BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should the Protests Stop?

Eddie

Maybe that should be another topic. This one is about whether the protests have worked and I'm not the one making all the noises.

Have they balls. They've either done absolutely nothing or made the situation worse. The former at best.

I'm not having a go at protesters. I don't like this regime as much as the next fan. But it's clear that the protesting has done bog all other than made some people feel better about themselves. Good for you.

What makes me laugh is that, the moment Kean is fired, the protesters will take credit.

I don't think anyone is taking any credit for anything here. some will feel that they have done what they could. It might have seemed the wrong thing to others but then we all have to live with ourselves afterwards. Some like you may be happier feeling you've got behind the team, or stopped attending, or done nothing and others will feel they did better protesting than not. there is not one easy solution - if there were we'd have probably stumbled on it some time ago and the club would now be on its way to recovery, however slow and painful that might be. But there isn't - we all have to do what we feel is right.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But what should be right is that the manager is sacked based on crap results. That hasn't happened. Protests are obviously not going to work because they haven't the last five or six times. They've had their moment. Our fate rests with decision making by Venky's and/or results starting to go our way. I have faith in neither. Nor do I have faith in protests. Venky's, like it or not, will be looking at those and thinking "haha - screw you you ungrateful b*tches!". That's the situation. And that's why I reckon the protests have just created a prolonged civil war that's helping us get relegated.

What should be right doesn't happen in the world of anderson and Venkys though, so we have to try to change things somehow. You may not see protests working but how can you know what would be happening now if there had been no protests. do you really think we'd be in a better league position when we couldn't win for toffee last year either despite there being no protests then? do you think that protests have brought about the parlous state of the club's finances? Venkys don't care enough to engage in warfare - they've just retired to their bunker and will go their merry way. We can't win whatever we do so we might as well protest.

Thats hit the nail on the head. The protests MUST continue, because without them, the national media wouldn't even be looking at this. Certain pundits are trying to spin it against the fans, but at least they are talking about it, and about Keans management. Can you imagine how quiet it would be otherwise ? You know what they say about any publicity is good publicity.

However, the protests have to be given a positive spin as Kingsley poits out. That will make it harder for the media to target the fans. The United Statement was a great start.

The protests must be stressed as being non violent, inclusive regardless of culture race or creed, and non militant, but they must continue.

What do people feel about having a visible whip round for the BRFC Community Trust at the protests? In doing so, we'd both highlight the fact that we ARE supporting the club and also that we ARE DECENT people, who fear that the brilliant sporting and educational opportunities offered to Blackburn with Darwen's children are just as endangered as Blackburn Rovers Football Club's Premiersip survival. Would that help counter Mr Anderson's insinuations that we are not 'normal fans'?

We have today got us a Professional PR Person, will be discussing ways forward with them later in week, and i'm hoping the cost is not massive as one of the group has called in a favour,

We also now have some direct numbers to certain people who have publically supported the supporters and shown concern at the clubs fall from grace

We have today got us a Professional PR Person, will be discussing ways forward with them later in week, and i'm hoping the cost is not massive as one of the group has called in a favour,

We also now have some direct numbers to certain people who have publically supported the supporters and shown concern at the clubs fall from grace

Well done glen !

Looked forward to reading and hearing more in the coming hours, days and weeks.

Glen, If as you say, someone has called in a favour then hopefully you won't be fleeced. Whose permission do you need to collect on the streets around the ground to help fund something like this or do you have to be a charity in order to do it ??

Does anyone know ????

Good stuff Glen. Is there anything set up for supporters to donate? I think we might need a few bob.

Good stuff Glen. Is there anything set up for supporters to donate? I think we might need a few bob.

Simon Littler deals with finances, I just get things organised, there is a paypal account

Glen, If as you say, someone has called in a favour then hopefully you won't be fleeced. Whose permission do you need to collect on the streets around the ground to help fund something like this or do you have to be a charity in order to do it ??

Does anyone know ????

Dont think you can just take buckets in the street, but you can have em behind bar in public house's i guess, I'm not too sure about legislation regarding this

What do people feel about having a visible whip round for the BRFC Community Trust at the protests? In doing so, we'd both highlight the fact that we ARE supporting the club and also that we ARE DECENT people, who fear that the brilliant sporting and educational opportunities offered to Blackburn with Darwen's children are just as endangered as Blackburn Rovers Football Club's Premiersip survival. Would that help counter Mr Anderson's insinuations that we are not 'normal fans'?

Good idea Dawn. The BRFC Trust is also something that will suffer once we get relegated.

Great stuff Glen. Could you flick me the details of the paypal account please. I can't do much, but I'll do what I can.

This is the PayPal account we have always used for things, Re plane Etc, and also the Leaflets we are getting for saturday,

stevekeanout@aol.co.uk

Simon Littler controls account

We need one of these

Absolutely right! This is spot on.

Funny isn't it. There was no media condemnation of the Scousers behaviour towards Gillet, Hicks and also Hodgson. Woy was being bombarded by Liverpool fans but the media just ganged up on him and ordered his removal. Media darlings eh <_<

They need to stop the boo boys are pathetic

Who the (Please don't use that word again) are you

Does anyone know ????

The council have responsibilty for this type of activity

Been thinking about this for a while, good move, hope he is of the same ilk as Alastair Cambell, that is the 1st and last time I will give a dingle some credit

:P

I will be putting money in the PayPal account next week.

Feel helpless and desperate in Sofia awaay from turmoil.

2 things. Have I missed anything...has Jeremy Anderson issued an injunction to BRFCS or LTelegraph. 425 posts in response to an article on JA's support for Management and Owners is now not available/blocked on Telegraph web-site. Even more need for our own PR person.

Second the PayPal Account needs to be changed...we are now beyond "SteveKeanout@aol.co.uk....we need to take the person out of the catastrophe...its now RoversRenaissance we need.

They need to stop the boo boys are pathetic

I don't agree with booing during the game either but do agree with protesting and speaking up for what we believe in.

What do you suggest Maps, apart from blindly cheering a team on that's struggling with bad tactical prowess?

Bear in mind at home we've taken 6 points from a possible 15 with protests. Without protests, we have 0 from 15. (taken from Twitter)

I don't agree with booing during the game either but do agree with protesting and speaking up for what we believe in.

What do you suggest Maps, apart from blindly cheering a team on that's struggling with bad tactical prowess?

Bear in mind at home we've taken 6 points from a possible 15 with protests. Without protests, we have 0 from 15. (taken from Twitter)

booth - ignore him, he's a WUM, Troll type thing. As someone previously pointed out Maps spelt backwards is Spam. Oh how we laugh.

A shaky but bold start way back in Sept glen but your admirable perseverence is now paying off. You appear to have made good contacts and have now moved on from simply targetting the manager (which was always a mistake) and have now prioritised the enemy more accurately. This PR chappie has got to be a good move given the level of media PR being employed by the opposition against us.

btw If he's good then he'll need some form of reimbursement I'd suggest.

btw2 I'd change the name of the aol fund too. ;)

It concerns me that the propaganda being put out to the media from Keane/Venkeys in relation to the fans protests, will in the end only be turned into the reason why the club is in the situation it is and the main reason for its inevitable demise into the Championship.

Alas the Rovers I grew up with and loved are dead...long live the Rovers !

For me protest all you like on non match days, or before and after the game but during the 90 minutes leave protests against the manager/owner firmly to one side if the result is still in the balance.

And stop wearing yellow and black (as a protest). At home we play in blue and white. Always have done. You might as well turn up at the ground in claret and blue frankly.

Archived