BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rover V Fulham 14-01-12

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic result with the odds stacked against us, didn't think we stood a chance when I saw that Samba was not on the team sheet let alone when Yak got sent off but the players worked their socks off.

Goodwillie surprised me today, I thought he had a good game and he might get his chance to show he isn't a useless lump after all with the Yak being banned for the next 3 games.

Goodwillie was brilliant, he seems fitter and half a yard quicker than when he arrived. Unlucky not to score as well.

Agreed. That is the best I've seen Goodwillie play this season. And what an assist by the Zonz on the Formica - that is probably the best forward ball I've seen him play.

What are the excuses going to be for the doom mongers? Surely players like Dunn and Pedersen can't have a good game? Surely we can't show incredible spirit and no little artifice?

I thought it was guaranteed we'd be going down?

######

I'm delighted with the win. I wasn't optimistic before the game, less so when Samba wasn't named in the squad and lost all hope when Yakubu saw red, so I'm over the moon with that result. It will give the 'Team Kean' supporters more ammo to fire at the protesters but I couldn't care less tonight!

where you been hiding ?

one win doesnt make a summer.

but well done to the lads today, more please.

I get too wound up with all the misery so I tend to lurk, not that I've ever been that active here. I'm expecting quite a few posts doing everything bar for giving the team credit for a great win so thought I'd stick my thoughts in early.

Not quite sure what your mixed metaphor is getting at but this win has got us out of the relegation zone. A cause for celebration in my book.

Certainly no reason to rest on our laurels and I'll agree with "more please".

Troll's gonna troll. ;)

Yup! This troll attended his first game in 1971 at the age of 8 and since then has attended every game that his active service with her majesties forces over 22 years has allowed.

Edit: I take that back, As I said; Tonight I love you all! :wub:

Great win and a great performance. The difference today is that we didn't play hoof ball out of defence when winning. WE KEPT POSSESSION! Now I'm going to credit Steve Kean for that (I think) until proven otherwise. If we play that way every week I think we'll survive. I'd let Samba go and bring in some more backup.

He doesn't want to be at Rovers and I don't blame him but tonight it doesn't matter. Great win! As for Kean, I'm willing to give him more time (for now)

I get too wound up with all the misery so I tend to lurk, not that I've ever been that active here. I'm expecting quite a few posts doing everything bar for giving the team credit for a great win so thought I'd stick my thoughts in early.

Not quite sure what your mixed metaphor is getting at but this win has got us out of the relegation zone. A cause for celebration in my book.

Certainly no reason to rest on our laurels and I'll agree with "more please".

we have had false dawns before.

one swallow doesnt a summer make.

every time we win (not that often yet) all the Rovers Fans appear, and then you dont hear from them after a defeat why not.

just saying thats all.

Archived