BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should the Protests Stop?

Eddie

For me protest all you like on non match days, or before and after the game but during the 90 minutes leave protests against the manager/owner firmly to one side if the result is still in the balance.

And stop wearing yellow and black (as a protest). At home we play in blue and white. Always have done. You might as well turn up at the ground in claret and blue frankly.

Well that's the point of the black and yellow Simon, it's a visual protest. You can't tell me that's about to affect the players as well surely?

There are too many people not willing to fight for this cause at the moment. I understand your opinion with regard to not during the game if it is still in the balance etc. But I would like to think you will be attending various other protests e.g. attending the 24hour protest tomorrow, or the protest march from the Havelock or the Brown Cow on Saturday. Imagine what a huge impact could be created if, instead of 300 supporters marching, there were instead 3000! I can garauntee there are more than 3000 ###### off Rovers fans at the moment! Pulling together is the key now, not burying heads in sands!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many 'protests' have there been when the game is in the balance? I suppose 2-0 down to Bolton we still had a chance, but that apart.

Too many folk talk a good game, 'protest before and after' (they turn up at five to three and leave on full tme), or 'I agree with the march'- don't march.

Between 3 and 5pm on a Saturday, you have the world watching the PL and images of Ewood Park are beamed out- and it is the ONLY time we ever will have for getting a large mass of Rovers fans venting their spleens, including the apathetic who get caught in the moment.

For me protest all you like on non match days, or before and after the game but during the 90 minutes leave protests against the manager/owner firmly to one side if the result is still in the balance.

Nothing like protesting where no-ones listening Rev. I'm surprised they're still allowed in Blackburn. Far too risky.

I dunno...... maybe somewhere like Shap would be acceptable.

Thanks Rev, out of interest, at what score is the result still in the balance?

And stop wearing yellow and black (as a protest). At home we play in blue and white. Always have done. You might as well turn up at the ground in claret and blue frankly.

Er No!

....and what will you be doing? How are you trying to resolve this situation? Or are you quite happy to accept the current regime/performances.

Maybe that should be another topic. This one is about whether the protests have worked and I'm not the one making all the noises.

Have they balls. They've either done absolutely nothing or made the situation worse. The former at best.

I'm not having a go at protesters. I don't like this regime as much as the next fan. But it's clear that the protesting has done bog all other than made some people feel better about themselves. Good for you.

What makes me laugh is that, the moment Kean is fired, the protesters will take credit.

So El Tombro, protests don't work, mediation doesn't work, we're royally screwed then aren't we? Let's just sit back and applaud politely whilst the club implodes.

I've questioned protesting at times and believe we missed an opportunity back in November to heap pressure on Venkys by stopping and focusing the issue firmly at them- certainly about Kean.

As you've said, maybe it does make me feel a bit better. I just don't see why Venkys, kean or even the current (ahem) board should be allowed to get away with this scot free.

It's clear that alot of the players (going of Roberts and Samba's recent comments) feel lied to. They'll be happy enough to leave. For the fans, a club is for life, not just for Christmas.

Guest Rovers4Good

The protests should defo continue but the people we are aiming the protests are just not listening.

The only way we can get through is by hitting them in the pocket and that means boycotting games but the older generation (no disrespect meant here) have got a far different outlook and i'm sure they wouldn't participate in this has it gets them away from the wives and gardening. :)

The protests should defo continue but the people we are aiming the protests are just not listening.

The only way we can get through is by hitting them in the pocket and that means boycotting games but the older generation (no disrespect meant here) have got a far different outlook and i'm sure they wouldn't participate in this has it gets them away from the wives and gardening. :)

Outdoor exercise and sex? Both are things that the pasty faced braindead X Box / Faceless facebookers generation are missing out on.

Den < I dunno...... maybe somewhere like Shap would be acceptable. >

That's quite uncanny....as a BRFC season ticket holder since 1984-85, that's exactly where I'll likely be protesting tomorrow afternoon.

Hope the hardcore nero et giallo lads have sorted a brazier or two out for Nuttall St tonight.

Venkys out, JA out, SK out NOW!

Archived