BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric Black

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to admit I've never heard of the guy.

He was a very decent forward at Aberdeen and has had a few coaching posts. I actually think he's quite a prestigious appointment given the circumstances. I think he has a decent reputation in the game and I'm a bit surprised that he is putting this at risk by joining the Ewood circus.

Its not a risk joining us now though really is it? No one will blame him if we go down.

I suppose not but it will be on his CV. Guilt by association?

Either way I think he's a good choice although I suspect he will consider the gig moderately better than being out of work and may keep an eye on what might become available in the meantime.

What I find astounding is this bit in Nicko's article :

"The final points of the deal - contract terms and possible compensation if he is approached by another team during Rovers' survival fight - are being sorted out".

We all know that where Bruce goes, Black goes.

So, we might be looking for a fourth number 2 within weeks. What a shambles.

IMO,for this reason, he should not even have been considered.

He won the European cup as a player under Sir Alex. I was happy when I heard we were interested and I'm surprised he said yes.

A good appointment hopefully.

Cup winners cup wasn't it?

Anyhow just a so-so announcement nothing to get excited about. I suppose he'll be be the next coach to try his hand at management when Kean does go...cheap option you see..

Cup winners cup wasn't it?

Anyhow just a so-so announcement nothing to get excited about. I suppose he'll be be the next coach to try his hand at management when Kean does go...cheap option you see..

He's already done that at Coventry !

I think the Coventry fans were a tad underwhelmed !

Well let's hope nobody is daft enough to give Bruce a job! :D

I agree with Mercerman though why even consider an appointment that might leave in a few weeks everything Venkys have done decisions wise has been short term Jensen,Clement short term rolling contract someone needs to tell Venkys this is football management in real life not FM have to say like everyone in Blackburn I'm hoping he stays longer than the previous 2.

On paper, a good appointment but stands to further reinforce Kean's position. Talk of Big Col and Tugay was romantic nonsense, he'd never bring in someone with the potential to undermine is own position.

Still can't quite come to terms with the fact that Kean has made it through to the other side and proven himself to be unsackable though.

He's going to be here for years and years, or until the money completely dries up. Talk about a rock and a hard place...

Archived