BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Williams gone?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No surprise and, possibly, not the last this week !

Will create a huge vacuum in an area responsible for generating close on 20% of the club's turnover.

It's like a systematic destruction of our once great club.

Very sad to hear this news. All the very best, Simon, you will be missed.

Roversmum - be interested in your views of Venky's now which presumably will have changed from your trip to Pune, or have they ?

Not having a go at you either but what struck me after your Pune trip was how convinced you were that these, IMO, idiots, were so genuine, sincere and fiercely ambitious about Rovers.

Really not surprised. I can't believe that anyone with any credibility wants to be associated with the trainwreck that Blackburn Rovers has become. Listening to how the AGM went I really do wonder what has become of our club. The small town family club that was respected by all has long since gone. I'm sure Simon will soon be snapped up - it seems that those who leave the club don't have a problem getting fixed up with other clubs who clearly have more respect for the work they have done that a certain lady in Pune! I can only look forward to the day that we see the back of Desai and her clan!

You really should give up making such statements.

Whoever has been feeding you info, be it your bookmaker or not, keeps letting you down. :)

I gave a poster on this board two names at weekend who I understood were vulnerable. One has now gone.

I do not need to justify myself to anyone.

I do not play games, if I think I know something then I share it.

Well give me back the money I put on your tip for assistant manager.

Don't worry I didn't actually believe what you said.

As they say, a broken clock is right twice.

As they say, a broken clock is right twice.

twice a day

As they say, a broken clock is right twice a day.

(Thanks Yoda)

Get plenty e/w on Somersby in the VC chase at Ascot on Saturday. Current odds are about 6/1. Fill your boots and then say thanks !

• Backroom

I gave a poster on this board two names at weekend who I understood were vulnerable. One has now gone.

I do not need to justify myself to anyone.

I do not play games, if I think I know something then I share it.

He has a point though, anytime anything happens you say you had heard rumblings or been told about it. Maybe you have info but it's annoying when people claim to know stuff and don't back it up

Anyway on topic good luck Simon, top bloke, probably better off out of there as a few of them at Ewood would be.

He has a point though, anytime anything happens you say you had heard rumblings or been told about it.

Anyway on topic good luck Simon, top bloke, probably better off out of there as a few of them at Ewood would be.

Please don't make statements that are not correct. Suspect that it's a bit personal with you - always seem to enjoy getting in some sly digs. Not exactly covered yourself in glory with the FF have you.

Anyhow, enough is enough. Will now stick to making observations only.

• Backroom

Nothing personal about it at all I don't know you from Adam, just an observation, it's constant, you said a few dates which you heard Kean would be gone by (in fact I'm sure you put your 'credibility' against the last one), you had heard who the assistant was then changed tact at the last minute, last January you told us you heard Hoilett (or Samaba i forget) was faking an injury and played his last game for us, you told us massive news was breaking that never broke and anytime something does break you had heard about it already.

He has gone as Iv just spoke with him and he confirmed it.

Said the time was right for him and he leaves happy and will continue to support the club with his dad.

Top bloke who did a great job for the fans, especially with his idea to reduce season ticket prices with the extra tv cash

Nothing personal about it at all I don't know you from Adam, just an observation, it's constant, you said a few dates which you heard Kean would be gone by (in fact I'm sure you put your 'credibility' against the last one), you had heard who the assistant was then changed tact at the last minute, last January you told us you heard Hoilett (or Samaba i forget) was faking an injury and played his last game for us, you told us massive news was breaking that never broke and anytime something does break you had heard about it already.

Not getting involved in a slanging match but merely defending myself against some of the stuff which you've said that is plainly wrong.

Kean - how many times has he been on the brink according to the ITK's and I do not pretend to be one of them !

Several names were on shortlist for assistant's job - what world do you live in, candidates, as in all walks of life, move up and down lists as circumstances change.

Did not say in January that any player was faking injury and I have never said any player was faking injury, not a statement that anyone with an ounce of legal knowledge would make. No one would doubt that some players are doubly cautious that they have fully recovered from injuries before returning to play rather than risk a more serious injury or a prolonged lay off.

I did say in April that I thought Hoilett might have played his last game for the club, however, that was my opinion and I was wrong.

Thought something would break last week that didn't, as did others on this MB.

As for "anytime something does break" that is crap, can't readily recall an instance - you must be getting me confused with one of your ITK pals who always seems to plays that game !

This is a MB for views, speculation and gossip. In case you hadn't noticed, a huge amount of stuff written by the press never seems to happen either. Hmmm.

Closed book for me now, end of story and no hard feelings.

Archived