BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rover V Fulham 14-01-12

It was chaos trying to cross Bolton Road after the match!

I asked a copper why the traffic wssn't stopped like it usually is and he replied that there is no money to pay for the extra coppers to do this.

Sadly it looks like sombody has paid the inevitable price.

Agree, absolutely chasos and looked like 4 Rovers' stewards trying to do the normal 'police job'.

Who normally pays the bill, Rovers, police or shared ?

Whatever, needs sorting - a disgrace if any supporters' lifes are put at risk.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was very surprised by the turn of phrase "get the rubbish out of the club". Do you think he meant deadwood players? Really strange - particularly with the issues around players' contracts.

Well depending on your point of view, and keep in mind his "decisions have to be made" quote he could mean, Anderson, Kean, Venkys or deadwood players. I think he was talking about the need to clear out all the bad feeling and return the club to its traditions and friendly atmosphere. At one point he did emphasise our fine tradition.

Agree, absolutely chasos and looked like 4 Rovers' stewards trying to do the normal 'police job'.

Who normally pays the bill, Rovers, police or shared ?

Whatever, needs sorting - a disgrace if any supporters' lifes are put at risk.

I think the police have been absent from this duty all season and possibly last as well?

I think the police have been absent from this duty all season and possibly last as well?

First time I noticed - usually they are there at the corner of pub that's presently closed (Ewood Arms I think).

There, they stop the traffic so that the one way stretch is free from traffic and supporters can walk in the road.

Is this a serious post? Technically poor, ok work rate. He is not good enough, we need someone in fast with the Yak's 3 game ban coming

Well you obviously didnt watch todays match.. we were down to 10 men with goodwillie having to work harder than normal and ran for every loose ball no matter how little chance he had just to put them under pressure.

He was also involved in 2 of the goals and for dunns goal he dummied 2-3 players before he got his shot away so seems technically sound.

Its a wonder why any players bother playing for us people are so harsh and easy to write them off.

Are other clubs fans as bad as this??

Well depending on your point of view, and keep in mind his "decisions have to be made" quote he could mean, Anderson, Kean, Venkys or deadwood players. I think he was talking about the need to clear out all the bad feeling and return the club to its traditions and friendly atmosphere. At one point he did emphasise our fine tradition.

There is a very quick way to unite the fans and get the feelgood factor back.

And it isn't spending money on Andy Johnson.

Sadly... Oh, you know the rest.

Very mixed feeling by everyone of goodwillies performance today. Thought he played well second half, don't think he's a lone striker though

He did ok in the second half, got very lucky with Dunnys goal, he really struggles at holding the ball up. Anyway, not getting bogged down with the negatives today.

Hanley was superb again, growing in confidence bit by bit. Givet is just a legend, class act at centre half. We are far more attacking with Olsen in the side and even Junior dug in today.

MOM was Dunny or Givet/Hanley for me. Surprise of the day was Nzonzi motoring up the park, looked quite rapid when he was at full blast.

Also, i think Formica replacing Dunny was Keans best substitution since he has been in charge. It was nice that his changes had a positive impact on the team for once.

If Dunn has made the comments you say they're possibly a little hypocritical given the fact that the likes of him and Pedersen have been amongst our worst performers this season.

Excellent display from him today though, no complaints at all and well done to him for that.

Well you obviously didnt watch todays match.. we were down to 10 men with goodwillie having to work harder than normal and ran for every loose ball no matter how little chance he had just to put them under pressure.

He was also involved in 2 of the goals and for dunns goal he dummied 2-3 players before he got his shot away so seems technically sound.

Its a wonder why any players bother playing for us people are so harsh and easy to write them off.

Are other clubs fans as bad as this??

I watched the full 90 minutes from my seat in the ground thanks. Players were quality today and put in a top effort, but he is so obviously miles off the pace in terms of quality.

You were lucky we had a player sent off. Unlucky hitting the bar too. Fair play to you ffan.

We had 30 million plus worth of attacking talent on the pitch today in Dembele, Ruiz, Zamora, Duff, Dempsey and Johnson. Only Duff, a player coming near the end of his career, can hold his head high. Would rather see players that cost a pittance by Premier League standard but have some passion than overpaid tossers that we have.

Anyway best of luck for the rest of your season, genuinely hope ye sort yourselves out and stay up. or rather that we both stay up for that matter.

We had 30 million plus worth of attacking talent on the pitch today in Dembele, Ruiz, Zamora, Duff, Dempsey and Johnson. Only Duff, a player coming near the end of his career, can hold his head high. Would rather see players that cost a pittance by Premier League standard but have some passion than overpaid tossers that we have.

Anyway best of luck for the rest of your season, genuinely hope ye sort yourselves out and stay up. or rather that we both stay up for that matter.

Thanks for that matey, you'll always be welcome on this site.

Went to the post match presser, Kean obviously happy with the result and effort, when asked about Samba said that he had text the doctor on Friday that he was ill, Kean then said he wanted to talk about the players that played today not talk about players who didn't play.

Was pressed further on the Samba story that he wanted out, Kean replied he hadn't talked to Samba about this as Samba had been ill on Friday, Kean added that Samba may had been misquoted as this has happened before.

