BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric Black

On paper, a good appointment but stands to further reinforce Kean's position. Talk of Big Col and Tugay was romantic nonsense, he'd never bring in someone with the potential to undermine is own position.

Still can't quite come to terms with the fact that Kean has made it through to the other side and proven himself to be unsackable though.

He's going to be here for years and years, or until the money completely dries up. Talk about a rock and a hard place...

I'm pleased with the appointment but not pleased with the " get out " clause. At least we'll something in compensation when he goes though.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Away like a shot if and when Bruce gets a position.

"Apart from that, all he can do is wait for the telephone to ring. He doesn’t rule out becoming a manager in his own right, as he was at Motherwell and Coventry City, nor does he close the door on Scotland – “I’m not good enough to pick and choose where I work” – but his immediate preference is to follow Bruce, with whom he also worked at Birmingham City and Wigan Athletic. “I still feel that I’m part of a team with Steve so that would be my priority. I’ve certainly enjoyed the experience of working with him and working in the Premier League. If the opportunity arose, I would certainly go back and work with him. If not, I would have to look at other avenues. You never know.”

Bit of background in the interview coaching roles Etc.

Full article. Scotsman.

Bruce must be next.....it has to be. Interested to see who's idea it was to bring Black in.

You mean Black is a plant and will eventually stab Kean in the back and Bruce will step in,

That could never happen at a well run club, never

:blink:

Guest Rovers4Good

Pub Quiz 5 years hence: Which club had more Assistant Managers than home wins in 2011-2012?

Funniest joke i've heard in ages. :)

splitscreen's right; but I reckon it's a big "if".

"Mrs Doubtfire", as Bruce was known to some of his own supporters, has surely made a laughing stock of himself [not just to those fans, but to the wider football public] by the turnover of players [usually his buddy Fergie's cast-offs] that there had been at the Stadium of Shight and the lack of success they had during his time there.

Btw; can I add my name to those thanking blueboy for his quiz question! :D

The longer this goes on then the less likely he is to come.

Time Black, IMO, was told to sling his hook.

We need guys who are passionate about our club and who do not see Rovers as just a 'job filler'.

A step up from the previous 2 No2s but would be surprised if he is still in that role next season. So many reasons why he might leave, eg following Bruce somewhere, can't believe he is no2 to such a numpty, hacked off with the club set up, sacked.....etc etc.

He's already done that at Coventry !

I think the Coventry fans were a tad underwhelmed !

Where did you hear this?

Spoke to a Coventry City ST holder who said the guy was a legend and said he wore a black t shirt as did a majority of fans at the next home game after he was sacked to show their displeasure. Does that sound like they were underwhelmed??

Took them from near relegation zone to brink of play offs.

Where did you hear this?

Spoke to a Coventry City ST holder who said the guy was a legend and said he wore a black t shirt as did a majority of fans at the next home game after he was sacked to show their displeasure. Does that sound like they were underwhelmed??

Took them from near relegation zone to brink of play offs.

Out of interest, why was he sacked?

Out of interest, why was he sacked?

Wiki states it was for "being inconsistent"

But they actually believed that they should have been promoted within 3 years of relegation. Called it operation premiership in fact.

They are still trying to achieve the main goal of getting out of the division and look set to achieve it this season.

The longer this goes on then the less likely he is to come.

Time Black, IMO, was told to sling his hook.

We need guys who are passionate about our club and who do not see Rovers as just a 'job filler'.

I used to agree with a fair amount of your posts, you seem to have gone into overdrive with negativity recently though!

Anyone with a half decent record will have to have a long, hard think before committing themselves to us in our current state. It could potentially damage their CV through no fault of their own.

"Passion" is absolutely useless when it comes to being an assistant manager. We want someone who knows what they are doing, and everything suggests Black does. He's worth waiting for, we won't attract anyone better.

I used to agree with a fair amount of your posts, you seem to have gone into overdrive with negativity recently though!

Anyone with a half decent record will have to have a long, hard think before committing themselves to us in our current state. It could potentially damage their CV through no fault of their own.

"Passion" is absolutely useless when it comes to being an assistant manager. We want someone who knows what they are doing, and everything suggests Black does. He's worth waiting for, we won't attract anyone better.

Agreed. Passion and heart (even wearing it on their sleeve) are useless.

We need someone who can organise us in a way that we can keep a clean sheet. Imagine how good we will be if we can sort that out.

Agreed. Passion and heart (even wearing it on their sleeve) are useless.

We need someone who can organise us in a way that we can keep a clean sheet. Imagine how good we will be if we can sort that out.

We won't need to imagine, cocco will let us know

Still no official announcement.

How much does he want this job ?

Firstly, we are given to believe that he wanted days to think over and then, possibly, contractual issues.

If I was recruiting and a potential candidate behaved like that, he or she would be told to sling it.

Time to move on, I think.

Archived