BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric Black

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asst Mgr No.4 come in please. BBC website reports Curbs out of the running Warnock gone to Leeds only Bruce left thus Black will follow.

Wolves are now speaking to Gus Poyet Brighton manager.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7534501/Wolves-make-Poyet-enquiry

Surely now Wolves are not going to appoint Bruce as manager

I reckon they will go for Roy Keane on a short term deal!

Bruce isn't keen on a short deal being offered by Wolves!!!

Hopefully they do get keane, he won't keep them up.

I still think Bruce will take it eventually even though he is making noises about wanting a long term deal. My feeling is a compromise will be reached and he'll accept a short term deal with a guaranteed extension if he keeps them up.

Think Bruce will land the job and will then be interesting to see what clause, if any, Black manged to get in his contract. Rumour is that it is a 'fixed fee' release clause which falls significantly come the end of the season.

1329764228[/url]' post='1227244']

Very much doubt Poyet will go to Wolves. He is looking for bigger clubs. Still think it will be Bruce on a short term deal.

Agree, Brighton seem like they are on their way to becoming a Premier League promotion contender in the next year or two, and are on the up and up - Poyet would be daft to leave that setup for a place like Wolves right now...he might see his old club swap leagues with him.

Agree it will probably be either R. Keane or Bruce. Hard to say which I'd prefer. I think Bruce would definitely keep them down in the mire with us, but at the same wouldn't at all be surprised if that left us looking for our fourth asst. in one season, as has been mentioned. Keane could be a hot or cold appointment for them.

Agree, Brighton seem like they are on their way to becoming a Premier League promotion contender in the next year or two, and are on the up and up - Poyet would be daft to leave that setup for a place like Wolves right now...he might see his old club swap leagues with him.

Agree it will probably be either R. Keane or Bruce. Hard to say which I'd prefer. I think Bruce would definitely keep them down in the mire with us, but at the same wouldn't at all be surprised if that left us looking for our fourth asst. in one season, as has been mentioned. Keane could be a hot or cold appointment for them.

I'd be disappointed if Poyet left my local team brighton for Wolves. He is a top manager who would easily keep wolves up. It won't happen though. My feeling is that brighton will level out and become a decent championship team rather than a prem team but would be silly for him to leave now.

One of the reasons I would be less ecstatic if kean got sacked now (which won't happen either) is that the quality of managers out there is low. The two outstanding managers (hughes and o'neill) have now been taken.

Surely Wolves is a bigger job than brighton. He'd jump at it.

I'd be disappointed if Poyet left my local team brighton for Wolves. He is a top manager who would easily keep wolves up. It won't happen though. My feeling is that brighton will level out and become a decent championship team rather than a prem team but would be silly for him to leave now.

One of the reasons I would be less ecstatic if kean got sacked now (which won't happen either) is that the quality of managers out there is low. The two outstanding managers (hughes and o'neill) have now been taken.

This is a hard one to call. Few weeks ago I would have said never. He is doing a good job at brighton. He also loves the set up there.

He did think of Leeds, but considered them too big for the time being. But he may consider wolves smaller club.

Like you, brighton is my local club. I do not think they will go up this season. I also do not think they are ready yet. Poyet though is an up and coming manager.

Surely Wolves is a bigger job than brighton. He'd jump at it.

At one time maybe. Not too sure now. They have big plans with money behind. Their owner is like Jack un some ways. He supports the club. He gave them a.very large loan. Which is not due to be paid until 2023.

Venkys should take note. This club, like rovers were, is run properly.

Wolves take Poyet and they will go down.

They need a manager with top experience who can come in, earn instant respect, and more importantly work with what he has been given as the transfer window is now gone.

Bruce will also take them down.....Be interesting to see who they go for.....Surely a better championship bet would ce Chris Houghton (sp)?

Archived