Also added that Samba had been sent to hospital for tests as he had been complaining of stomach cramps.

On another note Martin Jol said there was interest from Rovers for Andy Johnson but Jol wanted to keep him at Fulham.

Good game and we deserved the win but I think Jol must be fuming they had so much time and possession down the their left! Lowe was left on his own a hell of alot and he coped very well.

Everyone was excellent today and a special mention to Goodwillie for the shift he put in. He ran his socks off and that is just what we need!! Was just like Dickov.

Petrovic had his best game but will reserve judgement for a few more games. He is still the worst player I have seen for some some time.

Also, without samba on the pitch we played much more football ( on the floor ) which was good to see.

My belief is that if Salgado hadn't spilled the contractual beans, Kean would still be bemoaning the loss of Salgado's experience. All we ever hear from Kran is excuses. It's never his fault. Youngest team ever? Who cares, we're bottom of the league.

I think the relative youth of our team actually helped the performance. They had energy and passion. I also suspect Samba's "illness" and Yak's red card, added to the speed and passing ability of the team and was a net positive.

Samba is a disgrace,I thought that he is supposed to be a professional........professional my @rse.

Very few players act like a true professional. They have the title and cash, but the ethics went out the door a long time ago. Folks like Nelsen and Salgado being the exception, not the rule.

1 - 0 Rovers Pedersen free kick!

I will never doubt his ability from a deadball situation again. It was a magnificent strike.

I thought it was guaranteed we'd be going down?

It's shaping into a five way race for relegation. Three points separate the bottom 5. Of Wigan, Bolton, QPR, Blackburn and Wolves, which has the worst manager?

And Wigan and QPR both have a game in hand, and play each other next week. Which means that one or both will pick up points within a week's time.

On the plus side:

Wigan play ManC and Spurs before the end of the month (and QPR).

Bolton play Liverpool and Arsenal before the end of the month.

Rovers play only Everton, so we could add to our points and have a bit of space to get matters sorted.

QPR play Newcastle (and Wigan). I'm rooting for Newcastle to thrash QPR.

Wolves play Aston Villa and Liverpool.

So for the balance of the month, I'm a temporary fan of ManC, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle and Aston Villa.

Come to think of it ... every time we organise a march or protest before home game we WIN ......

we must protest before every home game .... :wstu:

Absolutely. Whatever it takes to win. :rover:

Yup! This troll attended his first game in 1971 at the age of 8 and since then has attended every game that his active service with Her Majesty's Forces over 22 years has allowed.

I believe the above modification is more appropriate.

And thank you for your service in preserving Western civilization.

Edit: I take that back, As I said; Tonight I love you all! :wub:

Don't ask, don't tell.

THere is definitely a theme developing of us playing well against teams that give us space - Liverpool, Fulham, Man Utd, Swansea, Arsenal - but really struggle against physical harassing sides.

We have Everton next away, they will play high tempo and really close us down. That's going to be a real litmus test to see if we have turned the corner.

I've noticed the same thing. We need a Jermaine Jones type to put some bite in the midfield.

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw Hoilett defending today! :mellow: Junior's approach, in general, was a little more team-oriented today; more of a "pass first", or "pass when it makes sense to pass" approach.

Perhaps he's figured out that not contributing on both sides of the field results in: 1) not a lot of offers for his services; and, 2) more time on the bench?

Gamst actually scored today and had 100% effort and even some rough tackles :mellow:

MGP was the man of the match for me.

Steve's the man !!!

Thank you. But please hold the praise.

Now for a nice bottle, or two, of wine to celebrate.

Jack and coke for me. My wife "forgot" to restock the beer.

Everton, Newcastle, Arsenal, QPR next and we need to get at least 5 points from those games. City and Newcastle doing the business this weekend would make good day even better.

I'd focus on a point or better from Everton. We can beat them.

Deal with the rest as they come.

Likewise, ffan. Good luck (except against the Rovers).

Fantastic result for Rovers.

I thought that Petrovic was the best player on the pitch while he was on, his range of passing was superb and covered quite a lot of ground, unfortunately he was the logical choice to be taken off after Yak was shown the red card.

Very impressed with the with our short passing game and the movement of the players, this something that we have done over the last 4 games. Proud of the the commitment and passion that the players showed out there, never seen a Rovers side do so well with 10 men, Kean even got his substitutions right.

Fulham were poor, a big problem for them is in midfield they had no one who could tackle, consequently even when we had 10 men we were able to pass the ball around without to much pressure from the Fulham midfield.

Well done to the 18,000 who turned up (it was blooming freezing) but atmosphere in the second half was excellent. It's still going to be difficult to stay up, bit we've now picked up 7 points from the last 12.

Very interesting comments from Dunny at the end of the game, he clearly understands what the fans are angry about and I sensed that he was angry with the owners as well, if Neil had pushed him further I am sure he would've said more.

Looking forward to Match of the day for once!

Yeah, agree with all of that Kamy.

Credit to the team and manager today - good win in another must-win game, after being down to 10 men quite early on.

Petrovic was looking very good, but in fairness Dunn did well after staying on.

Hanley immense again - I think I may have been wrong about this lad.

Robbo showed exactly why he is the number 1 GK at Rovers.

Archived