BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rover V Fulham 14-01-12

Enjoyed yesterday. We scored at the right times with the Formica goal being a real cracker.

Dunn didn't jump onto the concourse as has been suggested, but whatever words were exchanged it seemed to galvanise Dunn into a MOM performance.

But...just how bad were Fulham?

I think along with Wolves they are as bad as we have seen down at Ewood this year. Thinking about it, there has only really been Spurs and City that were clearly better than us. The rest has been a much of a muchness. If we play like yesterday for 75% of the remaining games we can catch Fulham.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wondered what that was all about.

anyone see what happened afterwards on bolton road near the bburn end. id crossed over the road and i heard a bang from behind, next thing a car screeched away as a guy chased him, he grabbed the window which was open but didnt let go as the car sped away and was drag along with the car for about 5-7 metres. the police chased the car and stopped him a little further up livesey branch. an ambulance come flying down a min later and i heard quite a few sirens after that.

did this driver hit someone before the guy grabbed the window of the car

For me the game yesterday showed how important hoillet is to us, we where so dangerous on the break with ollson and hoillet combining on a number of occasions and hoillet seems to have become more intelligent in his play. As in he now does not just run like a headless chicken (pardon the punt) but now seems to know when to make te right pass and/or switch play.

People who say "let him go", "he's overrated", "can do without him" need to look at yesterday's performance from the little fella.

He was actually more restrained for once for me. Still don't think he is as fit as he can be, if we break away he is jogging back and not helping out defensively for a good 2 minutes. But he played with more control and intelligence yesterday.

Olsen was a huge difference to the entire team, gives us an outlet down the left.

Great result yesterday...first time in a long time that I actually enjoyed watching Rovers

Seemed to make a big difference in the style with the fact that Samba was not playing...hardly any long ball ?

But, talking of Samba, how on earth does Kean have the nerve to come out with the rubbish he spouted yesterday about him going to hospital for tests when there are pictures on social media of him out shopping in Manchester ?

Yet more lies !

I just wish the club would just start telling the truth !

I've read the quotes and to me it seems like Kean is calling Samba's bluff here. Everyone knows it will be to do with Samba wanting away, but Samba will maintain he is ill, therefore call him on it which Kean is doing, fair play. Before anyone gets on my back, I'm not a Kean fan but in this instance I like what he's said

A bloke was about to light a cigarette until he got told he was on camera, he then said something along the lines of "f**k off" and then the police where called. It was embarrassing to watch, and all of this "we do what we want" crap is ridiculous, let United keep their chants

Half time in the Darwen End was particularly embarrassing yesterday. If it was all to do with a cigarette, then the bloke got what he deserved, but there seemed to be an awful lot a police around yesterday, and it was due to kick off at some stage anyway. The usual heathens were of course to the fore, especially one with a kid of around 8 or 9 on his shoulders, and the 'stupid hat' bloke with his entourage.

All of this could have been avoided if the the stewards/police/club could manage the smoking issue at half time every week. It's like the smog of the 19th century in the toilets.

i wondered what that was all about.

anyone see what happened afterwards on bolton road near the bburn end. id crossed over the road and i heard a bang from behind, next thing a car screeched away as a guy chased him, he grabbed the window which was open but didnt let go as the car sped away and was drag along with the car for about 5-7 metres. the police chased the car and stopped him a little further up livesey branch. an ambulance come flying down a min later and i heard quite a few sirens after that.

did this driver hit someone before the guy grabbed the window of the car

It happened after I'd gone past, but a lot of cars were beeping horns and trying to drive through the crowd. Accident waiting to happen. A car actually nudged my leg as it was trying to drive through.

Great result yesterday...first time in a long time that I actually enjoyed watching Rovers

Seemed to make a big difference in the style with the fact that Samba was not playing...hardly any long ball ?

But, talking of Samba, how on earth does Kean have the nerve to come out with the rubbish he spouted yesterday about him going to hospital for tests when there are pictures on social media of him out shopping in Manchester ?

Yet more lies !

Or Samba telling the truth would be a better start.

Or Samba telling the truth would be a better start.

But he has told the truth...that he wants to leave !

We only have Kean's word that he text in sick complaining of stomach pain

For all we know Samba might have sent Kean the text we all want to send him....telling him to **** off !!

I did'nt go and watched it on a dodgy river but have to agree with match announcer and Steve Moss, Pederson was Brilliant today, he had plenty of energy got everywhere, gave options when we had the ball and threw himself into the other team when we lost the ball, his work rate was second to none today and got us a goal which won us the game tbh.

Kean is out of his depth but he did'nt do a thing wrong today and the team are still playing for him, big kudos to both him and the team, first time for ages I have seen us look confident holding the ball when we go in front.

Very happy with the performance and the points, (Never a fecking red card though) cant even challenge for the ball these days.

If you don't think that tackle was dangerous and worthy of a red card, then all I can say is "thank the Good Lord that you are not a referee". :rolleyes:

Yet more lies !

How do you know what Samba said to "the club" when he called in to say he was not fit? For all that ANY of us know he could well have said that he was going to the hospital for a check-up. And further to that: how do any of us know that that is not what happened before he was out shopping?

Things are bad enough at the club as it stands without people making unproven suggestions.

