BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Williams gone?

i quite agree with the home results being a massive problem and the cost appears somewhat high ( some of the deals this season have been very very cheap ) but can you substantiate on " on occasions, guests dissapointed with the food " Have you had first hand experience of this ?? Can you please enlighten me ?? I was led to believe that the match day hospitality at rovers was of a very high standard.

Forgive me for banging on about this matter but from the experience that i received, which was second to none and left no chance what so ever for any of our party to be dissapointed with anything other than the result.

I have eaten once at Ewood when my wife's tennis club had their awards night in one of the suites. This was a set menu for an evening which cost £35 / ticket - I don't know how much the food actually cost as there was a "comedian" as well. Keep in mind this was a set menu, advance ticket sales only, so Northcote's knew exactly how many to provide for and precisely what the menu was - chicken breast of some sort, hardly difficult.

The food was very average in my view, the service sloppy and not everyone received similar portion sizes. For me if I'm going to an event which was partly sold to on the basis "food provided by Northcote" I expect a very high standard. This was several years ago and I have never considered eating at Ewood again. My wife still goes each year, though she'd prefer to just hand over the cash! I choose to stay at home. It seems to me if Northcote's cannot provide good quality for a planned evening they are unlikely to do so under the pressure of a match day when time is short.

I'm sure others have had much better experience than this but I'm not prepared to stump up £79 (currently £59) to find out. If the club provided somewhere I could get a good glass of wine, perhaps pasta or a REALLY good home-made burger, decent salad and a great cup of coffee for around £15-20 I would give it serious consideration. My local pub can do it, why not my local football club?

The problem with food is you get one chance - disappoint the customer and he/she is unlikely to return.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have eaten once at Ewood when my wife's tennis club had their awards night in one of the suites. This was a set menu for an evening which cost £35 / ticket - I don't know how much the food actually cost as there was "comedian" as well. Keep in mind this was a set menu, advance ticket sales only, so Northcote's knew exactly how many to provide for and precisely what the meun was - chicken breast of some sort, hardly difficult.

The food was very average in my view, the service sloppy and not everyone recived similar portion sizes. For me if I'm going to an event whcih was partly sold to on the basis "food provided by Northcote" I expect a very high standard. This was several years ago and I would never consider eating at Ewood again. My wife still goes each year, though she'd prefer to just hand over the cash! I choose to stay at home. It seems to me if Northcote's cannot provide good quality for a planned evening they are unlikley to do so under the pressure of a match day when time is short.

I'm sure others have had much better experience than this but I'm not prepared to stump up £79 (currently £59) to find out. If the club provided somewhere I could get a good glass of wine, perhaps pasta or a REALLY good home-made burger, decent salad and a great cup of coffee for around £15-20 I would give it serious consideration. My local pub can do it, why not my local football club?

The problem with food is you get one chance - disappoin the customer and he/she is unlikely to return.

Thank you so much for your reply. I find that amazing, again only based from my experience. Just goest to show the one chance is all you get! The food served to our party was of the highest standard and above. Fair to say that out of the 8 of us, all 8 described it as being some of the best food we had ever eaten. For my parents xmas present I have booked them dinner, bed and breakfast at Northcote this week. I was hoping they would experience the same standard we had exeperienced at ewood in the summer.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

For my parents xmas present I have booked them dinner, bed and breakfast at Northcote this week. I was hoping they would experience the same standard we had exeperienced at ewood in the summer.

From what I have heard I'm 100% your parents will have a fabulous time at Northcote. I would happily go there, though I've never been.

Thank you so much for your reply. I find that amazing, again only based from my experience. Just goest to show the one chance is all you get! The food served to our party was of the highest standard and above. Fair to say that out of the 8 of us, all 8 described it as being some of the best food we had ever eaten. For my parents xmas present I have booked them dinner, bed and breakfast at Northcote this week. I was hoping they would experience the same standard we had exeperienced at ewood in the summer.

Have eaten at Northcote, Stanley House (Northcote & Stanley viewed by most as comparable), and Rovers.

First two, service and food excellent and never disappointed.

