BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rover V Fulham 14-01-12

Did MGP, stick his middle finger up at his doubters today?

Shame on you, shame.

;)

Today he did! He did everything right wand worked hard.

I have doubted him because he has looked all over the place in games gone and I excpected more from his experience with all the young players filling in for injuries, but today with a few players back he looked good.

I have never doubted dunn, I think he has just been played in the wrong position - today he wasnt and he was effective and looked dangerous.

But was good decision by kean to bring on formica for freshness and pace and it paid off.!

Kean got it right for once!!! Im in shock!! I cant fault him or the lads today. NOW MORE OF THAT PLEASE!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Felt very sorry for Petrovic today, he was the best player on the pitch in his short spell. Big credit to Lowe, Givet and Hanley, they shut out Dempsey, Zamora, Ruiz, Johnson out very well.

Well done to fellow protestors of last night and today... You are a big credit and I was proud to stand with you all.

Steve's the man !!!

Going down, no chance.

Until we scored, and Robbo kept us in business, thought Ewood had a stench of relegation about it.

We will always score goals and Jol, who I don't rate as a manager, must be absolutely livid. Fulham don't half fanny about and apart from a 10 minute spell when we went 2 up, I thought Fulham lacked any real sort of incisiveness.

Don't think anyone had a bad game for us today. Robbo was world class and I thought Petro, at last, was showing us a bit of what he had to offer until Kean made the tactical switch.

Feeling far happier tonight and yes, I think we are staying-up.

Now for a nice bottle, or two, of wine to celebrate.

What am I on about? YOU predicted we would lose 2-1. Can't remember your own prediction forrest? :wstu:

I've already explained that in a previous post, wake up and read before you try insulting me.

Don't bother responding because your on ignore now, no troll food left sorry.

I think the lads were amazing today, truly amazing. Showed passion and commitment for the shirt.

Did Kean get it right today? I thought when Yak was on the pitch it look same old-same old. They hit the cross bar and could have been in front. Yak gets sent off and original tactics go out of the window. For me it was the team themselves that really showed their mettle. Every single one of them played their socks off.

I won't be convinced of Kean being manager until we string some results together and even then his and Del Boy's PR offensive against the fans won't be forgotten about for a long time. We have been here before, remember Swansea? I'm now in the process of trying to hide from any Kean interviews to keep this evening pure.

But ending on a positive, in these dark times you should take it when you can, team performance was awesome and I'm going to forget all of the other issues surrounding the club for an evening.

Long, long time since we left Ewood grinning. I wasn't so sure about our first half performance but thought the whole team was excellent in the second half though Fulham dif try to pass the ball to death which does suit our style.

VERY interesting to hear Dunny on Radio Rovers. He spoke more sense than anyone I've heard from BRFC for months, he's a fan and understands. Talked about the need for decisions to be made, the rubbish being cleared out of the club and for the owners to communicate more. I sensed he had other things to say but was holding back for obvious reasons. Well said Dunny.

Everton, Newcastle, Arsenal, QPR next and we need to get at least 5 points from those games. City and Newcastle doing the business this weekend would make good day even better.

It's no coincidence that we played better when Yak was sent off. The defence and midfield were forced to play the ball on the ground and couldn't hoof it forward at every opportunity. N'Zonzi was great going forward in the second half and having Olsson and Junior down the left gave us a real outlet. Goodwillie did well second half when he worked the channels and should really have scored himself before Dunny fired in. UTR!

Some good points made above about Pretrovic. I was pretty disappointed with his performances at the start but the light seems to have come on a bit. It does take time to adapt to the premiership for most players and if he and N'Zonzi can get a partnership going that gives us a defensive platform it'd be huge.

Also have to mention Kean's remark that Samba "texted the club doctor on Friday to say he was ill" this after he had trained "really, really well on Thursday. "

I don't think we'll see Samba in a Rovers shirt again. Texting the doctor, my arse.

Some good points made above about Pretrovic. I was pretty disappointed with his performances at the start but the light seems to have come on a bit. It does take time to adapt to the premiership for most players and if he and N'Zonzi can get a partnership going that gives us a defensive platform it'd be huge.

He looked really calm and reassured for his short spell today and sprayed some cracking passes... Unfortunately being subbed won't have done his confidence much good but hey ho. Hopefully he'll carry that on next week.

• Backroom

Also have to mention Kean's remark that Samba "texted the club doctor on Friday to say he was ill" this after he had trained "really, really well on Thursday. "

I don't think we'll see Samba in a Rovers shirt again. Texting the doctor, my arse.

Hopefully not.

DID YOU KNOW?

Continue reading the main story

Blackburn are the first team in Premier League history to fail to keep a clean sheet in any of their opening 21 games of a campaign

We really need to sort this out. Will we be the first team in the prem to go a whole season without a clean sheet?

so 2000 protest with their feet.

Possibly as not many people chanted anything negative in the crowd.....oh and for those that always like to refer how we win when protests happen in the ground....well today the fans were behind the team 100% in the ground and look what happened.

Petrovic did very well before he had to go for a more attacking player. Hanley & Givet were excellent, and Olsson showed he can be a very good left back.

2nd half the midfield were excellent also, and NZonzi running forward with the ball was like a different player.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

I think I will text my doctor,

I have a bad dose of the Venkys

I agree he looked like the Old Trafford Petrovic today.

More of the same please.

Top performance second half, we played much better without all the hoofing to yak and samba. we kept the ball well, second half down both flanks we played some good stuff, 3rd goal pure class! When i heard about samba before the game, then yak getting sent off i thought we'd be hammered. Hanley is starting to look a good defender. Some big positives today. The only thing that still bugs away at me when we win is always seems to be down to enforced changes. The yak is pure class but if it means dropping him to play that style with goodwillie battling away and the ball being retained on the floor i'd go for it.

Not bottom of league, not even bottom 3 :rover:

Long, long time since we left Ewood grinning. I wasn't so sure about our first half performance but thought the whole team was excellent in the second half though Fulham dif try to pass the ball to death which does suit our style.

VERY interesting to hear Dunny on Radio Rovers. He spoke more sense than anyone I've heard from BRFC for months, he's a fan and understands. Talked about the need for decisions to be made, the rubbish being cleared out of the club and for the owners to communicate more. I sensed he had other things to say but was holding back for obvious reasons. Well said Dunny.

Everton, Newcastle, Arsenal, QPR next and we need to get at least 5 points from those games. City and Newcastle doing the business this weekend would make good day even better.

I heard this too Paul.

I was very surprised by the turn of phrase "get the rubbish out of the club". Do you think he meant deadwood players? Really strange - particularly with the issues around players' contracts.

I can't work Dunny out. Some weeks he seems with the fans and some weeks with Kean (I.e. against the fans).

Archived