BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric Black

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going predict that we will keep a clean in the next three games and see a marked improvement to our organisation on the field...and not because Kean has suddenly inherited tactical skills.

The best managers surround themselves with the best people. Hopefully he is learning this.

Are you high?

Sadly not. I just think Black will bring the tactical experience that we require to at least scrape a few clean sheets before the end of the season. I had previously said we'd go a full calendar year without a clean sheet if Kean and Clement remained until April.

I'm going predict that we will keep a clean in the next three games and see a marked improvement to our organisation on the field...and not because Kean has suddenly inherited tactical skills.

I seem to recollect that some posters thought we had turned the corner when we signed Paul Clement and they got very excited by the super losing performances against top teams Spurs and Chelsea.

We then started playing the 'winnable' games and the rest is history.

It would take any new assistant time to make his mark. Too late for tomorrow but, hopefully, should have had some impact by the time we play the Geordies at home.

Wish him well - at least he's used to, IMO, working with a numpty.

Sadly not. I just think Black will bring the tactical experience that we require to at least scrape a few clean sheets before the end of the season. I had previously said we'd go a full calendar year without a clean sheet if Kean and Clement remained until April.

We'll see over time but he is a good coach. I'm just not sure he'll have had much time to affect things in time for Everton. However you can never underestimate the power of a Scotsman, so who knows.

Can we still finish in the top 10?

anything-is-possible-for-him-who-believes-n11-lebanon-united-states+1152_12944559179-tpfil02aw-30303.jpg

Black is a good coach, but ultimately he's only as good as the managers directives. It's ok saying about the relative success at Wigan and Brum, but when the manager fails so do the coaches. Jensen was poor. Results under Kean and Clement were as poor and he is an excellent coach. Look who he's gone working for. Like I said it really is all about the manager. I hope Kean has learned so much and is getting the hang of being a manager, I'm highly dubious though. I cant stand Kean an I'll never warm to him, but if the Rovers stay up then so be it.

• 4 weeks later...

Curbs name doing the rounds for Wolves job....so perhaps he is 1st choice? Bruce would be unpopular with the fans so cant see it

Asst Mgr No.4 come in please. BBC website reports Curbs out of the running Warnock gone to Leeds only Bruce left thus Black will follow.

Archived