I think along with Wolves they are as bad as we have seen down at Ewood this year. Thinking about it, there has only really been Spurs and City that were clearly better than us. The rest has been a much of a muchness. If we play like yesterday for 75% of the remaining games we can catch Fulham.

Sort of agree with us. Few teams have looked that good at Ewood. However it is about how you play. If Fulham had concentrated on getting the ball into the box like Stoke/Bolton/Spurs etc then I think it would have been a different story.

I mean they hit the post and produced a wonderful save from Robinson as it was, they had loads of possession, but they just kept on with sloppy passing, and poor delivery.

Fulham are a good side but thy were lazy, unmotivated and tacticlly very poor yesterday. Not sure it is going to bethat indicative f how we perform at Everton. Would love to be proved wrong.

• Moderation Lead

Thought we were actually half decent yesterday, glad someone clarified what happened in the DE at HT, obviously there is always a negative attitude towards stewards, but when people are complaining about those in authority when smoking indoors, they've only themselves to blame.

• Backroom

How do you know? You didn't go.

If I didn't go I would like to know who was in my seat then.

Tris / Glenn / Glen / Stu who was that lad who looked like me you spoke to at half time?

• Backroom

In other news what in gods name happened with the half time riot in the Darwen End? One minute I'm watching a VT of goals this season, the next minute there's around 100 fans crowded around police throwing bottles and burgers singing "you only ###### on your own fans" and "we're Blackburn Rovers we do what we want"?

Christ that's truly pathetic, embarassing stuff by the kids if true

Yesterday was amazing, can't remember the last time I enjoyed a match or result as much (even the Man u one)

I was just proud as the team showed effort, heart and willingness...everyone of them!

Atmosphere was the best I have seen this season and it pushed the boys on. It became a little less us against Kean and more us against the ref and Fulham which it should always have been.

Loved it!

Glad he has saw the light regarding the Sunderland game, worst match I have ever seen live! It was horrific.

P.S did Shearer called the Yak Samba? haha

It happened after I'd gone past, but a lot of cars were beeping horns and trying to drive through the crowd. Accident waiting to happen. A car actually nudged my leg as it was trying to drive through.

Saw it all. The guy driving was a prick and could easily have killed anybody who was around him. Does anyone know if the guy hurt is ok. It looked serious to me.

• Moderation Lead

anyone know how the guy who got knocked down is? hope they caught the scumbag who did it!!!

Yeah, it's a mate's uncle, he's alright I think, and they caught the guy, hopefully he'll be getting some jail time!

Fulham are a good side but thy were lazy, unmotivated and tacticlly very poor yesterday. Not sure it is going to bethat indicative f how we perform at Everton. Would love to be proved wrong.

I think you have hit the nagel on the kopf.

When a Kean team can beat an opposing team in this manner, you have to say then that the writing is on the wall for Martin Jol.

Jol is a very poor manager IMO. Rumoured to do very little behind the scenes and signs the same players for every club he moves too, who just happen to be with his own agent.

My take on the red card is that Yak should have had a free-kick for a blatant barge in the back by Hangeland.

Without that push he would have controlled the ball and not had to make the challenge at all.

Spot on. I thought exactly the same at the time. I was so incensed by the injustice I damned near left the ground.

There was hardly a barge, slight contact.

Unfortunately I think with the letter of the law it is a sending off. His foot was very high, true the ball was bouncing, but most of all he went in studs up! Everyone knows that quite often this leads to a red card

hollows you are obviously someone who knows all the rules but nothing of the game.

I too saw this. Was walking past the guy in question at half time and over heard him saying that Dunny called him over and said "What's your problem" to which the supporter in question replied "You are my problem, you are not moving fast enough". It was in reference to Dunny closing down 3 Fulham defenders when we were down to 10 men.

Fair play to Dunny for confronting the bloke, galvanised the crowd behind him/the team.

I'm with the bloke. Dunny's instinct is to get forward all the time, given the paucity of defending ability in our midfield he needs to balance that with getting back or at least 2 yards goal side of his opposite number.

Half time in the Darwen End was particularly embarrassing yesterday. If it was all to do with a cigarette, then the bloke got what he deserved, but there seemed to be an awful lot a police around yesterday, and it was due to kick off at some stage anyway. The usual heathens were of course to the fore, especially one with a kid of around 8 or 9 on his shoulders, and the 'stupid hat' bloke with his entourage.

All of this could have been avoided if the the stewards/police/club could manage the smoking issue at half time every week. It's like the smog of the 19th century in the toilets.

I watched one match from the Darwen End and I can confirm that the toilets are a real smokers den. Not saying that I don't sympathise with drug addicts who don't have the mental strength to do without their fix but there is a complete disregard for a. the rules and b. other people.

But he has told the truth...that he wants to leave !

We only have Kean's word that he text in sick complaining of stomach pain

For all we know Samba might have sent Kean the text we all want to send him....telling him to **** off !!

More like "you and your lot lot are making me sick"

When a Kean team can beat an opposing team in this manner, you have to say then that the writing is on the wall for Martin Jol.

And for assorted numpties who maintained on here last year that he is a better manager than allardyce.

Don't know if anybody else noticed but yesterday during half time one of the coaches was giving our subs a good warm up, instead of the usual hands in pockets keep up that they usually do.

Sure Abbey mentioned about them doing nothing at half time in the Stoke game.

This isn't something they usually do and it seemed to pay off a bit with Formica.

Archived