Rovers has been very good and, IMO, compares favourably to other sporting stadia, but, on occasions, has not quite come up to people's expectations. It's all about individual opinions and, as a poster referred to, people going to Rovers are expecting 'Northcote standards' in their entirety.

Your parents have a weekend to look forward to - don't worry !

They are doing that aren't they? Hannah did before the Swansea game. I'm sure it was a special deal of £55pp or something like that.

To sit outside you mean?

I think they should allow you to buy one off box seats if nobody is using them!

• Backroom

When I went in the c and d lounge I recall getting some sort of soup then a pretty standard lamb shank, nothing exceptional for the price per head.

Great food in the pennants though it was when Nigel Haworth was in the final of great British menu and he was there on the day serving his menu that was in the competition.

Northcote is fantasic, I have stayed and eaten there a few times. They will love it!

Got the job because of his dad. Had venkys stuck a family member in charge of marketing the board would have gone into meltdown. I have no doubt that we can find someone equally capable to fill the role.

Very churlish. Your old fella's made a bob or two hasn't he eddie? No doubt he's helped you and opened a few doors along the way. So how are you doing?

Can only speak for myself but SW and I have conversed by email a few times in the past. I've lost his email address now but and I had formed quite a high regard for him. I certainly hold him in higher regard than I do you eddie..... but then you knew that already didn't you?

Please can you define your second rate meal ?? I had hospitality in august and the service was amazing and the food was simply stunning. Was this second rate meal supplied by northcote, the caterers for ewood hospitality ??

I appreciate i have only been in the hospitality area the once and you have more experience of this than me, but it seemed on my day that if i wanted anything at all i only had to ask. It appeared they couldn't do enough for our party.

Suprised...

It's unrealistic. Approx £140 for 4 tickets still leaves over £200 per head for the meal! The 4 could lunch at Northcote order a limo down to Ewood and back and have a superb evening meal and still have change out of that! Alternatively all 4 could go to the game, check into the Millstones for an overnight stay and wine and dine all evening with full English in the morning TWICE over for the amount BRFC wanted to charge for that package. Value for money it is not! Not only that but the novelty has gone. Premier packaged football is so passe imo. Most businessmen now make up excuses not to go when invited. I've often been invited onto tables that local companies can't fill with customers.

It's unrealistic. Approx £140 for 4 tickets still leaves over £200 per head for the meal! The 4 could lunch at Northcote order a limo down to Ewood and back and have a superb evening meal and still have change out of that! Alternatively all 4 could go to the game, check into the Millstones, wine and dine all evening TWICE for the amount BRFC wanted to charge for that package. Value for money it is not! Not only that but the novelty has gone. Premier packaged football is so passe imo. Most businessmen now make up excuses not to go when invited. I've often been invited onto tables that local companies can't fill with customers.

You are right Gordon. Corporate at Ewood is sh!te value. It will not get any better unless they offer chicken and chips in a basket.

You are right Gordon. Corporate at Ewood is sh!te value. It will not get any better unless they offer chicken and chips in a basket.

And who was in charge of the Corporate Hostility at Ewood (Yes I know)..........

Get plenty e/w on Somersby in the VC chase at Ascot on Saturday. Current odds are about 6/1. Fill your boots and then say thanks !

SouthAussieRover - hope you filled your boots - I did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Treating the missus to a meal out tonight, anywhere she wants.

SouthAussieRover - hope you filled your boots - I did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Treating the missus to a meal out tonight, anywhere she wants.

Al Ferof was well beaten by the final few furlongs, think novice chases are still his level for now

Still, Cheltenham gets ever closer :tu: :tu:

I dont know how true this is but somebody has wrote this on Facebook

apparently simon williams was paid off and told to keep it shut,his staff were notified by Email and the place is in more chaos now

Well done! Where's she chosen and did you win enough to also go?

Lol. Big mistake but too honest - she opted for our local village pub (modest) and a new dress today that she spotted yesterday (extravagant)! When you get a genuine tip, always put a stash on - I'm still well in pocket !!!

Lol. Big mistake but too honest - she opted for our local village pub (modest) and a new dress today that she spotted yesterday (extravagant)! When you get a genuine tip, always put a stash on - I'm still well in pocket !!!

Will she treat you and flog the dress on ebay when your next big bet goes tits up?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived