.

This shift in approach could be announced by the protest organisers with a statement to press, but it seems as if we are fighting a lost cause and that the effort could be put into being the crucial '12th man' that might just help us stay up.

I see your point but for me the only time that there should be a break in protesting is when kean is removed from his position and not one second before. That is regardless of results.

I would be willing to give the owners a chance to then show they have the clubs interests (finally) at heart.

I think we should concentrate on aiming at Venkys, we should just ignore Kean, and get, and stay behind he players, thus leaving nobody ANY excuses"

Banners such as

"Premier League in Fit & Proper Persons Shocker"

"Venkys go home"

"Walker Trust, would he have wanted this?"

I think we should concentrate on aiming at Venkys, we should just ignore Kean, and get, and stay behind he players, thus leaving nobody ANY excuses"

Banners such as

"Venkys go home"

Great shout with the banners.

In answer to the topic: NO

Let's ramp them another notch, and not stop until kean and venkys have gone.

I can't Beattie watch that smug bald pillock licking his lips on SSN any more whilst we are stranded bottom.

Banners such as

"Venkys go home"

Can I suggest foregoing the 'go home' suggestions!

Needs to be short though.

Venkys

Fit &

Proper?

Perhaps...?

I agree that the banners have to have more impact. The protest is wrongly being portrayed in the media as a personal attack on the donut. The media need educating about why Rovers fans are so angry. I was thinking:-

"How can you run a football club from another continent?"

"What happened to the transfer funds you promised?

"Why did we sell Jones, Emerton, Kallinic and Diouf?"

"Why did we sign Myles Anderson?"

"I thought Kean said Goodwillie is the new Rooney!"

"Kean said Ribero was the new Dennis Irwin!"

"Why is Selgado not playing - no lies please?"

"Why did we give extended contracts to so many over 30's?"

"Why was Allardyce sacked?"

"Why are agents in charge of all our transfer activity?"

"Why was nobody else interviewed when Kean got the job?"

"Stop using our club as a marketing tool for chicken burgers!"

The only problem is - banners are not allowed anymore so I still think walking round the game during the Stoke game would cause the most impact.

Banners such as

"Venkys go home"

Pointless protesting against the FA and Trust no matter how responsible they are. The FA and PL have a legal test of if its possible to own a football club not a moral or financial one, theres no requirement to show bank balances etc/ guarentee investment etc because in theory a football club should be selfsufficient, the fit and proper checks that the owners are capable business people based on their past history as regular directors of companies, criminal convictions and past efforts at running football clubs. The Walker Trust let Jack down, but tbh its pointless concentrating our efforts on them now, what would protesting against them achieve?

However,

Venky's we can affect and annoy, protests against these people is fair game, their poorbusiness decisions highlighted thats were ourefforts should be. Force them to make competent decisions or allow the board or hire FOOTBALL PEOPLE to make the decisions on a day to day basis and listen to advice or simply turn the heat up and make them sell, If Venky's can prove me wrong I'll be happy to forgive long term but they have ripped the heart out of our club and at the moment it doesnt look like they want to put it back and in fairness tbh Ive given up all hope of it coming back soon.

Archived